The SlideVillain ROM is based on the latest test leak of the RUU for the MyTouch Slide. It's a very impressive, intelligent Sense UI which is based on the new Espresso Rosie. The main benefits of this ROM are its stunning looks, impressive speed and the ability to select themes. The ROM is based on Android 2.1 and is VERY Stable - easily stable enough for daily use.
First things first, a huge thanks to : homersp for the several fixes provided for the previous and the inevitable few that will follow, Pulser for his non-stop, round the clock dedication & his OTA work, Kendon for his outstanding work on the kitchen, Behnam for being a knowledgeable bugger that's always happy to help, LennyUK for his omni-presence, Manup456 for his theming of the OTA app, and every single donator, and user of VillainROM.co.uk. Oh, and to the nation of China for their constant (if not humorous support!)
SlideVillain 1.1.0 Changelog:
- Multi-language support now available
- Theme crash fixed
- Improved OpenGL performance
- De-pinked the icons
- Implemented OTA (Over the Air) Update apk + associated binaries
- Fixed some of the crashes when navigating
- Changed Browser icon
- APN Fix
- USB Fix
1. RUN A NANDROID BACKUP.
2. FULL WIPE REQUIRED - to fix the theme crash.
3. Flash the rom - THEN flash the BUBBLE hotfix if you want winmo style bubbles removed.
5. Theme Selector should not crash now (if it does, do a full wipe of DALVIK)
SlideVillain 1.0.1 BETA
SlideVillain 1.0.1 Changelog:
- Fixed Network Location
- Switched Flipclock for stock clock
- Protected apps now show in market
- ADDED SetupWizard
- Fixed weather displaying in clock widget
- Added Gallery 3D
INSTALL OVER THE TOP OF 1.0.0 WITHOUT A WIPE (New users can install as a new rom... with full wipe)
Forget SCREENSHOTS - Here's a video thanks to AnarchyUK from the XDA forum. WARNING - the music gave me a headache:
What's confirmed to be working?
- ALL Hardware sensors
- Data connection
- Voicemail notifications
- GPS apparently, but I haven't personally tested this
- Theme selection