Brought to you by JockyW (jockyw2001)
March 19, 2010
DISCLAIMER: I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE USING THIS TOOL
THIS HARDSPL IS ONLY FOR NEON400 AND NOT FOR NIKI
1. connect your NEON400 with your PC by USB cable and boot into Windows Mobile
2. wait until ActiveSync is ready (icon green)
3. run "flash-hardspl.bat" to flash the HardSPL. It will create a backup of your current SPL
(called "spl-backup.bin") and creates a file "check.bin" in subdirectory "1" (for diagnostic purposes)
4. the phone will be rebooted automatically
5. you can now flash any cooked or original rom, splash screen or radio rom
- if your device is application locked the batch file will run with errors. To app unlock your device
Download PHM Registry Editor - v0.70 from here:
Copy it to your device and execute it.
Modify this registry key:
HKLM/Security/Policies/Policies/0000101B if set to dword:2, change it to dword:1
Reset using power button and try again.
- the HardSPL is based on the SPL v0.28.0000 (Neon_C, Shipped)
- a quick verification for correct installation is to boot into SPL tri-colour bootloader screen. In the top-left corner it should display "0.28.Hard"
- to flash back the stock SPL 0.28.0000 run "flash-stock-0.28.0000.bat"
- to flash your original SPL run "flash-your-backup.bat"
I have reconstructed the original NEON400 Bell and Telus WM6.1 Pro Build 199220.127.116.11 roms from dumps.
You can find them here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/zkxsyc
With these roms you can easily set up a kitchen for NEON400.
Check this Kaiser kitchen tutorial for a jump start:
- itsme for his fantastic open source itsutils package
- Tadzio for his ImgfsTools
- pof and Olipro for many HardSPL patches
- cobra_21ca for testing HardSPL
- cpuguy, Roadhog ([email protected]) and edgarpoe for dumping the roms
If you like the HardSPL and appreciate the time and effort I have put into this then feel free to send a PayPal donation to [email protected]
or click the donate button in my signature.