FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUT]How to set the Ervius Visual Kitchen for Newbies HTC devices

4,725 posts
Thanks Meter: 88

By + Que PPC, Inactive Recognized Developer on 24th April 2010, 05:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok ppl as Badwolve1 (sorry bud, it was my bad '-_-) did for OSkitchen i will do it for EVK (remember that EVK is not fully updated for build ROMS for newer devices)

If you want to set the kitchen to build ROMS for newer device you must to search what you need to update the build info.

We need this things:

Go to your C:\ and select tools in the menu bar select folder options and enable to see the extensions of files.. see hiden files and see system files

Download this and install them:

Net Frameworks 3.5

MS visual 2008

Ervius visual kitchen 1.8.1

Upgrade EVK 1.8.2 (Just replace the exe)

once you get the folders of the kitchen and installed the net 3.5 and Visual redist 2008

you need to modify a lil your kitchen_build_rom.bat file that must be in the TOOLS folder.

but i will tell you how later.

!!Starting on!!

Your new Kitchen looks like this now!!!

Once you downloaded the EVK you must to put the My Tools, Tools, and the EXE into a folder with a short name ( I use XDA) and please dont use spaces in the names of the root folder

This is the kitchen root preview: as we can saw in c:\XDA
Yes unrar it on C: and call it XDA to avoid the large name issues at CMD!

Inspecting the Facility

We must to create an estructure like this (i will just point you the folders by now, we will fill them later)

C:
-XDA
--TOOLS
--My Tools

--ROM
---<Yourdevicename>
----<Buildnumber>
---Shared
----<Buildnumber>

--OEM
---<Yourdevicename>
----COMMON
----<LangCode>

--EXT
---<Yourdevicename>
----<Buildnumber>
----COMMON
---Shared

--SYS
---<Buildnumber>
----DPI_XXX
-----COMMON
-----<Langcode>
----DPI_XXX_RESH_XXX_RESV_XXX
-----COMMON
-----<Langcode>
----Shared
-----COMMON
-----<Langcode>

Other folders like temp, release XXXXX, build log, are autocreated by the kitchen

Open your kitchen_build_rom.bat it must be on the TOOLS folder(right mouse click select "edit") and open it in wordpad to modify it... you will see this line (black line)

Code:
set ROMHDR=ROM\%device%\romhdr.bin

set XIP_PATTERNS=ROM\%DEVICE%\%xipbuild%\*;ROM\SHARED\%xipbuild%\*

set OEM_PATTERNS=OEM\%device%\COMMON\*;OEM\%device%\%locale%\*

set SYS_PATTERNS=SYS\%sysbuild%\SHARED\COMMON\*;SYS\%sysbuild%\SHARED\%LOCALE%\*;SYS\%sysbuild%\%dpi%\COMMON\*;SYS\%sysbuild%\%dpi%\%LOCALE%\*;SYS\%sysbuild%\%res%\COMMON\*;SYS\%sysbuild%\%res%\%LOCALE%\*

set EXT_PATTERNS=EXT\%DEVICE%\%EXTBUILD%\*\*;EXT\%DEVICE%\COMMON\*\*;EXT\SHARED\*\*

set DSM_TEMPLATE=%dsm%
set DSM_INCLUDES=*

TOOLS\platformrebuilder.exe
if not "%errorlevel%"=="0" goto error

REM===========================================================================================
Modify the line write "REM" (without quotes) before the line and a space it must be like this

Code:
set ROMHDR=ROM\%device%\romhdr.bin

set XIP_PATTERNS=ROM\%DEVICE%\%xipbuild%\*;ROM\SHARED\%xipbuild%\*

set OEM_PATTERNS=OEM\%device%\COMMON\*;OEM\%device%\%locale%\*

set SYS_PATTERNS=SYS\%sysbuild%\SHARED\COMMON\*;SYS\%sysbuild%\SHARED\%LOCALE%\*;SYS\%sysbuild%\%dpi%\COMMON\*;SYS\%sysbuild%\%dpi%\%LOCALE%\*;SYS\%sysbuild%\%res%\COMMON\*;SYS\%sysbuild%\%res%\%LOCALE%\*

set EXT_PATTERNS=EXT\%DEVICE%\%EXTBUILD%\*\*;EXT\%DEVICE%\COMMON\*\*;EXT\SHARED\*\*

set DSM_TEMPLATE=%dsm%
set DSM_INCLUDES=*

TOOLS\platformrebuilder.exe
REM if not "%errorlevel%"=="0" goto error

REM===========================================================================================
Change this line with the name of your device, (by default it says kaiser) as you can see i set -hermes

Code:
set MERGILO= ..\TOOLS\IMGFS\NBMerge -hermes OS-new.nb
set LOCALE=0409
set BUILD=Premium
set DPI=DPI_96
set RES=DPI_96_RESH_240_RESV_320
set DEVICE=HERMES
set OLDKERNEL=
Save the changes.

FOLDERS EXPLANATION!!!!!

EXT Folder
The External packages (EXT) folder is divided into Device Specific folders and a Shared folder.

*Device Specific folders are typically used for files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific type of the device.

-Each Device Specific folder is further divided into Operating System Build Version Specific folders and a Common folder.

ººOperating System Build Version Specific folders are typically used for files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific build (version) of Operating System
ººThe Common folder is typically used for files (packages) that can be installed on any Operating System build version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
OEM Folder
The OEM folder can contain multiple Device Specific folders.

*Device Specific folders are typically used for files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific type of the device.

-Each Device Specific folder is further divided into Locale Specific folders and a Common folder.

ººThe Common folder is typically used for files (packages) that can be installed in any locale – not specific to a language.
ººLocale Specific folders are typically used for files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific locale.

ROM Folder
The ROM folder is divided into Device Specific folders and a Shared folder.

*The Shared folder is typically used for kernel system files that are compatible amongst devices. (MSXIPKERNEL folder)
*Device Specific folders are typically used for kernel system files that should only be applied to a specific type of the device. (OEMXIPKERNEL folder)

-The Shared folder is further divided into Operating System Build Version Specific folders.
ººOperating System Build Version Specific folders are typically used for kernel system files that should only be applied to a specific build (version) of Operating System.

-Each Device Specific folder is further divided into Operating System Build Version Specific folders.
ººOperating System Build Version Specific folders are typically used for kernel system files that should only be applied to a specific build (version) of Operating System.

SYS Folder
The system (SYS) folder is divided into Operating System Build Version Specific folders.

*The Build Version Specific folders will often contain files (packages) specific to the device DPI (Dot Per Inch) and Horizontal/Vertical display size.

-Each Operating System Build Version Specific folder is further divided into a ROM DPI, ROM Resolution, and Shared folder – providing a significant amount of flexibility during ROM compilation.

ººThe ROM DPI, ROM Resolution, and Shared folders are further divided into Locale Specific folders and a Common folder.

···The Common folder is typically used for system files (packages) that can be installed in any locale – not specific to a language.
···Locale Specific folders are typically used for system files (packages) that should only be applied to a specific locale – for example, 0409 (English).

24th April 2010, 07:05 AM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Guadalajara

Donate to Me
More
DUMPING THE ORIGINAL ROM

We need to get any stock rom we have floating around (check the thread called shipped roms collection stickied

change the extension from exe to rar and we just need the RUU_Signed.nbh file put it somewhere in your PC

If you have a diferent language ROM than english i will suggest you to start with english lang code 0409 cause almost all the pkgs are easy to get in 0409... maybe i will make anothe rtutorial to translate that pkgs to your native lang

Here is a list of Language codes (thanks Da_G)

Quote:

0401 SAU Arabic المملكة العربية السعودية
0403 ESP Catalan España
0404 CHT Chinese Traditional 台灣
0405 CSY Czech Česká republika
0406 DAN Danish Danmark
0407 DEU German Deutschland
0408 ELL Greek Ellas
0409 USA English United States
040B FIN Finnish Suomen tasavalta
040C FRA French République française
040D HEB Hebrew מְדִינַת יִשְׂרָאֵל
0410 ITA Italian Repubblica Italiana
0411 JPN Japanese 日本
0412 KOR Korean 한국
0413 NLD Dutch Nederland
0414 NOR Norwegian Bokmål
0415 PLK Polish Polska
0416 PTB Portuguese Brasil
0419 RUS Russian Россия
041D SVD Swedish Sverige
0804 CHS Chinese Simplified 中华人民共和国
0816 PTG Portugese Portugal
0c0a ESN Spanish España

1.- Download the newest stock rom of your Device and save it in your destop... sometimes the file is an .EXE file so you must to rename it as .rar

2.- Open the rar file, and xtract the file called RUU_Signed.nbh the others we dont need them anymore,

*3.- Put your nbh file in a folder into your kitchen root direction.. a folder called STOCK

*4.- Sometimes the RUU signed nbh is inside another exe calle RUU inside.exe do the same operation xtract it and chege the name to rar... you will find the nbh now.

