#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
It's important to know that the "DangerSPL" (or DeathSPL or Haykuro's SPL or whatever you prefer) is a prerequisite for Dream/G1 users. Magic (MT3G etc) users do *not* need to do this. Ciwrl has written a guide to installing this bootloader. Flashing this bootloader under the wrong conditions can actually brick your device, so pay attention to the guide. CM releases have always avoided this requirement, but the new bootloader frees up enough space so that no crazy hacks are required for a fully functional system, and it's easier to keep in sync with the N1/Droid releases.
What's NOT included that you'd find on a Nexus One:
* Launcher2 (too clunky for these devices)
* Stock Live Wallpapers (LWP support is there, but may not work with all LWP apps and/or performance may be bad)
* Facebook (install from the Market, contact sync works perfect, at least on Sapphire)
* Google Voice (install from Market, push notify works perfect)
* Gallery3D (too much of a memory hog)
* Everything that goes with Eclair
* 3D, video, camera, camcorder, BT, WiFi, etc are all of course working
* Can be used with or without Google applications
* Kernel 2.6.34 with Pershoot's tweaks
* ADWLauncher is the default launcher!
* Complete music app overhaul by Eliot Stocker
* New Apps2SD method implemented mostly by Chris Soyars.
* Built in USB & Bluetooth tethering
* Graphical enhancements, #boobs, and excellent wallpapers by Prash and SatanR1
* Includes BusyBox, htop, nano, powertop, openvpn, bash, irssi, and all engineering commandline utilities
* FLAC audio support from Kenny Root
* Phone enhancements from Cytown
* Contacts enhancements from Wysie
* MMS enhancements from, well, everyone (see changelog)
* Perform zipalign-on-install of applications
* DeskClock tweaks- longer autosilence and "require unlock" option
* Massive APN list
* All available locales are included thanks to PsychoI3oy
* 360-degree auto-orientation by Optedoblivion and Elanthis (enable in settings)
* OpenVPN integration thanks to James Bottomley
* Music app can respond to long-press on the volume buttons (from Metalhead)
* Many other bugfixes and tweaks from AOSP contributors
* Tons of work on the build system by Koush and Chris Soyars
* Big thanks to Zinx for debugging some really difficult issues! He really deserves most of the credit for getting this thing working so well.
* See the full CHANGELOG for all credits and details
All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github! Send pull requests with your changes!
- First time flashing CM-5?
1. Root your device and install Clockwork Recovery (ROM Manager on the market) or Amon_RA's recovery (Dream / Magic)
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Install the DangerSPL if you don't already have it
4. WIPE (I cannot guarantee an upgrade from CM-4.2 to CM-5 will work)
5. Install the ROM
6. Optionally install the Google Addon if you want Google Applications like Gmail and Market
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up and restored automatically)
HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
- Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
- Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
- Pastebin links preferred
- Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!
Latest version: 5.0.8-DS - 06/19/2010
Google Addon: ERE36B
Magic 32A/EBI1 Kernel Update:
A few known issues;
* Facebook from market breaks sync for Market users (see forum for alternative apk) - only on Dream, Sapphire is OK. Blame Facebook.
* End-Button-behavior in Spare Parts only works on 'Sleep' mode
* Camera apps may leak memory
* It's possible to corrupt your recovery image when running flash_image and memory is low. If this happens, you'll have to flash it with fastboot. It's a kernel problem that's being looked into
Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!