FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Swype Keyboard for Incredible

297 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Honestly77, Senior Member on 21st April 2010, 08:18 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Heres the Swype keyboard that should be compatible with the Incredible. Haven't tested it but seems as some people got theirs early...here is it.

MOD EDIT FOR WAREZ

EDIT:I fixed how it was downloading as a .dat file. It now downloads as an .apk. Enjoy.

26th April 2010, 12:39 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Thanks
Thanks for this!
27th April 2010, 11:58 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Another thanks.
28th April 2010, 08:50 PM |#4  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Extension?
I downloaded the file and there is no extension. Is this a .zip, .rar, .apk ?

I have my Incredible and the file I got from Android Central does not work. Says my resolution is invalid. Hoping this one will fare better.
28th April 2010, 09:10 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
It's an apk. Just install it like you would an apk. Put it on your SD card, then use linda file manager to navigate then just click it and select package installed. Then go to local and text or whatever in your main phone settings. Select swype. then in the text field long click and select input method then swype.
28th April 2010, 10:15 PM |#6  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly77

It's an apk. Just install it like you would an apk. Put it on your SD card, then use linda file manager to navigate then just click it and select package installed. Then go to local and text or whatever in your main phone settings. Select swype. then in the text field long click and select input method then swype.

Done and Done... I use Astro though. It works just great. Thank you!
29th April 2010, 03:08 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Is there a way to make the swype keyboard for portait and keep the sense keyboard for landscape?
29th April 2010, 03:22 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
I don't think so...
29th April 2010, 08:20 PM |#9  
Flag STL
Thanks Meter: 1

More
[QUOTE=Honestly77;6256734]Heres the Swype keyboard that should be compatible with the Incredible. Haven't tested it but seems as some people got theirs early...here is it.

MOD EDIT FOR WAREZ

I hadn't used it in a while, but boy is it good..
29th April 2010, 09:24 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
When I try to download I get a .dat file instead of .apk. Any advice for directions?
29th April 2010, 10:37 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It downloaded as a .dat, so I just renamed the extension as an .apk and it worked fine with Astro.

My only problem is that it won't let me use it! I checked the Swype box, and it worked in the tutorial, but if I go anywhere else (Search, Messaging, etc.) it's just the stock Sense VK.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread