FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WP7 Porting/Tool Development

3,317 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,560

By Da_G, Inactive Senior Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus on 20th May 2010, 06:38 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
30th August 2010, 06:14 AM |#171  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by imfloflo

Yes it's an LG

Christ that's awesome! Tweet to Da_G and PM him asap!

31st August 2010, 01:39 PM |#172  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Neuhausen am Rheinfall
Thanks Meter: 2,476

More
@da_G:

what's up? please give us a status update...

do you need another hd2? fixed the solder-pad?
31st August 2010, 07:36 PM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am offering a HD2 (broken screen) for free. All i need is Da_G's address.
1st September 2010, 01:00 AM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
how odd.... my post in this thread seems to have been deleted without a PM or any other indication of why it was deleted. :S

I was saying how its now been months and all we hear is about various problems, how more money is needed, then how the JTAG can't be purchased, then how the JTAG people arent responding, then how the JTAG broke the HD2 and a new one is needed, etc. etc.

Since the first few days when Da_G first arrived on the scene, there doesn't seem to have been any development since (according to Da_G's twitter account)
1st September 2010, 02:33 PM |#175  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkchips

how odd.... my post in this thread seems to have been deleted without a PM or any other indication of why it was deleted. :S

I was saying how its now been months and all we hear is about various problems, how more money is needed, then how the JTAG can't be purchased, then how the JTAG people arent responding, then how the JTAG broke the HD2 and a new one is needed, etc. etc.

Since the first few days when Da_G first arrived on the scene, there doesn't seem to have been any development since (according to Da_G's twitter account)

Noone is obliged to do or provide anything to xda users like me and you.
But also moderators must not only erase posts but provide protection to users from blackmail of any kind.
Some guys give knowledge and support without asking for anything because they are doing their hobby and these guys are written in the History.
If someone wants to sell something, he can make his own shop or internet page and sell it!
1st September 2010, 04:56 PM |#176  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkchips

wrong much?
seriously it hasn't been months. Maybe 2 or 3 weeks since Da_G accidentally cracked the pinout location on the hd2. Previous to that he has been giving us pretty regular updates and images of the process. Prior to this, not many jtag companies contacted him back, and before that, the original jtag device was too expensive and more money would be needed. But he never said to continue donating, he always looked for affordable options in order to make this possible.

Who knows what da_g is doing. Maybe he got a job who knows. All he has ever said was he will try and make this possible. It was slim, but he kept trying. That's all any developer ever does. He's not on your dime, he isn't entitled to update the thread either.
2nd September 2010, 04:55 AM |#177  
OP Inactive Senior Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Flag Riverside, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,560

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates recently, i've been incredibly busy in my personal life and haven't had the proper time to devote to this project in the last 3 weeks or so. I wasn't up to nothing the whole time, however! I was able to obtain a JTAG JIG for the HD2 thanks to the great guys at http://www.multi-com.pl/ - so now I can avoid using my horrible soldering skills on the next go-round. :P I contacted several companies that handle PCB repairs, provided detailed description of the problem and photos, and in all cases the repair costs were too high. So that motherboard is a write-off at this point. (If anyone wants to attempt a repair on it I would gladly pass it along)

I heard some good things from Cotulla about CE7 on HD2 as well, don't forget i'm not the only one working on this project Ankur1234, i'll contact you via PM. Speaking of PMs, boy is my inbox full :P

@pkchips: I'll spare you what I really think about your post and say, if you think you can do better, i'll gladly send you the source code, parts, JTAG, JIG, soldering iron, solder, soldering station, magnifying glass, and assorted other stuff I had to buy just to enable working on this project. That will save you the weeks/months I spent dealing with retailers/individuals attempting to obtain various devices/components etc. before they were even available at any storefront. Please bring WP7 to HD2! We're all waiting on you

Anyway, I may open source libnb soon to invite more development on the project, as my free time has been severely impacted recently and i'm not able to devote the time I would like to. If someone else is willing to put some serious effort into it I would gladly pass along everything i've got so far to enable that!

Anyway, back to discussion on "WP7 Porting/Tool Development" as the topic says
2nd September 2010, 06:52 AM |#178  
Thanks Meter: 1,665

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_G

Hi,

i look hopefully in the future.

with friendly greet

starbase64
2nd September 2010, 09:30 PM |#179  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

@pkchips: I'll spare you what I really think about your post and say, if you think you can do better, i'll gladly send you the source code, parts, JTAG, JIG, soldering iron, solder, soldering station, magnifying glass, and assorted other stuff I had to buy just to enable working on this project. That will save you the weeks/months I spent dealing with retailers/individuals attempting to obtain various devices/components etc. before they were even available at any storefront. Please bring WP7 to HD2! We're all waiting on you

Perhaps I was wrong to make that post - porting WP7 is not an easy undertaking and of course I don't know what your personal situation is like.

Just to explain what happened:

Without thinking or considering the potential effect of my words, I just "blurted out" what I honestly think. However, I recognise that sharing what one thinks is not always the best thing to do and in this instance I should probably have just kept quiet. I'm sure there are good reasons why progress has been slow and there was no need for me to be so judgmental.

Sorry for any offence I might have caused. Good luck with the porting :).
3rd September 2010, 01:54 AM |#180  

More
Quote:

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates recently, i've been incredibly busy in my personal life and haven't had the proper time to devote to this project in the last 3 weeks or so. I wasn't up to nothing the whole time, however! I was able to obtain a JTAG JIG for the HD2 thanks to the great guys at http://www.multi-com.pl/ - so now I can avoid using my horrible soldering skills on the next go-round. :P I contacted several companies that handle PCB repairs, provided detailed description of the problem and photos, and in all cases the repair costs were too high. So that motherboard is a write-off at this point. (If anyone wants to attempt a repair on it I would gladly pass it along)

I heard some good things from Cotulla about CE7 on HD2 as well, don't forget i'm not the only one working on this project Ankur1234, i'll contact you via PM. Speaking of PMs, boy is my inbox full :P

Anyway, I may open source libnb soon to invite more development on the project, as my free time has been severely impacted recently and i'm not able to devote the time I would like to. If someone else is willing to put some serious effort into it I would gladly pass along everything i've got so far to enable that!

Hey buddy

Just overnight shipped the Phone to your address. It should be arriving tomorrow. I also included a new replacement screen so that you can change it when you open the phone. The only thing not included in a battery. Good luck on your adventure.
3rd September 2010, 12:17 PM |#181  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur1234

Hey buddy

Just overnight shipped the Phone to your address. It should be arriving tomorrow. I also included a new replacement screen so that you can change it when you open the phone. The only thing not included in a battery. Good luck on your adventure.

Really kind of you to help him (and indirectly all of us ) out that way
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread