FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Fail-proof: 4G + Root + Wifi Tether = everyone happy

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By tdo722, Member on 9th June 2010, 12:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello everyone,

I have done enough flashing and reading for the past 4 days. I can now provide you guys with a 100% fail-proof method for getting 4G + Root + Wifi Tether:

1. Flash it back to RUU .1
http://rapidshare.com/files/38998349...ase_171253.exe

2. Do the automatic OTA update from Sprint to get you to .6 (make sure it is 1.32.651.6 otherwise do not confirm)

3. From your phone, open up internet browser and go to www.unrevoked.com and get yourself rooted

4. From your phone, go to http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...4.apk&can=2&q= and install the wifi tether application

5. Reboot the phone

6. Update the Profile by going to settings/system update/update profile

7. Reboot the phone

8. Open up your wifi tether application and enjoy!

This is a guaranteed 100% will work with 4G. If it does not work for you, please let me know and I'll do my best to help. Stay tune. I will update this thread after tinkering with toast method, flip, flip ota update, newest radio, wifi tether.

9th June 2010, 01:16 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
anyone confirm this? Says my phone is rooted then I have an app requesting super user access.

Aite folks I can confirm this is bullshit.
9th June 2010, 01:23 AM |#3  
Flag Chicago

More
I can confirm. I have been waiting for full root for a while but in the meantime this works great. I get root access and am able to get 4G (Chicago) and also wifi tether works great, even when it is in 4G.
9th June 2010, 01:29 AM |#4  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 4

More
While this method works, it also locks us out of a custom recovery, which for me is the biggest reason I root.
9th June 2010, 01:38 AM |#5  
Flag Dallas TX
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angeltk

While this method works, it also locks us out of a custom recovery, which for me is the biggest reason I root.

Why do you need a custom recovery when you cant even change the ROM with this Root.
9th June 2010, 01:41 AM |#6  
Flag Chicago

More
That's why i said this is great until the NAND is unlocked so we can change system files while in Android.
9th June 2010, 01:42 AM |#7  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx

Why do you need a custom recovery when you cant even change the ROM with this Root.

Which is why I'm running toast's root instead of unrevoked.
9th June 2010, 01:56 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zotman

That's why i said this is great until the NAND is unlocked so we can change system files while in Android.

Is this is something that will be done? My phone was updated on 6/4/2010 by the bestbuy A$$hole that pulled it out of the box. I have done this root method because I wanted wifi tether. (works great) Im not looking for a new ROM but only to remove the sprint bloatware that is on my phone.
9th June 2010, 02:01 AM |#9  

More
worked for me thanks!!!!
9th June 2010, 02:07 AM |#10  

More
worked for me thanks!!!!
9th June 2010, 02:18 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 369

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx

Because it allows you to make android backups, and flash different roms as well as being able to remove apps you don't want, which this rooting method doesn't do.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)