FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC Desire - keeps restarting

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By andy1982, Junior Member on 4th May 2010, 08:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
When i use my Desire to access the internet using my mobile network the phone restarts at random points doesnt happen when i connect via wifi tho.

Another strange accurance was i was using my wifi when my phone was charging and it randomly shut off and vibrated numerous times and when i started it back up it got to the htc quietly brilliant screen and then back to the htc screen in a loop until i unplugged the charger and started it up, which then got me to the menu screen

Anyone else experienced any of these????
 
 
4th May 2010, 08:30 PM |#2  
potter1984's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 101
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1982

When i use my Desire to access the internet using my mobile network the phone restarts at random points doesnt happen when i connect via wifi tho.

Another strange accurance was i was using my wifi when my phone was charging and it randomly shut off and vibrated numerous times and when i started it back up it got to the htc quietly brilliant screen and then back to the htc screen in a loop until i unplugged the charger and started it up, which then got me to the menu screen

Anyone else experienced any of these????

Why people love posting with no info??????.....................

Im no expert but if i had a problem and needed help, i would at the very least provide a few details about my device,

IE: has it been rooted, have you messed about in adb shell without knowing what your doing, What network your on, if you have anything like apps2sd on it, basically BASIC details that will help the people that know deal with your problem a LOT quicker and more accuratly.

IDK could just be me that would want to know these kinda things.
4th May 2010, 08:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
no its not been rooted, havent messed about with it only installed

Snesoid
Nesoid
GBCoid
Gensoid
Advanced task killer
Astro File Manager
Beebplayer
Shazam

Im on Vodafone
4th May 2010, 08:48 PM |#4  
potter1984's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 101
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1982

no its not been rooted, havent messed about with it only installed

Snesoid
Nesoid
GBCoid
Gensoid
Advanced task killer
Astro File Manager
Beebplayer
Shazam

Im on Vodafone

Ok its a start ......

What country are you in, are all the other internet related apps working fine with 3G, Try not to be so vague, Remember if ya want help we need details.

i'm not haveing a go, just trying to help you to help yourself faster :P
4th May 2010, 08:55 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
uk

was using google maps earlier and it restarted,weather updates with no problem had fotmob 4.0 and that worked fine with 3g.
4th May 2010, 08:58 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1982

uk

was using google maps earlier and it restarted,weather updates with no problem had fotmob 4.0 and that worked fine with 3g.

was this problem happening when you first got the phone?

go to settings -> wireless and networks -> mobile networks -> access point names
click on menu and press 'reset default'

if not then you must have installed/changed something in the system which is causing this. a factory reset would fix this if this is the case.

THIS IS KEEPING IN MIND IT WORKED WHEN YOU FIRST GOT IT

if it never worked then return it and get a new one.
4th May 2010, 09:01 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
worked fine when i first got it had it a month this just started a week or so ago
4th May 2010, 09:03 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy1982

worked fine when i first got it had it a month this just started a week or so ago

in that case do what i said
4th May 2010, 09:13 PM |#9  
potter1984's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 101
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: HTC Desire - keeps restarting
Quote:

Quote:

worked fine when i first got it had it a month this just started a week or so ago



in that case do what i said

lol @ rolleyes


Sent from space using the HTC Desire whilst the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk was trianglulating my exact gps position on Google maps
4th May 2010, 11:08 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I had the same problem with mine on Orange, at the time it was stock, after 2 weeks it would randomly reboot when i disconnected from my BT car kit or when i hung up the phone, i sent it back and got a new one. I put the generic ROM onto the new one and it was fine for a week then it rebooted after a phone call and then during a phone call when i rang them back. Im now running a rooted ROM and so far its all ok,

Only installed programs I have in common is beebplayer, I will say one bit of advice though unistall task killer u dont need it, there is a post somewhere explaining why but u dont need it and the phone doesn't like it.
5th May 2010, 06:18 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 450
 
More
Mine just rebooted after a call for the first time.
I got a orange handset, should I return it?
Its been working fine since I got it 2 weeks ago.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes