Frequently Asked Questions
Please read this section first before you post your question!
1. How do I use XDA_UC to automate the setup configuration after flashing your ROM?
Please refer to this thread
for more information. Basically you can use XDA_UC to automatically install your preferred applications, restore files such as configuration, modified file, image or audio files, etc. Create a new folder "XDA_UC" in your storage card's root directory, and follow the instruction to put your CAB, files and registry in the appropiate folder.
2. Can you be so kind and let me know how to change the Operator Logo Download? i.e. Where to place the clear logo?
The logo file name is 256x64.png, stored in \Windows directory. As the name suggest, the image size of the logo should be 256 px by 64 px, with a transparent background. I've created a couple of logos for your usage, if your telco is not "Starhub" or you prefer to have no logo displayed on your home screen. Go to the download section, and download the logo zip file.
3. I just flashed to the latest ROM from Zenkinz .... but that is because I face the unvoluntary hard reset again.
The cited problem is not unique to my ROM. It affects most custom ROM, specifically when you flash a custom ROM after another. The cause, is believed to be related to the fact that the device storage is not formatted when a custom ROM is being updated to the device. The file residue inadvertently causes instability and therefore the recommended corrective step is to format your phone storage using the mtty process
(not to be mistaken by hard reset, which is merely clearing your phone storage to the default ROM image)
4. Can someone please tell me how to install this ROM? I downloaded it and extracted and only see a NBH file
The downloadable package only contains NBH file, which is the image of the ROM that's to be flashed into your device. You need a ROM update utility (RUU) to flash the downloaded image. i1magic has summarised the steps to flash the rom very well, and you can reference from here
5. Can you please tell me how to add and replace a few icons for my extra programs. Where to copy your new .png on my unit?
First of all, download the extra icons from my iconpack (see the download section). You can copy all the icons, or just the selected icons to a folder in your device, such as \Application Data\Icons. Then use an icon changer such as CSMI or JWMD Icon Changer to replace the icon for your extra programs. I personally prefer CSMI for incremental change (i.e. just change the additional programs), and JWMD Icon Changer for mass change (i.e. change all the icons)
6. How do I add new ebooks to show on the eReader tab?
Use this application
to automatically add your ebooks to the eReader tab
7. I flash your latest ROM, after 1st soft reset, I noticed that my storage card content disappear. Is my storage card damaged? How do I solve this problem?
The bug is introduced as the result of using the beta version of extendir. The good news is your storage card is not damaged. There's more information about the bug itself, and the steps that you need to carry out, in order to get rid of the bug permanently (until your next hard reset). Please go to this post
for more information.
8. My Garmin appears to be running sluggish on this device
This due to extendir v2 b1.07. The workaround is to create a shortcut in your start menu such that it points to QuePPC.exe in \Storage Card\Garmin\App folder. Somehow, running the app from storage card is much faster than running it from the device (which Garmin installation process will copy QuePPC.exe to \Garmin\Que.exe). To create the shortcut, open your file explorer, navigate to folder \Storage Card\Garmin\App, tap and hold on QuePPC.exe, and select "Copy". Then navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Navigation, and tap and hold within the folder, and select "Paste Shortcut".
edit: this has been fixed in v1.65 and above.
9. When my HD2 first booted up, I don't see the setup wizard that come with HTC official ROM and previous Merlion series ROM.
I've removed OOBE (out of box experience) package in v1.70, which removes the setup wizard. Please refer to this thread
on why I do so, and what additional steps you may have to take now that the setup wizard doesn't run on first boot.
10. "My Location" weather doesn't seem to work. Why?
If you have this problem only in v1.70 and above, please refer to FAQ #9.