Official ROM Upgrade for HTC HD2 (T-Mobile) UK 15/03/10 1.43.110.2

Search This thread

alexnvidia

Sep 29, 2006
mine is a sim free phone so i could not login to look at the changelog

perhaps if yours is branded tmobile you could do so, and post the changelog here ?

there must be some change or why would they post it dated 15/03/10 ???

there is no changelog from htc's site. it's just a small "updated" t-mo uk ROM, still based on the very first 1.43 ROMs. i wont call it an update at all. FYI, this so called update has been made available in xda for a long time now. i've downloaded it and compared the Hash, and they are 100% identical.

cgrec92

Dec 29, 2009
London
omg!
if this is the update i've waited 3 months for then heads are gonna roll!
is it actually the exact same rom as before?
what the hell was the point in it?

amarko5

Jan 4, 2007
Lake District Area
there is no changelog from htc's site. it's just a small "updated" t-mo uk ROM, still based on the very first 1.43 ROMs. i wont call it an update at all. FYI, this so called update has been made available in xda for a long time now. i've downloaded it and compared the Hash, and they are 100% identical.

Ohh I am "SO SORRY" i wasted my time posting something i noticed on The HTC site.

Next time I notice something I won't waste my time posting then :p

Swampie

Feb 9, 2006

It's not even an update. Its the exact same version number that I have on my original ROM T-Mobile HD2 - ROM Version:1.43.110.2.

And yes, I still have my original ROM. It works okay for what I do, and want to stick with official ROMs if possible. Maybe in the future if T-Mobile don't give a real update, or I hit serious issues, but for now I'd like to keep my warranty intact. I'm aware I can re-flash it easily back to the original ROM (even more so now that ROM is officially available to download) - however my concern is over times when I get a fault which means I cannot re-flash it.

jonyid

Sep 14, 2008
i'm on the original t-mobile rom and find it suitable. the only real change ive made is to revert back to the windows messaging set up, not htc messages.

how many people on the original rom have had problems with HTC messaging?

constructorx

Jan 15, 2010
The disclaimer says:

* This is a generic software update. Any additional software or settings provided by your mobile operator or company will be lost. If you require this customization, please contact your supplier first before upgrading.

This may 'unlock' t-mobile from their current position and allow them the HTC rom upgrade path.

Has anyone tried this?

Swampie

Feb 9, 2006
The disclaimer says:

* This is a generic software update. Any additional software or settings provided by your mobile operator or company will be lost. If you require this customization, please contact your supplier first before upgrading.

This may 'unlock' t-mobile from their current position and allow them the HTC rom upgrade path.

Has anyone tried this?

Interesting point, however I suspect it's a standard disclaimer they put onto their ROM downloads. Would be interesting though for someone to confirm?

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Well, someone try and download it using their S/N and try flashing. Worst that happens is it says 'Incorrect Vendor ID'

abraca1

Jan 13, 2010
rom upgrade INDIA

when is a rom upgrade for indian users coming??????????

ANy Help HEre....

andybarker

Mar 19, 2006
At least we now have an official T-Mobile ROM we can revert to if we ever need to take the phone back.

I know they tend not to bother if you install other ROMs, but nice to have it as a fallback option.

ukdaves

Feb 8, 2007
*sigh*

Goldcard here we come... Interesting that on t-mo's own forum thread
they haven't actually announced the availability of this yet (even though they must be able to see their own customers fuming away...)

support.t-mobile.co.uk/discussions/index?page=forums&topic=801038058f61be601258e88860f007fca&messageit.offset=70

(can't post the link, so you'll have to cut and paste..)

I don't even want to think what the reaction on there is going to be once they actually announce it.

Ah, no, they'll mark it as solved, and no-one will be able to post! Good stuff, eh? :)

fpar

Dec 9, 2009
I tried it just incase it was generic but that was a a massive waste of time, as far as I can see this rom is identical to the factory version.

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Goldcard here we come... Interesting that on t-mo's own forum thread
they haven't actually announced the availability of this yet (even though they must be able to see their own customers fuming away...)

support.t-mobile.co.uk/discussions/index?page=forums&topic=801038058f61be601258e88860f007fca&messageit.offset=70

(can't post the link, so you'll have to cut and paste..)

I don't even want to think what the reaction on there is going to be once they actually announce it.

Ah, no, they'll mark it as solved, and no-one will be able to post! Good stuff, eh? :)

Don't need a gold card, just install HSPL and away you go!!