FORUMS

Regarding Custom ROMS

847 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By seeM_ZA, Senior Member on 22nd March 2010, 02:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi there

Firstly.. No, this is not a typical noobie thread asking for the best custom ROM out there, as I know it's related to personal preference. My problem is that I have a download limit, so I can not test out every ROM I'd like to.

A solution to this problem would be if you guys could recommend a few of the fastest ROMs for me, in your experiences (I'm not so interested in eye candy, more usability.. and most importantly I want it AS SMOOOOOTH AS POSSIBLE, I love smoooothness ) After a few ROMs are recommended I'll have a better picture of what to check out and what to download and I won't be wasting toomuch of my download limit.

Thanks in advance
22nd March 2010, 02:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Why do you have a download limit? What is your limit?
22nd March 2010, 02:59 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cape Town

Donate to Me
More
I live in South Africa where not everyone has unlimited internet.. My download limit is 5gb a month (but thats for my whole family...) , but I'm pretty close to blowing it :-/
23rd March 2010, 05:21 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cape Town

Donate to Me
More
C'mon, can't anyone help me out here?
23rd March 2010, 09:08 PM |#5  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 259

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeM_ZA

C'mon, can't anyone help me out here?

I think you should start a new thread (search first) entitled "Fastest Custom ROM?" That will get a discussion started, and people who are interested in the subject will see the title and post their opinions.
24th March 2010, 03:17 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cape Town

Donate to Me
More
I'll try that.. I wanted to avoid that though, 'cause I didn't want this to be those typical "What is the best custom ROM?" threads, and recieve the typical reply of "There is no best custom ROM"
24th March 2010, 04:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeM_ZA

I'll try that.. I wanted to avoid that though, 'cause I didn't want this to be those typical "What is the best custom ROM?" threads, and recieve the typical reply of "There is no best custom ROM"

Just sort the forum by the ROM w/ the most posts or views. If you go with those they will most likely be the most tested, have more user support/solution, and they have gone through a couple different versions.
24th March 2010, 05:11 PM |#8  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 259

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8

Just sort the forum by the ROM w/ the most posts or views. If you go with those they will most likely be the most tested, have more user support/solution, and they have gone through a couple different versions.

Yes, but the specific question is which is the FASTEST ROM.
25th March 2010, 12:05 AM |#9  
Flag FRESNO, CA
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I tried a couple roms and decided I hated 6.5, so I cannot say for sure...but I can point you in a direction to check threads...

Energy, Cell, Josh, and DeepShining have all had very positive responses, and speed is something commonly mentioned among the pluses.

I hope this helps. Perhaps reading those particular threads can help you decide before wasting bandwidth.
25th March 2010, 12:24 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedebi

Yes, but the specific question is which is the FASTEST ROM.

In other words it is literally impossible to tell. The fastest ROM will be a today screen or titanium with no mods, it really boils down to what you want your phone to do though. I personally like eye candy and stability, you can see what I've chosen below for those. Don't get me wrong, it is still pretty fast, just not as fast as a bone stock ROM would be. I'd be willing to download, burn, and send a DVD full of ROMs, let me know.
26th March 2010, 10:32 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cape Town

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8

In other words it is literally impossible to tell. The fastest ROM will be a today screen or titanium with no mods, it really boils down to what you want your phone to do though. I personally like eye candy and stability, you can see what I've chosen below for those. Don't get me wrong, it is still pretty fast, just not as fast as a bone stock ROM would be. I'd be willing to download, burn, and send a DVD full of ROMs, let me know.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I've reached my download limit lol.. I'm posting this from my phone's internet.

WOW! That DVD would be TRULY awesome, and I'd REALLY REALLY appreciate it. How can we go about doing this kind sir?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)