FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC Desire Reboot Loop Problem

130 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By sudman, Senior Member on 21st April 2010, 09:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have an interesting problem, kind of. Bought my phone second hand as supposedly unlocked & debranded but on boot up it after the HTC logo I get the Virgin Media logo, not really an issue though. Anyway the problem is when I switch the phone off and then switch on again it boots up fine to the home screen and then it will reboot itself and carries on doing this. i.e. boot up to home screen then reboot again continuously.

To get out of this reboot loop I have to remove the sim & boot the phone with no sim in it then switch off and insert my normal Vodafone phone sim and switch on again. after that the phone is fine until I power down and then the same thing happens.

Anybody else experienced this or got any ideas?? It came with 1.15.405.4 firmware already installed and I have tried reflashing with the same firmware using the goldcard method & it worked but the problem remains. When the sim registers on the network is when the reboot loop seems to start. :)

21st April 2010, 10:35 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
did you try reflashing it ?
hold down the side button (down) and press on at the same time.

then select erase data and press on again

if you bought it second hand, its hard to say what the previous user has done with it ...
21st April 2010, 11:34 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Yep tried reflashing it, just about to reflash again with an older rom. It's just wierd that a sim card authenticating to the network would cause a reboot loop.
21st April 2010, 12:00 PM |#4  
Copenhagen

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieT

did you try reflashing it ?
hold down the side button (down) and press on at the same time.

then select erase data and press on again

if you bought it second hand, its hard to say what the previous user has done with it ...

Maybe it's a dumb question - But I'm having some issues that doesn't seem to get solved by a factory reset - Would it be an idea to reflash it for this, so the phone gets a fresh rom?

How would I do it specifically? Do you know of a guide somewhere?
21st April 2010, 12:04 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudman

Yep tried reflashing it, just about to reflash again with an older rom. It's just wierd that a sim card authenticating to the network would cause a reboot loop.

have you tried a different sim card ?
21st April 2010, 12:42 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Ye tried a different sim card, boots fine and all is good till you reboot the phone and then the same happens again. Anyways flashing was a disaster this time round as I was doing it on my work pc and Symantec kicked in thinking it found a virus with adb.exe and halted the process & quarrantined the file. Now everytime I try and reflash on a different PC I get the dreaded error(110):file open error. Disconnect the phone & all I get is a black screen & HTC logo. Nice. Thanks Symantec you've just bricked my Desire!!
23rd April 2010, 10:01 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
*UPDATE* - Fixed.
Removed the battery, left it for a few hours then reflashed on a different pc and it flashed fine. Then thought I'd try & repeat so reflashed with the older rom from here (originally used the newer rom posted on Modaco) and got the error again and again couldn't flash back to the newer. Removed the battery left for an hour and then could reflash again and get it working!! Wierd
23rd July 2010, 02:10 PM |#8  

More
I had the same problem.

My Solution: remove battery, remove the SIM, put battery reboot, turnoff, remove battery, put SIM, put battery, boot
31st July 2010, 12:43 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
first i want to excuse my bad english,hope you will undestand what i´m trying to say.

i have the same problem since a few days.

first time i notice it,was when the desire was charching and i used it a bit,it restarts again and again.so i put out the battery and wait a few minutes,than it works.

it´s also,when i use it a long time with wifi or 3G....the the phone turns off and i have the boot loop.

but when i take out my sim,it works fine.

my question is,do i need a new sim or is it a hardware problem?

does anybody know?

greetz from germany!
10th August 2010, 07:55 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

Donate to Me
More
sorry, wrong thread
19th August 2010, 05:15 PM |#11  
Flag manila

More
same here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequila98

first i want to excuse my bad english,hope you will undestand what i´m trying to say.

i have the same problem since a few days.

first time i notice it,was when the desire was charching and i used it a bit,it restarts again and again.so i put out the battery and wait a few minutes,than it works.

it´s also,when i use it a long time with wifi or 3G....the the phone turns off and i have the boot loop.

but when i take out my sim,it works fine.

my question is,do i need a new sim or is it a hardware problem?

does anybody know?

greetz from germany!

i have the exact same problem!! any solution? after that the phone will boot loop over and over! damn!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)