FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ActiveSync / WMDC error 0x85010014: my solution

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By jfmart, Junior Member on 9th May 2010, 10:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been trying to solve this error (0x85010014) and tried each and every proposed solution that I could find in Google and here in xda-developers. Re-create computer-phone partnership, hard reset the phone, repair Outlook, uninstall and re-install Outlook... and none of them worked. The phone connects to the PC without trouble, either by cable or by bluetooth, but cannot sync, and every sync attempt ends with error 0x85010014.

But I finally have found a solution that works; at least for me. So I'm posting here just in case others can benefit from this solution.

Conditions: Windows 7 installed from an upgrade (I know, I shouldn't have done that), Outlook 2007, HTC TyTN II, no Exchange server.

First, and this is common to other solutions, backup your Outlook database. Now close Outlook.

2: delete partnership on your computer and on the phone.

3: Find the mail setup (it's slightly different in XP, Vista and 7). In Windows 7 go to Control Panel, User Accounts, Mail.

4: In the Mail Setup dialog box, click Show Profiles.

5: Add a new profile and make it default for Outlook. This is the key point because, at least in my case, the defective item was the profile, and this is not repaired by SCANPST, nor detected by the repair Outlook option. Even when you uninstall and re-install Outlook, or you delete the Outlook database, it respects your previous profile, so the error remains there, untouched.

6: Delete the older profile.

7: Now when you open Outlook, import your backup database (you did the backup, didn't you?).

8: Connect your phone, create a new partnership and everything should work now. Note: If you try to sync without deleting the old partnerships (I did try this) you will receive an error indicating that the sync profile doesn't exist.

I hope this helps other people who might face this obscure error. I've been helped many times by the solutions posted in this forum so I'm now giving my 2 cents in return.

Thanks.

2nd October 2010, 12:00 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up ActiveSync Error #0x85010014
After having the same error come up, and my failure to correct it on my own, I called Verizon tech support. All they suggested did not correct the issue. With the tech on line I did a Google search for this error and found quite a few responses that were years old.
Yours, however, was not only more currently dated but it pertained to my exact situation having Win 7. The tech and I agreed that this was something to try, which I did.

Very happy to say, by following your step by step suggestion, the issue is resolved
Thank you very much for your input!
14th December 2011, 07:05 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The error may be a result of the PST corruption which needs to be solved immediately for the proper working of Outlook. PST corruption leads to major problems in Outlook and results in inaccessible files or data which can be solves with the help of scanpst repair tool. you can solve the error with the help of this repair tool and enjoy error free working over outlook.

telecharger scanpst pst file (Download scanpst.exe)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
0x85010014, activesync, error, outlook, wmdc

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)