FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][RETIRED] Kang-o-rama | Thanks for all your support! :)

5,539 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,543

By djmcnz, Retired Recognized Developer on 25th April 2010, 08:53 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
** RETIRED ROM **

Kang-o-rama - The Best Nexus Yet!
Kang-o-rama is a simple and functional Gingerbread ROM based on the latest stable version of CyanogenMod. It includes a number of unique functions and has a clean, professional appearance. This ROM is maintained with daily use in mind and does not change all that often, only when significant enhancements or bug fixes are available.
** OVER 120,000 DOWNLOADS **

Kang-o-rama Supporters
** Star Supporter **
dvgrhl
DropBox Supporters
Naz Tech | Meshal Alrashidi | Carlos Man | Joe Lee | Matthew Moser | John Bowdre | Chris Kaf | Rene Albers | Kitsunisan W | Shawn Stubbs | Mattisdada | Papa Docta | Mickey Mouse | gieja | Superlantern | Jon Richards | Igal Maly | Don Nellie | Nick Lam | Talal Thabit | Leonardo Dantas | Matt Isdada | Boris B | Dan Anton | Eduardo Barrenechea | Cheddie Wilson | Talha Güzel | Goal Goal | Daniel Bendorf | Praveen Babu | Baha Lee | Zenny 82 | Zak Jones | Daeshawn Venture | Abdullah Adhham | Vega201 Luciefer | Chris Sherman | John Gillis | Hamid Charkaoui| Daniel Quiceno
Thanks Guys!
Archive: djmcnz.batteryboss.org/Kang-o-rama/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djmcnz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djmcnz Ad-Free

25th April 2010, 08:54 PM |#2  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Auckland, NZ

More
Question Support Info & Change Log
Release Notes
  • The latest version of Kang-o-rama is 1.2 Final with Service Pack 2 (CyanogenMod 7.0.3)
  • You can Upgrade from Kang-o-rama 1.2 SP1 to SP2 using the link above
  • If you are still on Kang-o-rama 1.2 Final with *no* Service Pack you can get SP1 from here (17MB) then apply SP2 from the link above
  • There are two known problems with this ROM and *all* Gingerbread ROM's for the Nexus One - these relate to media and the microphone - more information
Help
Support
1. Did the installation of the bundle fail?
Please post your results including any error messages in this thread.
2. Did the installation and first boot work?
Did you wipe everything before you installed this bundle?
Did you search the threads listed in the first post?
Are you theme, morph and additional mod free?
3. If you answered yes to all three of these questions please post your problem in this thread with:
A description of your problem
A link to a copy of the relevant sections of your logs (use an app from the market and post your results to www.pastebin.com)
4. If your problem is with a specific app it may pay to check how it works on CM 6 stock before posting here.

Without a log we can't help you much (and now you have no excuse because you can capture logs with OSMonitor which is included)!
25th April 2010, 10:42 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Well, I'll give it a shot, why not. I actually in a way created a similar bundle via the long method with each step done in quite a few zips and morphs but for whatever reason it was a bit unstable and I got some reboots, I couldn't quite pinpoint the issues. I'll try this out and give you any feedback I see regarding stability at least. I don't post often so my feedback will probably be sporadic.
25th April 2010, 11:07 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 569

More
downloading
25th April 2010, 11:11 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 219

Donate to Me
More
Great ROM bundle! It's pretty much what I have right now heh
25th April 2010, 11:39 PM |#6  
Flag Beltsville
Thanks Meter: 476

Donate to Me
More
can you include Manup's NexTheme along with the Goodies5r2, but with desire camera?

i have pretty much the same thing, but can't get desire camera to work

if not, not biggie
25th April 2010, 11:50 PM |#7  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 1,319

More
The additional audio resources doesn't link to anything...
25th April 2010, 11:52 PM |#8  
Flag Auckland, NZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevy73

The additional audio resources doesn't link to anything...

Yeah, I couldn't find the source... they're the extra files that have been left out of CM roms. If anybody has a link I'll happily update the post.
25th April 2010, 11:56 PM |#9  
Flag Auckland, NZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negreenfield

Well, I'll give it a shot, why not. I actually in a way created a similar bundle via the long method with each step done in quite a few zips and morphs but for whatever reason it was a bit unstable and I got some reboots, I couldn't quite pinpoint the issues. I'll try this out and give you any feedback I see regarding stability at least. I don't post often so my feedback will probably be sporadic.

No worries, I'll be interested in your findings whenever they come through. 24 hours for me, 45 odd apps, no problems so far.
25th April 2010, 11:58 PM |#10  
Flag Auckland, NZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblazea50

can you include Manup's NexTheme along with the Goodies5r2, but with desire camera?

i have pretty much the same thing, but can't get desire camera to work

if not, not biggie

No, having had a look I'm afraid not. There are just too many changes from stock CM for it to be worth including with Kang-o-rama.

Nandroid backup and try installing NexTHEME over Kang-o-rama...
26th April 2010, 12:00 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 569

More
Up and running. Will take some time to figure out, been on enomthers rom. Havent used helix yet either, looking for the settings.... hehe I'll roll by after some learning.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread