FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Dialer lag

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By kvasnevsky, Junior Member on 3rd May 2010, 09:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does anyone got noticeable delay in start of the call when tap contact from the call history list?
I suspect it started after latest (1.31.405.4) ROM installation and happens periodically - you just tap the contact and nothing happens (sometimes at all but sometimes it reacts after minute or so and suddenly starts to call).
There could be at least two causes:
1. No reaction on actual "tap" (hard to explain why it finally calls sometimes but I noticed that Call button could give different reactions comparing to clicks on actual contact)
2. Process that executes call is doing something in the background (freeing up memory? restarting? doing some sync?)
After it "breaks through" it works for some time seamlessly - you just touch the contact and it calls immediately but after some time (even after phone reboot) the glitch is back
NB. I uninstalled almost all apps (including beautiful Timeriffic) I've got from Android Market and prey it's not related to the Exchange Sync and apps around it... Let's see if I still have problem tomorrow.

3rd May 2010, 10:02 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
same problem i got. any solution pls tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvasnevsky

Does anyone got noticeable delay in start of the call when tap contact from the call history list?
I suspect it started after latest (1.31.405.4) ROM installation and happens periodically - you just tap the contact and nothing happens (sometimes at all but sometimes it reacts after minute or so and suddenly starts to call).
There could be at least two causes:
1. No reaction on actual "tap" (hard to explain why it finally calls sometimes but I noticed that Call button could give different reactions comparing to clicks on actual contact)
2. Process that executes call is doing something in the background (freeing up memory? restarting? doing some sync?)
After it "breaks through" it works for some time seamlessly - you just touch the contact and it calls immediately but after some time (even after phone reboot) the glitch is back
NB. I uninstalled almost all apps (including beautiful Timeriffic) I've got from Android Market and prey it's not related to the Exchange Sync and apps around it... Let's see if I still have problem tomorrow.

Same problem
4th May 2010, 02:04 AM |#3  
Flag Adelaide, SA
Thanks Meter: 88

Donate to Me
More
it could be a memory leak or something who knows,

the phone hasnt been out for long and there may be more updates comming.

plus if its a performance problem then when android 2.2 comes out with the JIT compiler it should be faster
4th May 2010, 08:26 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Riga

More
lifeis, do you have any applications (in addition to pre-installed) on your device?
4th May 2010, 06:47 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Riga

More
Version 1
The more I observe situations when dialer "hangs" the more I suspect that it happens due to some synchronization. Already several times I noticed such behavior starts when "data" icon indicates some outgoing traffic but nothing comes back (no active incoming arrow). Could it be that it tries to sync contact (with Exchange? Twitter? Facebook? Gmail?) and at the OS level it sees that network is "available" (somebody here already complained about similar issues) so needs to time-out instead of skip that attempt and proceed with requested operation immediately?
4th May 2010, 08:58 PM |#6  
Flag firenze

More
mee too
4th May 2010, 09:22 PM |#7  

More
Today i notice that when i press the contact and after i pres power button screen goes and comes and phone starts dialing. I think sync cause this. May be latest update they can solve this. I had a hero and hero did n't have problem like that.
5th May 2010, 03:32 AM |#8  

More
Re: Dialer lag
Dialer lag present on my device aswell. its not often and oddly happens when no apps are running in background. I think it conflicts with whatever sync services may be syncing at the time one tries to make a call

Sent from my HTC Legend using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk
5th May 2010, 05:56 AM |#9  
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Same with mine. There is also a lag when I press the "Sync All' immediately after a WiFi connection is established.

Hope they fix this as it is quite annoying. And also make Maps 4 "officially" available to Legend.
5th May 2010, 09:27 PM |#10  

More
Same problem
I started after updating the legend software!

Anyone have a solution?
Is it possible to go back to earlier software?
6th May 2010, 12:03 PM |#11  
OP Junior Member
Flag Riga

More
HTC answer
Somewhat expected suggestion:
Thank you for contacting us. About the problem that you have mentioned t us, I can gladly help you wit that: Note: Please ensure to backup any important data first. Method 1: 1. From the home screen, press Menu 2. Select Settings 3. Select Privacy 4. Select Factory Data Reset 5. If prompted, enter the unlock pattern. 6. Tap Reset Phone 7. Tap Erase Everything 8. The phone will reboot to factory settings Method 2: 1. Power device off (Open battery cover on bottom of the handset the close it again) 2. Press and hold the Volume Down button 3. Briefly press the Power button. 4. Continue pressing the Volume Down button until you see a white screen with three skateboarding androids at the bottom. 5. Release the Volume button 6. Press Volume Down to highlight CLEAR STORAGE 7. Press Power button 8. Press Volume Up to confirm 9. Once the Factory Reset has completed the phone will reboot automatically I trust that this resolve's your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if required. Thank you for contacting HTC.

Does anyone willing to try? Not sure that I'm ready to spend another half a day restoring all settings and configurations after factory reset (also suspect that chances to succeed are not too high)...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bugreport

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)