FORUMS

Anyone noticed the new UI in Gingerbread?

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Qoon3x, Junior Member on 22nd May 2010, 04:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Did you guy's also noticed the new UI in gingerbread? I got this pictures from the google IO youtube version.


I'ts from the part where they are showing the sneak preview what's coming after froyo. Link

Looking way better than it does now IMO!
22nd May 2010, 05:09 PM |#2  
Rusty!'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Portsmouth
Thanks Meter: 1,813
 
More
Pretty sure that's the Froyo UI.
22nd May 2010, 05:11 PM |#3  
pjcforpres's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag CR
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
I can't wait for Gingerbread! FroYo is so 2 hours ago.

The top one is a picture of Gingerbread, though, from Goolge IO.
22nd May 2010, 05:15 PM |#4  
x986123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Why would they be using a prototype OS in a large keynote? It has a higher chance of failing in the middle of the presentation.
22nd May 2010, 05:17 PM |#5  
mutantblack's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tornados City
Thanks Meter: 1,149
 
More
I thought that was froyo screenshots. humm.....
But in the video that op posted from google IO, they mentioned it's froyo. Not gingerbread. I am confused.
22nd May 2010, 05:17 PM |#6  
pjcforpres's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag CR
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x986123

Why would they be using a prototype OS in a large keynote? It has a higher chance of failing in the middle of the presentation.

Read the OP from top to bottom...
22nd May 2010, 06:09 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x986123

Why would they be using a prototype OS in a large keynote? It has a higher chance of failing in the middle of the presentation.

This post made me laugh. Did you watch the keynote? They had a very high rate of failure in the middle of the demos. LMAO.

Seriously though, the top pic is gingerbread. The demonstration was of a feature from a future release after Froyo. It's not that big of an assumption to assume what "future release after FroYo" is referring to.
22nd May 2010, 06:52 PM |#8  
Member
Flag Reigate
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Wasn't that the demonstration of web apps being allowed to use hardware features, like the compass etc

With that in mind, perhaps the difference is because those are not Android windows, but instead window on the webpage?
diversificationied
22nd May 2010, 07:30 PM |#9  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastix

Wasn't that the demonstration of web apps being allowed to use hardware features, like the compass etc

With that in mind, perhaps the difference is because those are not Android windows, but instead window on the webpage?

That does make sense. All of those actions were performed from the browser to show off the browser accessing the hardware directly.
22nd May 2010, 11:00 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
it does seem like a new UI for gingerbread. Also, Froyo does not have the updated music player they showed in the demo.
I don't really understand why google would want to show off features from future updates.
22nd May 2010, 11:28 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkavat

it does seem like a new UI for gingerbread. Also, Froyo does not have the updated music player they showed in the demo.
I don't really understand why google would want to show off features from future updates.

To irritate us? Or, for all we know, is it's still in testing and 2.3 could come out before gingerbread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes