FORUMS

Xperia X2: How to change language (re-flash an Stock Spanish ROM)

76 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Jolo_, Member on 17th April 2010, 10:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi!

This is interesting information for owners of the Xperia X2 that want to change the device language to Spanish, and for others who want to study a new ways to change it to other languages.

The people in a Spanish forum have managed to unbrand a Spanish Vodafone based X2 using a trick to foil SEUS: the way is aborting the phone custiomization process, and then, installing manually a lot of CABs. This method also is useful to change the language from Stock English to Stock Spanish MR1.

I've already tried on my English based X2 already Updated to MR1, and it worked. Now I have a Generic Spanish X2 with MR1 installed.

The curious thing is that, this Spanish Stock ROM is far more stable that the same R1BA024 in English. I've used the phone with the original MR1 English for a couple of days an it was a real mess. But, this Spanish ROM is a little faster and it hasn't give me so many problems. The phone is really more stable (not perfect, but nearly close).

This is the link (all credits goes to dreamcrawler):
http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.p...d=1#post962961

The instructions are of course in Spanish.

Cheers.

Jolo.
18th April 2010, 01:00 PM |#2  
Flag Hangzhou
Thanks Meter: 2

More
You need Flash Hard-SPL first. Then Flash ROM with another language.
But there is not any Hard-SPL for X2 yet.
18th April 2010, 04:24 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzyec

You need Flash Hard-SPL first. Then Flash ROM with another language.
But there is not any Hard-SPL for X2 yet.

I think that you don't even bother on read my message.

I already changed the language on my X2.
18th April 2010, 04:48 PM |#4  
Flag Östersund
Thanks Meter: 18

More
English translation of all that would be nice.
18th April 2010, 07:39 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Since its me who made it i guess ill take the task of translating it

TUTORIAL: DEBRANDING AND UPDATING YOUR XPERIA X2

1º Open SEUS, start a new update. EVEN IF IT SAYS YOU HAVE LATEST VERS, UPDATE IT ANYWAY.

2º ONCE IT REBOOTS, CALIBRATION SCREEN APPEARS. RIGHT AFTER CLICKING ON THE CROSSES, IT WILL APPEAR THE SONY ERICSSON LOGO, AND IT WILL START APPLYING THE CABS. PUSH THE RESET RIGHT after it starts applying (hidden behind the stilus, opening the battery cover).

3º After rebooting, the Sony Logo will appear again asking to retry. Press NO.

4º Now you will need a pack with all the cabs from the language firmware you want to change & update your X2. No matter if they are from the old firmware or the last one.The important part is they must come from the firmware with the language you want to turn your cellphone into. you can find how to extract said cabs here:

(damn forum, it wont let me post a link, in this same forum theres a post explaining how to extract roms, seek for it)

5º Once you have the cabs on your SD Card, you have to install them all, one by one. Once you are done, restart the cellphone.

6º Start SEUS again, run another update, force it if it says you have last version and you will get your X2 updated on your desired language.

I also made a tutorial to make your x2 stable, run it with SPB shell 3.5.3, and many other fixes. tell me if interested so i can translate.
19th April 2010, 06:49 PM |#6  

More
hello
I can't find any way to extract the cabs from the x2 firmwares(extractcabs.exe doesn't work).Can you please help by providing a tool for that or the cabs(english version firmware).
Thank you for the support!
19th April 2010, 08:04 PM |#7  
Inactive Recognized Developer
St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 2,048

More
biglaur, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...41&postcount=2
requires .NET Framework 3.5
19th April 2010, 10:02 PM |#8  

More
I have a .sdr version of the firmware but it doesn't work with the program above either.Help to the pro's,many thanks if someone posts the cabs from any english firmware.Please...!Thank you!
21st April 2010, 05:27 PM |#9  

More
got it...
It works,my x2 has english language from sweedish.To find the english language cabs type in the "search" tab this:"Cabs from MR1 are posted here" and you'll find them.
Many thanks to you guys that posted the method,you deserve all our respect.
21st April 2010, 05:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcrawler

I also made a tutorial to make your x2 stable, run it with SPB shell 3.5.3, and many other fixes. tell me if interested so i can translate.

Please do it!
22nd April 2010, 10:08 AM |#11  
Flag S-Petersburg,Russia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcrawler

Since its me who made it i guess ill take the task of translating it

TUTORIAL: DEBRANDING AND UPDATING YOUR XPERIA X2

1º Open SEUS, start a new update. EVEN IF IT SAYS YOU HAVE LATEST VERS, UPDATE IT ANYWAY.

Sorry, how to force SEUS update it anyway? It said "you have the latest software"....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)