FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

"Official leak" Sprint HTC Hero getting update on April 9th, is it Android 2.1 ?

634 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By networx2002, Senior Member on 25th March 2010, 10:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...d-21-april-9th

25th March 2010, 11:50 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Cant wait for this to come out
25th March 2010, 11:57 PM |#3  
Salt Lake City, UT.
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Not even sure that came from Sprint. It is just a random shot of a "memo". I will not buy into it. It would be nice tho.
26th March 2010, 12:01 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
from the comments:

I spoke with sprint customer service today b/c my MMS stopped working after I updated the PRL today and they said there would be a maintenance release on april 9th to fix the MMS issue, but it was not the 2.1 update. So don't get your hopes up. --- Submitted by repinphilly247 on Thu, 03/25/2010 - 18:52.

so it may have nothing to do with 2.1 at all...
26th March 2010, 12:01 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
we shall see, I'm not dying over this, there's only a few small nagging issues left over in the 2.1 roms we already have.
26th March 2010, 12:11 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
i dont think its 2.1
26th March 2010, 12:13 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obelisk79

there's only a few small nagging issues left over in the 2.1 roms we already have.

Actually, none of the issues that are bugging me with DC are rumored to be fixed in the official update anyway, as far as I've heard.

I could get excited about it if they fix Gmail or have live wallpapers working with Sense, though.
26th March 2010, 12:20 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
It specifically says tentatively April 9 which means that could change. I am sure they are still running tests and when its good, which they hope by April 9, then it will be released.
26th March 2010, 12:20 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
If you read more than just "Hero" and "Update" on the picture you linked...

It says

"Unable to download picture notifications.

HTC HERO

Fix will be part of the maintenance release scheduled for 04/19/10. Tickets are not needed for these picture mail issues."

Pay attention and stop posting random dumbness..

This is an internal service memo... The update will be released and announced.. Be patient
26th March 2010, 01:06 AM |#10  
Account currently disabled
Flag Detroit, MI

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by azyouthinkeyeiz

If you read more than just "Hero" and "Update" on the picture you linked...

It says

"Unable to download picture notifications.

HTC HERO

Fix will be part of the maintenance release scheduled for 04/19/10. Tickets are not needed for these picture mail issues."

Pay attention and stop posting random dumbness..

This is an internal service memo... The update will be released and announced.. Be patient

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of what this could be, and is no way random dumbness.

I firmly believe this is not 2.1, but the only way to find out is to wait until 4/9.

Thanks for the post, and heres to hoping this is INDEED 2.1!
26th March 2010, 01:29 AM |#11  

More
i dont know officially if it is 2.1, but internally all our updates are called "maintenance releases", no matter how big or small they may be. hell, the other day the tp2 went from 6.1 to 6.5 and we billed it as a maintenance release. but imho, this is 2.1.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)