FORUMS

Swype for the EVO? Now with an IDIOT-PROOF GUIDE!

3,573 posts
Thanks Meter: 178

By TheBiles, Senior Member on 23rd May 2010, 02:12 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
26th May 2010, 06:16 AM |#21  
Flag Newark
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajftl

no 100% sure.. it is a beta version.. might expire.. been using it all day crazy texting.. np so far. works way better than on my HD2 lol. super smooth....
this phone rules

can you notice any lag as in the 'input lag' that is seen in the multitouch test videos of the 4g? because if it was to show anywhere i would expect to show here, like does the 'swype' follows your fingers as it did on the hd2 or other phones, this question not only goes for you but for everyone here
26th May 2010, 03:36 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
no lag ... going to try to film a vid need someone to hold the camera lol
26th May 2010, 10:23 PM |#23  
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 115

More
check the version. i have swype 1.25.x.x and it seems to be the full version with no expiration, including the ''double tap'' feature and no 'k,m kill bug'. btw, if anyone needs this, i can email them. hit me up. [email protected] im at work now so ill be sending it via my phone. lmk
26th May 2010, 10:43 PM |#24  
Flag NYC AkA GOTHAM!
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchwookie

check the version. i have swype 1.25.x.x and it seems to be the full version with no expiration, including the ''double tap'' feature and no 'k,m kill bug'. btw, if anyone needs this, i can email them. hit me up. [email protected] im at work now so ill be sending it via my phone. lmk

Is that any different then the one that was posted on page 1 post #3?? and hows the resolution, it fits the screen properly and all the buttons are there etc?? It's easy to install?? I use swype on my tp2 and when I get my EVO in 8 short days I want to continue using it there!!

whats the double tap feature??
26th May 2010, 11:02 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag North Carolina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldaris652

can you notice any lag as in the 'input lag' that is seen in the multitouch test videos of the 4g? because if it was to show anywhere i would expect to show here, like does the 'swype' follows your fingers as it did on the hd2 or other phones, this question not only goes for you but for everyone here

Zero. Lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRFERRARI23

Is that any different then the one that was posted on page 1 post #3?? and hows the resolution, it fits the screen properly and all the buttons are there etc?? It's easy to install?? I use swype on my tp2 and when I get my EVO in 8 short days I want to continue using it there!!

whats the double tap feature??

The version in post #3 works flawlessly. It is the correct resolution, and everything looks great. All you do to install is download it and run the .apk (make sure you have enabled the installation of non-Market apps).
27th May 2010, 12:09 AM |#26  
Flag NYC AkA GOTHAM!

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiles

Zero. Lag.

The version in post #3 works flawlessly. It is the correct resolution, and everything looks great. All you do to install is download it and run the .apk (make sure you have enabled the installation of non-Market apps).

how do you go about making sure you have enabled the installation of non-market apps??

My friend said the version from post #3 some of the buttons were stretched or didnt look right on the evo screen??? idk.. I cant say bc i havent gotten my evo yet but what I do know is that I want to use the SWYPE KB!!
27th May 2010, 12:26 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag North Carolina

More
Quote:

how do you go about making sure you have enabled the installation of non-market apps??

My friend said the version from post #3 some of the buttons were stretched or didnt look right on the evo screen??? idk.. I cant say bc i havent gotten my evo yet but what I do know is that I want to use the SWYPE KB!!

Menu -> Settings -> Applications. Check "unknown sources." I just double-checked, and all of the keys look absolutely fine.
27th May 2010, 01:30 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

got this one to use with a incredible but never try. When i get the evo i would try

i have tried this one and it works great!!!! On sprint 4g evo ;]
27th May 2010, 02:18 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 136

More
Quote:

your friend wrong.. nothing stretch .. its perfect.... done.. been using it all day over 500 texts no problem no lags no problem.. did i said no problems?
27th May 2010, 03:52 AM |#30  
Flag Glendale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 115

More
forget about my version. tested on the evo and it gets a resolution error. sorry guys. and double tap feature on mine means you can double tap a work, it'll highlight it and provide suggestions or you can erase or overwrite the highlighted word
27th May 2010, 04:50 AM |#31  
Flag NYC AkA GOTHAM!

More
Talking
Quote:

your friend wrong.. nothing stretch .. its perfect.... done.. been using it all day over 500 texts no problem no lags no problem.. did i said no problems?

GOOD I'm glad he's wrong lol b/c you saying that it works perfectly is music to my ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenley_ser

i have tried this one and it works great!!!! On sprint 4g evo ;]

Again, that's music to my ears lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiles

Menu -> Settings -> Applications. Check "unknown sources." I just double-checked, and all of the keys look absolutely fine.

Awesome Thank You very much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchwookie

forget about my version. tested on the evo and it gets a resolution error. sorry guys. and double tap feature on mine means you can double tap a work, it'll highlight it and provide suggestions or you can erase or overwrite the highlighted word

Ok cool no prob. at least you tried.. So I guess the version on page 1 post #3 is the one to go with and that it's working as it should.... right?? I can't wait to get my EVO seriously, I'm done with WM even though I love my tp2..I'm just so ready for Android and the HTC EVO and all its glory!!!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread