FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(NEED TESTERS) DUSK Taskbar & BLACK theme ~ tacchan23 edition

732 posts
Thanks Meter: 95

By tacchan23, Senior Member on 18th March 2010, 02:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I'm opening this thread here couse I'm looking for some testers for my black theme below.
On the main thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624874 I've been reported some problems about SMS background by a HTC touch pro user.
In detail, I noticed that all the popup menu doesn't change colors (they are maybe skinned by HTC maybe?) and also the SMS background still stay white (and so my modified white text is not readible).

If someone could try both version I made:
tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA
Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA x HTC TouchPro
and see if it's the same for everyone regardless of ROMs and so.
Also if u have any suggestions (maybe there is some registry tweak to disable the HTC skinning or something) on how to make the popup menus black too would be nice.
Thanks

1- DUSK Taskbar ~ tacchan23 edition
Info:
- WM 6.5.x and 6.5
- (W)VGA
- Best used along with one of my Themes below
- Before installing anything remember to install SDKCERTS.cab from Here Without this the taskbar may not work! (usually not needed for cooked roms)
Bluetooth:
- Not needed anymore to use the BTnotifier.exe on Omnia2. I found the OEM .dll file (from Samsung) which contains the BT icons for Omnia2 and, after replacing the icons there, I added it to my taskbar cabs.
- The BtIconNotifierDusk is needed only for some phones which can't display the Bluetooth icon correctly and istead display the standard WM icon (before using it, try if it works without the fix)
HTCvolumecontrol:
- If you have problem with HTC volume control, you may TRY install this fix Here OR to delete the htcvolumecontrol.dll from Windows folder.
Best solution is sending me the original htcvolumecontrol.dll from your ROM.

DuskBlue Taskbar

Downloads DuskBlue taskbar for GSM phones (taskbar background image is not included, it can be found in my Themes below):
tacchan23_DuskBlue_Taskbar_VGA_wm6.5.x for WM 6.5.x
tacchan23_DuskBlue_Taskbar_VGA_wm6.5 for WM 6.5

Downloads DuskBlue taskbar with Clock for WM6.5.x only
Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA - DuskClockBlack
Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA - DuskClockBlue the blue version cab will also replace the signal and active sync icons as in the screenshot
This cab will install a new taskbar image with clock background; the blue version cab will also replace the signal and active sync icons as in the screenshot.
This is optimized for being used with my Theme below, but it can be used also with other themes (BUT in this case u'll have to reinstall the cab every time u switch to another theme, while if you have my theme installed you can revert to it anytime)
Install order is important:
1. install Dusk taskbar (and CDMAfix if needed)
2. install my Theme (optional but reccomended) or any other theme u plan to use
3. install DuskClock
Uninstall procedure is important too:
if u uninstall them, u need to reinstall my Taskbar
green and blue can replace each other, but black need to install on clean taskbar (if u want to change from green/blue clock to black clock, u need to uninstall everything and start again to install my taskbar and then the black clock)

Downloads DuskBlue fix for CDMA phones:
Install the GSM taskbar cab first (above), then the CDMA fix: it comes with two different styles of signal icons (choose and install just one of the below cabs, they work for both wm6.5 and wm6.5.x):
tacchan23_DuskBlue_Taskbar_CDMAfix Mine same signal icons as in the GSM version
tacchan23_DuskBlue_Taskbar_CDMAfix Original signal icons as in the original dusk cdma fix

Downloads Bluetooth fix if you have problems with BT icon:
BtIconNotifierDuskBlue

DuskGreen Taskbar

Downloads DuskGreen taskbar:
tacchan23_Dusk_Taskbar_VGA_wm6.5.x
tacchan23_Dusk_Taskbar_VGA_wm6.5

Fix for CDMA with two different kind of style for signal icons (choose and install just one of the below cabs, they work for both wm6.5 and wm6.5.x):
tacchan23_Dusk_Taskbar_CDMAfix Mine same signal icons as in the GSM version
tacchan23_Dusk_Taskbar_CDMAfix Original signal icons as in the original dusk cdma fix

Bluetooth fix if you have problems with BT icon:
BtIconNotifierDusk

2- BLACK Theme ~ tacchan23 edition
Info:
New release of my Black theme optimized for Dusk taskbar:
- new Dusk style taskbar and softkeybar
- new pivot bar image
- new WinMo colors for better reading on black background
- new threaded sms black background
- known bug: some cases (depending maybe on the sender) of received emails not being readible; the workaround is to reply to the email, then press "edit sender's email". Then it becomes readable.
- known bug: in some ROM/phones, there are problems of unreadeable SMS text on same colored background; you can try the HCT TouchPro version if you have white text on white background problem

WM 6.5.x
- (W)VGA
- black blackground (also for threaded sms) with blue selectors (green/red/purple/etc selectors available as AddOns)
- 7 themes (.tsk) to choose different styles of softkeybar and taskbar (details in the screenshots below):
tacchan23Black Dusk: dusk softkeybar and taskbar (best used with Dusk taskbar)
tacchan23Black DuskManila: dusk softkeybar and taskbar with Manila style buttons (best used with Dusk taskbar)
tacchan23Black 1: complitely black bars without any border with Manila style buttons
tacchan23Black 2: complitely black bars without any border with Dusk style buttons
tacchan23Black Bordered1: bordered bars in black
tacchan23Black Bordered2: bordered bars with glossy effect
tacchan23Black Bordered3: same as the above but with different style of bottom bar

Downloads Black Theme
tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA
Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA x HTC TouchPro you can try this version (tested on HTC TouchPro) if you have white text on white background problem

19th March 2010, 04:01 AM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
Flag Marlton, NJ
Thanks Meter: 889

More
Wow, these look fantastic!
20th March 2010, 02:01 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Talking Thank you!
This works real slick on my Touch Pro 2, I will update this post if I notice any problems but it is slick! Excellent work...............
20th March 2010, 12:09 PM |#4  
Norway
Thanks Meter: 39

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Test of theme
Been using it for a day now, and I'm really impressed.

Some minor adjustment, I notice:
In Sense:
Adding new Contact - White text on white bg
Adding new Appointment - White text on white bg

In Sense & Windows default
Mail setup - White text on white bg
* In Windows default Adding new contact and appointment worked
(White text on black bg)

I'm now on the Touch pro theme ver.

Keep up the good work
21st March 2010, 12:09 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew2000

This works real slick on my Touch Pro 2, I will update this post if I notice any problems but it is slick! Excellent work...............

Did u check your SMS inbox and compose too? and popup menus? does it have white or black background?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbNoR

In Sense:

(White text on black bg)

Keep up the good work

Same questions as above too^^
Also, did u try also the version for TouchPro?

Thanks for the feedback!
4th April 2010, 01:10 AM |#6  
Flag Kissimmee
Thanks Meter: 679

More
very nice theme and taskbar, I'm running it on the Energy sense 2.5 and it looks pretty smooth. I'll report on it later.

PS: I'm trying to find where the dark theme wallpaper that the start menu and lockscreen uses, is located at, so I can added to my homescreen, and finalize the theme.
can someone tell me where it is? I've checked the theme folder and in the windows directory, but I probably missed it.
5th April 2010, 05:53 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbNoR

In Sense:

(White text on black bg)

Keep up the good work

Hi - HTC HD2. Artemis V7 ROM. Manilla 2.5.

Have white on white issues with contacts etc. as reported by others....

Thanks for all hard work.

tmwns.
6th April 2010, 11:28 AM |#8  

More
Great Work!! I was having a problem with my Max in full screen until I installed your theme and taskbar. I am running NRGZ 23554 Max rom, the latest and was having some problems with the full screen. After installing your theme it seems to have cleared it up.

Thank you for these!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot1.Jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	304766  
24th April 2010, 06:39 PM |#9  
Winnipeg, MB

More
hello, i tried the duskbar green for win 6.5.x on the latest TAEL ROM Sense 2.5 and found that reply to SMS icon changed to blue just like in that image above? no other bottom icons changed. this happens often when i try new taskbars. anyone have an explanation for that?

also, the only way i can get the bottom icons back to normal is to reinstall the rom, which is a real pain! uninstalling or installing a new taskbar does not fix that bottom icon. :'(
28th August 2010, 01:52 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
when i write sms i have black background and cannot see what i type

i tested both versions...

any fix??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	390009  
10th April 2011, 11:31 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Seems like an old thread. Is there any new version of this black theme? I can't see the char count when I send an sms. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)