Thanks Meter: 18

By muntos, Senior Member on 13th April 2010, 10:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2011, 06:02 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3maniac

i had a similar problem with a mp4 file that was corrupt, and not being able to find version 1.5 of grau anymore. i came up with this solution.

[Scenario]
video.mp4 (200mb)
grau version 1.6 + (only does 50% of video for free version)

[Directions]
make 2 of the same video files and name them 1.mp4 and 2.mp4 this means you will copy video.mp4 in the same fold twice so you have two of them!

in DOS (Run: cmd.exe)

locate to the folder where you have the two video files
type in the command to merge the files together

copy /b 1.mp4+2.mp4

you will now see that 1.mp4 will be 400mb and not 200mb

now use grau video repair tool and it will do 50% of the file you merge. meaning you will get 100% video freee!!

Nice trick with some old dos commands.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weexy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weexy Ad-Free
2nd November 2011, 02:18 PM |#62  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 419

Donate to Me
More
thanks! never hurts to bring old school back. just makes it more complicated if you need to download a program to merge files meanwhile you already have the power
2nd November 2011, 05:42 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quangy, can you send me the link to v1.5

Thanks
6th November 2011, 10:04 PM |#64  

More
I sent a message to Quangy, but if anyone else could send me version 1.5, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
8th November 2011, 09:11 AM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Hi Quangy, hope can PM me the link as well. Or anyone else you have it.
Greatly appriciated
9th November 2011, 06:08 AM |#66  

More
Dare,

thank you
9th November 2011, 09:35 PM |#67  

More
Preparing multiple corrupted files for v1.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by weexy

Nice trick with some old dos commands.

Just lost my looooong post in this subject so in short words now: the "copy idea" works great for me! And to make it easier for those, who have many files to repair:
1) use e.g. IrfanView to convert file names (I used 1.3.5.mov for "originals" and 2,4,6.mov for "copies")
2) use Excel to receive "copy/b 1.mov+3.mov" text: each part of text in separate column and Excel function "merge text" (or similar - have no idea how it is called in English) - when you copy those lines down, the numbers should change
3) create bat file (in Notepad) using merged text from Excel
4) run the bat file - this is the only point i have not tried yet but it should work!
In this way you should easy receive "increased" corrupted files ready to be repaired with Utility v1.6 - maybe it is worth to use (especially if you will not find v1.5)
11th November 2011, 03:21 AM |#68  

More
Just sent quangy a PM but if anyone else has the link I would GREATLY appreciate it!!! You'd be a real lifesaver!!!

THANK YOU!
11th November 2011, 09:37 AM |#69  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillonbr

Just sent quangy a PM but if anyone else has the link I would GREATLY appreciate it!!! You'd be a real lifesaver!!!

THANK YOU!

hey ,
the same , if anyone can send me the link?
14th November 2011, 09:21 PM |#70  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Video repair Freeware Version
The freeware version can be found here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D2LIVMTP

PASSWORD IS: videorepair

I can't advise on use of the program, may be worth posting on this thread if you encounter any problems or even successes and what settings used.

The freeware version has been updated but alas no longer free, latest paid version is available from link below as a 'try before you buy' trial and will repair 50% of the damaged file.

If the freeware version doesn't work for you then it may be worth seeing if an updated paid version is available.

http://www.grauonline.de/cmsimple2_6...Repair_Utility

Finally good luck with your repairs...

Quangy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quangy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift quangy Ad-Free
16th November 2011, 03:03 PM |#71  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Guys, noone had tried to to find the cause behind the video corruption in hd2? Well, my photographer friend told me that to capture lengthy videos you ll need class 4 sd card. He added,Video becomes green or corrupt due to slow transfer of video data on sd card. So I tried class 4 sd card and shot 1 gb of mp4 video and guess what, I was able to play it!
But I am not sure of this coz somebody may have used class 4 while recording. But use of better sd card worked for me!

Sent from my Sensation XL using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)