Online Activation for Phone Switching

Search This thread

Mr. Biggz

Jun 23, 2009
I recently won a Nextel Blackberry in a raffle and I wanted to use when I bike so as not to break my Hero. I know about Sprint's online activator but I never used it before and I'm not sure if it would work given that its an iDen Blackberry but that's just me talking. Has anybody done this before and how long does it take to take effect? Thanks for the help.

w01fm4n

Nov 12, 2009
it should work no problem. I work for sprint. when I was a agent I showed corp customers how to do it online.. since the recent sprint.com update don't know.

Sent from my HERO200 using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

mactruc

Nov 8, 2009
The online system is pretty easy to use and changes take place within seconds in most cases.
However, I have run across some issues going from iDen to CDMA. Most notable is that you will lose ALL voicemail and will have to set it back up each time. Also, Iden SMS is terrible, if you communicate with SMS be prepared to have significant SMS delays. not to mention the poor data speeds. Beyond that, there are provision delays from time to time and it could take hours for the switch to go through when you do an Iden to CDMA switch. I actually had on that took about 36 hours. Granted, the exception to the rule, but considering I do about 100 esn swaps a month, I have some experience with the system. These problems don't happen NEARLY as often as a CDMA/CDMA trade. My advice, sell the iden, buy a cheap CDMA device.