FORUMS

[ROM] Stock 2.1 Hero Update zip from RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.20.651.1_signed_test.exe

2,392 posts
Thanks Meter: 309

By zenulator, Retired Recognized Developer on 10th April 2010, 07:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since some people were interested I've made a stock update zip from the RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_2.20.651.1_signed_test.exe so you can flash via recovery.

This is just for those who want a completely stock rom to work off of or those that can't or don't want to run the RUU. If you want something already tweaked then use DamageControl. I'm not trying to start a custom rom I just did this for a couple people that wanted it.

It does not include the new hboot or radio.img included in the RUU and the system is stock except for adding busybox, patched su and sh.

To use su you need to install Superuser.apk.

Busybox is not installed by default you can do that through a terminal app or adb executing su and running "busybox --install /system/xbin".

You must be rooted and flash via Amon_ra recovery. Recommend nandroid backup and wipe/factory reset before flashing.

Here is a link to my post on how to make an update zip from the RUU.

Download link for the update/rom:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6022412/zen-hero_0.1b.zip
The link might be down since dropbox just suspended my public links due to excessive traffic.

Alternate download:
http://www.4shared.com/file/YqMmKAzL/zen-hero_01b.html

This is a link to my google code site where i put up some of the binaries/scripts that I use for rom making. These are linux binaries. If you download them put them in your path so you can execute them from anywhere. Also make sure you chmod them to executable. If you don't know how the google can tell you.

http://code.google.com/p/zen-droid/downloads/list

Due to recent events I just want to say that the devs here put a lot of work into getting you guys these leaked roms. They risk their credibility and their sources risk their jobs. So have some respect and remember it's just a phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to zenulator For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zenulator Ad-Free
10th April 2010, 07:25 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Thank you,I'm sure a lot of people were wanting this.
10th April 2010, 07:30 AM |#3  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 72

More
What is the point of making a zip when you can just use the RUU?

My RUU just got done booting!
10th April 2010, 07:35 AM |#4  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman G

What is the point of making a zip when you can just use the RUU?

My RUU just got done booting!

For people not running windows and for people that don't want to risk flashing hboot or the radio.img.
10th April 2010, 07:38 AM |#5  
Flag Oregon
Thanks Meter: 72

More
See I did not know it came with the radio image!
Just booted up fine and got the new radio image and a knew PRI# and was able to update my PRL as well!
10th April 2010, 07:40 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Zenulator: heh I'm working on a rom I titled Zendroid... wonder if people will confuse it as being something related to you.
10th April 2010, 07:43 AM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 3,809

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obelisk79

Zenulator: heh I'm working on a rom I titled Zendroid... wonder if people will confuse it as being something related to you.

crazy, his link says zendroid in it too
http://code.google.com/p/zen-droid/downloads/list
10th April 2010, 08:38 AM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obelisk79

Yea I thought that was kind of funny. Nice name for a rom though
10th April 2010, 09:00 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
yeah well, I thought it had a nicer ring to it than fengshuidroid.... was going for a rom which was also centered around a nice clean theme to the sense ui. I'm still making headway on the project.
10th April 2010, 11:33 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Re: [ROM] Stock 2.1 Hero Update.zip
Maybe this is a stupid question but, The phone needs to be rooted to install this rom?

Sent from my HERO200 using xda app
10th April 2010, 03:31 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclawpr

Maybe this is a stupid question but, The phone needs to be rooted to install this rom?

Sent from my HERO200 using xda app

yes you need root and a recovery image
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)