He created this QuickPad app too, but never did translation into english, which made it little non-usable by us, who can't read Chinese.
My first attempt was pretty lazy, editing res in exe, which wasn't very complete work and created some mis-formatting too.
Now there is standard MUI file in english!
what's good about QuickPad:
- multiple instances - will not open second file in the same window
- can open big big files
- can do go to column/line and showing position too
- unicode is called UTF-16 in it.
- can edit read-only files (PHM notepad would ignore save if read-only, quite nasty)
- no touchflo. In file open/save dialog, if you try to scroll by dragging in list, it would come with error (but not crash) (where is this option to disable TF in reg? I saw it once I think)
- if you hold down/up button it will start scrolling by pages (click by line, holding by pages) - can't really decide if this's good or bad
QuickPad.cab: classic EN installation
if your pda is not EN, rename mui code to your lang code:
QuickPad.exe.0409.mui to QuickPad.exe.xxxx.mui
MUI fix-ONLY for EN localized pda.cab: DON'T RUN THIS cab ON NON-ENGLISH PDA's (would reset it to english)
Some EN pdas would ignore mui files. This cab (just reg inside) should fix that.
the cab contains this reg:
QuickPad.zip: OEM - if you know what it is, you know what to do
one issue: in open/save dialog, there should be current folder visible in first combo. I can't set original props for this dialog with what I have.
I made translation by guess and try there still are some strings and one dialog I never saw and can't guess what it is. If someone from China, could go through them and tell me, I'll add it there. Or if someone would run into "xxxS1" by using QuickPad, let me know what was supposed to be shown there.