FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Phone dialled out internaionally without permission!

322 posts
Thanks Meter: 62
 
By smudgelab, Senior Member on 22nd March 2010, 09:52 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2010, 12:28 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
lol...Your HD2 may have been worried you would start cavorting round in wide shouldered shiny jackets with your sleeves rolled up, baggy trousers, pastel coloured t shirts, slip on espadrilles (I was in the 80's too) & tried to save you the humiliation. Glad this may have helped & saved someone else from an unexpected telephonic dry reaming from their operator.
24th March 2010, 01:54 AM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:

Google suggests +882 may be something to do with satellite phones(!?)

Actually +882 is not the code for satellite phones (+881 is the official code for satellite phones, Iridium satellite phones for example have +8816 and +8817).

+88 (00 88) is the international code for Bangladesh.
6th April 2010, 07:12 AM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
had the same calls on my phone last night @ 3.55! the same numbers. i woke up and saw how my phone tried to call the numbers. are there more people with this problem? will do an antivirus check and may be put a new rom on it (hd2)
griaz!
6th April 2010, 07:42 AM |#14  
conantroutman's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 7,550
 
More
Yep, had this last night too, 12am GMT, same numbers as OP.
Mines a t mobile stock rom, had no such problems before, ran a kaspersky check which revealed nothing! gonna phone t mobile later and see what they say.

edit; just noticed some 3rd party apps which i have in common with the op,
netripper torchbutton
bsb tweaks
skyfire
Had these for months though with no problems...

however installed more recently were;
vovichek and jamrecords 16 shcut
southend qualcomm
xtract
experiment 13

Anyone else using these?
6th April 2010, 09:45 AM |#15  
Junior Member
Paszto
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terenth

had the same calls on my phone last night @ 3.55! the same numbers. i woke up and saw how my phone tried to call the numbers. are there more people with this problem? will do an antivirus check and may be put a new rom on it (hd2)
griaz!

I also reported this problem with the phone number.
Live in Hungary.
(sorry, no speak english. Google translate )
6th April 2010, 10:23 AM |#16  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Tonight i had the same issue:
at 01:00 AM the phone auto-calls
several numbers:

+8823460777
+1 (767) 5033611 (what the hell?)
+88213213214 <------ same of the 3d starter
+25240221601 <------ about 3,5€ for 1min and 30 sec. of call!!!

I have HTC Diamond with black HD rom:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=643074
6th April 2010, 11:59 AM |#17  
pigglett's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cheshire UK
Thanks Meter: 124
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conantroutman

Yep, had this last night too, 12am GMT, same numbers as OP.
Mines a t mobile stock rom, had no such problems before, ran a kaspersky check which revealed nothing! gonna phone t mobile later and see what they say.

edit; just noticed some 3rd party apps which i have in common with the op,
netripper torchbutton
bsb tweaks
skyfire
Had these for months though with no problems...

however installed more recently were;
vovichek and jamrecords 16 shcut
southend qualcomm
xtract
experiment 13

Anyone else using these?


oops I have every programs except xtract

Had them on a while and no dialing out yet

Iam also running cookies home tab and quite a few others

fingers crossed
6th April 2010, 01:00 PM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciuchino2

Tonight i had the same issue:
at 01:00 AM the phone auto-calls
several numbers:

+8823460777
+1 (767) 5033611 (what the hell?)
+88213213214 <------ same of the 3d starter
+25240221601 <------ about 3,5€ for 1min and 30 sec. of call!!!

I have HTC Diamond with black HD rom:

Same problem here, the exact same numbers in the exact same order. (12:23-12:25 AM GMT+3 Romania)
I have LG KS20 with original French rom (WM6).

I'm pretty sure I have none of those programes installed.
6th April 2010, 01:32 PM |#19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Auto Dial
I have a stock ROM ATT Tilt2


This AM I powered on my phone and as soon as it loaded it attempted to dial 88213213214 I was able to stop the call since the phone was still in my hand. As I pressed on an icon to start PowerOptions to softreset my phone, then the phone attempted to dial 17675033611. I once again stopped the call. I turned off my phone and restarted it.....nothing else thus far. Like others I have never dialed any of the number prior.
6th April 2010, 01:54 PM |#20  
conantroutman's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter: 7,550
 
More
My phone just tried dial one of these numbers again, pretty much 12 hours exactly after it first happened, I've already had t mobile bar outgoing internaional calls but this is ridiculous.

Ok I just googled those numbers and found this, doesnt make much sense to me but it explains what these numbers are, why my phone wants to call them though is beyond me

Explanation of +882 numbers

Wiki Explanation of +882's
6th April 2010, 10:56 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Did someone had wlan activated?
I will flash a new rom and deactivate the phone (without setting the whole phone off) and watch what happens..
Griaz!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
3d anti terrorist, dialer, dialler, fraud, game, trojan.wince.terdial.a, virus

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes