FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]SuperCSDIv4 by MLIGN- one of the FASTEST Donuts till date!!

371 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By arefin, Senior Member on 25th March 2010, 09:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
- for those who dont like to see anymore Donut ROMs - I am so sorry
- for people who believe only Donut is good for their G1 - it's time to rejoice having a Donut again :)
- This is NOT my ROM, I am NOT a Dev...I am sharing from MLIGNs Modification of the Super@tmel ROM CSDIv4
- since many Devs are posting CSDI-variants in the Forum, this should easily be another candidate....the reason is simple: its the most stable and fastest of all the other Builds of CSDI so far

Credits:

SUPER@TMEL - the creator
MLIGN - the Modder
ChrisChavez - the first notifier about the Mod

Features:
Working APN

Fastesttttt, "Was getting up to 2.326 on Linpack with this ROM compared to 2.309* SuperD 1.9.3. Also awesome 3D scores although I don't play and 3D games on it. Didn't have 3D on SuperD as I was running ramhack."
- synaptic_d
*some people reported even lower FLOPS for SuperD (2.273 or so) inLinpack

No Maps, Install it by urselves
Two Themes - white and Black, changeable from built in Metamorph app
Fixed Keyboard for English
QuickBoot
NO RAM Hack, still faster than anything!!
SWAP from SuperSetup
COMPCACHE from Spare-parts
BT File Transfer
Estrongs File Explorer
Supersetup4
JrosMetamorph (no need for andexplorer)
wired/wireless Tethering

Fixed everything that caused CSDI to be unpopular ;)
Most stable Variant of CSDI
Application response is tremendous fast

DL Link & Video Review of this ROM by Chris, also he posted this ROM first in the CSDI thread...sorry Chris...I thought It should reach more people!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisChavez

If you guys want the "fixed" version of this by MLIGN here ya go!

http://is.gd/aVBdp

Working APN off the bat (for T-Mobile USA), fixed English keyboard!

Google Maps was taken out cuz it wasn't updating. Now you can download normally from Market =)

THAT'S IT!!!!

Here's my video review for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw20EpJfZ0w

Themes:

1(a). An Elegance Themed version of SuperCSDI ROM from Opasha, Be warned that it's a complete ROM not just a Theme, so nandroid is ur friend. THANKS Man!!!

1(b). Only the Theme update.Zip of the Elegance (!Button texts are Black by the way!). Thanks to Opasha.

2. Espresso Theme by nephron (thanks man) can be found in his thread here

3. ADWone theme has also been reported to work with this ROM with no Problem, get it here.

FAQ

1. My BT headset does not receive audio from the Phone, what's wrong?
> it's a known Bug with this ROM, No fixes yet but you can always try enabling 'Special Bluetooth' from 'Supersetup/Special Options' and/or try this fix

2. I can't seem to find my EXT partition to install/restore applications to, why?
> There is an Option in Supersetup/Options/APPS2SD and LinuxSwap/ there you can enable Apps2SD. Also pay application can be made available from there.

3. My phone crashes after I set some profile in SetCPU, what can I do?
> Domt use Set CPU, use CPU Options from Supersetup instead.

4. I dont Like the Theme very much, any Idea?
> use any metamorph theme through JrosMetamorph application built-in with this ROM. OR use the themes attached in theme section (Above)

5. Sometimes returning to Home screen takes ages, what the hack?
> Could be some bug associated with the better terminal app, try removing it and use another Terminal Emulator instead.

Screens:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1269506699473.jpg
Views:	4694
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	298783   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1269506841906.jpg
Views:	4192
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	298784   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1269507112869.jpg
Views:	3698
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	298785   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1269507163159.jpg
Views:	3085
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	298786  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arefin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arefin Ad-Free

25th March 2010, 09:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
thanks for the post. flashin right now.
25th March 2010, 10:05 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
got a black screen hang when I did a second boot of this rom after selecting apps2sd
25th March 2010, 10:08 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by |Logic|

got a black screen hang when I did a second boot of this rom after selecting apps2sd

did u maintain the basics.?..:) Just asking,
full wipe and then flash....should work fine....
I have Apps2SD functioning...
25th March 2010, 10:50 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Higher MFLOPS values doesn't necessarily mean an all around faster ROM, as I was easily getting 3.6's on FastTest with JIT and the RAM hack, any CSDI based ROM is going to be faster than SuperD even with JIT and the 10MB RAM hack, yet CSDI has yet to reach MFLOPS values above 3.0.

Flashed, and it honestly feels just as snappy as zachattack052's Beta ROM (which had the APN and keybaord fix as well as Brut's mod'd google maps) Good job on the fixes, MLIGN.
25th March 2010, 10:56 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neckface

Higher MFLOPS values doesn't necessarily mean an all around faster ROM, as I was easily getting 3.6's on FastTest with JIT and the RAM hack, any CSDI based ROM is going to be faster than SuperD even with JIT and the 10MB RAM hack, yet CSDI has yet to reach MFLOPS values above 3.0.

Flashed, and it honestly feels just as snappy as zachattack052's Beta ROM (which had the APN and keybaord fix as well as Brut's mod'd google maps) Good job on the fixes, MLIGN.

some people seem to believe them....otherwise, I only believe what I feel and see, Please if u like the ROM say thankss to the DEVs....
Thank you
25th March 2010, 10:58 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arefin

some people seem to believe them....otherwise, I only believe what I feel and see, Please if u like the ROM say thankss to the DEVs....
Thank you

Agreed. Thank you, Devs. n_n
25th March 2010, 12:22 PM |#8  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,873

Donate to Me
More
No apps2sd
Ok so I did a full wipe and my sd card is already partitioned. Flashed this rom. Now the SupSetup v4 app won't run on my device. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still the same problem. No apps2sd for me on this rom?
25th March 2010, 12:25 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
u gotta go in to supsetup and do it threw there its an option...then check it then restart
25th March 2010, 01:07 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Blazing fast on the g1 ~ coming from latest cyanogen.
But im missing eclair browser, clock and mt
25th March 2010, 02:13 PM |#11  
Flag Rocky Mount, NC
Thanks Meter: 132

More
My report
The most amazing thing about this rom....

its not capable of running Jit due to the lack of Eclair in framework,
and it doesn't have ramhack, don't think it's capable of that either, but probably could be done,

and yet it still defines itself to be the fastest donut of all! Without all the memory hacks, amazing. Even more astonishing for the 3D game lovers.

Aside from linpack or speedtest scores, This is down right the fastest rom I ever used, including the multiple versions released by all the devs who edited it to their own flavor (zachattack052,domenukk, to name a couple)

So big ups to this thread, as I love to see another version of it has been docked for my collection of downloads

For those of you who haven't tried it, you really should...if you like the level of speed from fastTest(superfast now) and Super D...then you will absolutely fall in love with this one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)