Xplain IMAGES

5.- Execute your Erviuskitchen.exe.... (its no problem if the kitchen tells you that there arent some folders... of course are missing say OK to all)

6.- We must to hit the DUMP button, Search in our STOCK folder for our nbh file

7.- the kitchen will dump the rom
** the kitchen will ask you to type the name of your device

Its a huge task so let it run.... it must say dump succesfully now you will have a new folder called DUMP inside you will find more folders like a fresh new kitchen, cut the OEM and ROM folder and paste them to our main kitchen.

The OEM folder must contains a folder with the name of our device and inside it will have three folders... .VM, COMMON and 0409.

The ROM folder will contains a folder with a build number and inside a folder called OEMXIPKERNEL (this is the device's kernel (The kernel version will be accordly to the dumped rom, if you dump a WM6 rom you will have native 6.0 kernel)
the rom folder will contains three files: romhdr.bin, xip.bin and the payload... you can delete the info.txt file

Then go to the folder SYS\<buildnumber>\SHARED\COMMON\ and cut the folder wincenls_WWE and paste it to OEM\<Device>\COMMON\ this file never change and is needed to boot, so if we add it into the oem we never forget it

Now you can move the STOCK folder out of the kitchen, and our kitchen looks like this

Now you need to go the 6.5 Initflashfiles.dat repository thread and download the PKG that contains all the langs... and choose the WWE iniflashfiles.dat check the main sticky thread to locate the repository thread.

The initflashfiles.dat is the file that will set the specific 6.5 file structure, so in WM6.5 it change a lot since 6.1 and 6, so we must to overwrite the one in our folder OEM\<device>\0409\OEM_lang_0409\

24th April 2010, 07:10 AM |#3  
Flag Guadalajara

Donate to Me
More
Continue...
!!!!!Setting up the ROM and SYS!!!!!

First of all:
As we most know there are NATIVE 6.5 NKs but the repository thread is updating , get them here

This is just the OEMXIPKERNEL and the bin files, this is the Device Kernel Part

As you can see in the image you must to put in the ((ROM\Devicename\Buildnumber\))
the folder OEMxipkernel that is included into the native kernel downloaded file

The "XIP.bin" "romhdr.bin" and the "payload" in ((ROM\Devicename\))

(so we have now to get the MSXIPKERNEL)
The MSXIPKERNEL is the build OS specific kernel part, so...

The kitchen will takes the OEMXIPKERNEL (the native 6.5 NK) and the MSXIPKERNEL for the build to be compiled, and we could have the kernel complete. the kitchen will port the xip.bin for us.

The MSXIPKERNELLTK folder (Logo Tool Kit) Is not needed, it has just a .DSM that allows the carrier to make important fixes and upgrades to their ROMs (But they didnt use it) so we dont need it anymore.

where to get the MSXIPkernel??? go to the Latest SYSs & OEMs thread and download any build you wish to cook... there are many other threads that offers the new builds, please check the Main sticky thread of chef central HERE.

If you download a new build Rollup pkg (200 MB), you will have all the SYS pkgs and the MSXIPKERNEL inside... in one folder!
If you download a stripped build pkg (from 50MB to 70MB), you will have (maybe) all the SYS pkgs already arranged in EVK format!

I invite you to read the Da_G guide to know all the pkgs inside a rollup rar file this way you can get more info about all the pkgs.

There are many tools to set the rollup pkgs into EVK format... I like to use THIS

Here I have a video to xplain how to use it (spanish only sorry i need a translator )
lets see graphically how the SYS rollup is and how this tool make the job for us

1.- I create a folder called New Build
2.- Donwloaded the packer.jar
3.- Downloaded the rollup pkg new build 23563
4.- Unrar the rollup pkg into a folder called SYS

Then RUN the packer.jar follow the instructions as the developer of Packer.jar says in his thread
and we will have all the sys in a folder called Build (rename this folder to 23563, cause is the name of the new build number we downloaded) and now is sorted into EVK format like this...

**Note: in the packer i set lang 0409, dpi 96, resh 240, resv 320, cause my device is QVGA and i want to cook in 0409 lang.

Now we must to open the shared\common folder in our new sys 23563 folder...

We must to locate some pkgs that we will not use whats the reason to delete this pkgs? the reason if you have red the Da_G sys rollups info, is beacuse we are cooking for 0409, most of this pkgs like EA and complexscripts and sipar , msim and others are for MiddleAsia ROMS.

1.- We are cooking for 0409 se just need the pkgs with the name NonEA, so we can delete the pkgs called EA and AH.
2.- If we have Native kernel 6.5 we will use Modules instead of files so we can erase the pkgs called Baseappsfiles, Osfiles and MediaOsFiles, so we kept osmodules, baseappsmodules and mediaosmodules.
3.- delete complexscript_fonts, gb18030, msxipkernelLTK, nonephone, riched20_CS, RIL710MUX, SIPAR, MSIMAR, Uniscribe, webviewCS, wincenls_WWE (cause we already have it in OEM folder) and the xip.bin cause we dont need it.

Well, its time to create in the root kitchen folder, a new folder called SYS, and move the entire 23563 folder into the SYS folder.

as you may see in the picture, there is the MSXIPKERNEL folder...

1.- Go to your ROM\SHARED folder and create a folder called 23563, cut that MSXIPKERNEL inside SYS\shared\common and paste it to the new ROM\SHARED\23563 folder, and we will have now the OS specific part of our ROM.

2.- If you downloaded the native 6.5 kernel you must to rename the folder XXXXX (build number) to "23563" into "ROM\<device>\" so now the Device Kernel match to the OS kernel and SYS build number... that three elements are now set as 23563

And the kitchen root looks like this now:

At this point we have:

6.5.X 23563 SYS
6.5.X 23563 OS Kernel
6.5 Native Device kernel
Old OEM drivers and Main apps (you can switch to newer drivers searching for them i actually have some OLD WM6 and some NEW WP6.5 HD2 Drivers)

But what about the EXT PKGS????

You can add more today plugins, other third party apps, and/or tweaks by making EXT PKGS you can read a lot of info about this new PKGS or you can add them into the OEM\Common folder if you have OEM PKGS.

How?

Well the structure is almost the same as all in the kitchen

C:\
-XDA
--EXT
----<Buildnumber>
------COM5 Tricks
--------Beta Expiry Watermark
------BUILD IMAGES
--------Welcomehead
----COMMON
------Multimedia
--------Camera 6.0
--------HTC leo album
------Tweaks
--------NewIcons
--------Performance
--------Registry fixes
------Addons
--------Coreplayer
--------Youtube player
--------Adobe reader
--------Cfacebook plugin

Etc etc etc....

And we are good to go!!!!

WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! we made it!!!!!!!!! its already set! so this is the kitchen UI, if everything was ok the kitchen launch without troubles if you saw an error check the folders it says (SVN folders don cause troubles at starting the build proces) SO just set the device, XIP, SYS EXT they must match, and select the apps to be installed or not by clickng double.

HAPPY COOKING GUYS!!!!

try it at your OWN risk IM not responsible for damages to your device

Any question about setting the kitchen please ask whatever!!! we will support you

I have here some Video tutorials in my native lang Spanish

Your noob chef +QuePPC
24th April 2010, 07:13 AM |#4  
Flag Guadalajara

Donate to Me
More
24th April 2010, 07:14 AM |#5  
Flag Guadalajara

Donate to Me
More
I need one more atm
25th April 2010, 07:49 AM |#6  
Flag Guadalajara

Donate to Me
More
I finish!!!! you can start here to ask jiji
25th April 2010, 10:39 AM |#7  
Flag kapadwanj
Thanks Meter: 18

More
suddnely my evk stops working..
even when i freshly insatll it it says nbhutility encounter a problem??
26th April 2010, 04:44 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Unable to find wincenls_WWE
After I dump the stock .nbh, I'm unable to find the wincenls_WWE folder under the SYS_<buildnumber>_SHARED_COMMON folder. In alpha order in SYS folder it gives folders:
voice command, welcome center, windows live, WWAN
wincenls_WWE folder is not there?
I am building for Diamond(Victor) CDMA.

(Ervius Kitchen did say,
"Copying \Tools folder into new kitchen...
Kitchen builded successfull!!!
=====================================
All Done... Nbh/nb/payload Dumped and ''Kitchen'' created Successfull!!!")

edit:
I did a new dump from the stock .nbh from a Vogue(CDMA sprint touch) and found the winCENLS_WWE folder there. Can I copy that one to the CDMA Diamond one?
26th April 2010, 06:45 AM |#9  
Flag Guadalajara

Donate to Me
More
yes you can use that wincenls_wwe put it into oem\device\common
28th April 2010, 08:00 AM |#10  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by + Que PPC

just remember, to have a booting rom, if the rom stucks at first splash screen... is XIP troubles... if the rom stucks at second or welcomehead spalsh screen is omething related to REGS

Keep in mind that you need FWupdate and wincenls_wwe in the rom! for fwupdate you can use the dummy pkg in OEM both, just to dont forget them

where should FWupdate and wincenls_wwe be found in the packages? I dont see them anywhere
28th April 2010, 08:22 AM |#11  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1,560

More
wincenls_wwe is from your device's source(Device Specific) and FWUpdate could be either the dummy pack or an original pack from a rom's dump.

Regards!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chef central, dump, ervius, evk, how to, kitchen, port, queppc, tutorial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)