I decided to share my very first Android application with the xda-devs community!
WiimoteController is an application which allows a Wii remote to connect to your Android phone. You can then use the Wii remote to control various apps.
IMPORTANT! This application does not work with most HTC Devices that have Sense UI. It doesn't matter if the Sense is turned on or not, the problem seems to be much deeper.
Please check the second post below if your device/OS flavour is listed. If it's not, test and please report if it works or not. Include your device/ROM name with the report. In case of failure please include what the app said and possibly a logcat of it too.
- turn bluetooth on
- run the app
- if this is your first run, hit Yes. Enable "WiiControllerIME". This is only needed once right after installation
- tap the first button and at the same time put your Wii remote in discovery mode by pressing "1" and "2" simultaneously
- wait for the "Connected" message to appear. The first LED will turn on on the Wii remote
- back in WiimoteController tap the second button and select WiiControllerIME
- done. The Wii remote is connected. Go play!
- if you want to connect more than one Wii remote, follow the same procedure, but put ALL the remotes to discovery mode
- to disconnect a single Wii remote, hold the power button on it
- to disconnect all Wii remotes, use the option from the menu or simply turn the phone's bluetooth off
- don't forget to set your favorite IME back or you won't be able to type (or check Preferences to find an option to do that automatically)
A note about yongzh's emulators (Gensoid/SNesoid/Nesoid/GameBoid):
Custom input methods don't work with yongzh's emulators by default. To enable support, go to settings and enable "Use input method". Afterwards, map keys as usual and then start gaming
See the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBkCgEgRk0s
Another video by frankzua77: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnVZgLPcq8U
Now on the market! Search for Wiimote Controller (try this link from the phone)
or use this:
Here's the apk for those of you without the android market and for those that for some reason don't see the app there. The latest version is 0.6. Older versions are no longer available because of licensing issues.