FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNELS] the kernel corner

542 posts
Thanks Meter: 43

By dumfuq, Retired Recognized Developer on 9th June 2010, 03:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is just a thread to offer a consolidated place for update notifications and such for alternative kernels. I will try to keep the most recent versions in this post but you should always check the end of the thread just to make sure.

Consider these experimental, use at your own risk, no ones responsible for anything, blah blah blah.

For best results, always use cyanogenmod roms

Most recent kernels:

pershoots Kernels
http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/

ezterrys kernel
s
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=670

dumfuqs OC (Requires setting scaling_max_freq in order to boot)

cm-5.0.8
32B/32A

cm-6.0.0
32B
32A

newest (10/14/2010):
2.6.35.7 32A/B (only oc710 so most of you will need to set your max frequency in init.d or whatnot)

archive:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6paej1h9tpkif

dumfuqs github
The Following User Says Thank You to dumfuq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dumfuq Ad-Free

9th June 2010, 05:05 PM |#2  
Flag SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
Thanks Meter: 6,082

Donate to Me
More
hey dumfuq, can you create a blog, I like following your work, would be nice to see it all elsewhere. Are you on github?
thanks, your work is appreciated
9th June 2010, 06:23 PM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,354

More
thx for posting this
The Following User Says Thank You to pershoot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2010, 07:14 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nice to see this here.. It would be nice to further explain, I searched else where but could not find....

I know
OC---IS OVER CLOCKED
UV---IS UNDER VOLTED
FP---????
9th June 2010, 07:16 PM |#5  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 296

More
Not to be rude but this is the third kernel thread on Page 1 of G1 Android Development. Hope a mod consolidates the three into one.
On another note, thanks for your kernels.
9th June 2010, 08:06 PM |#6  
Flag SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
Thanks Meter: 6,082

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumfuq

This is just a thread to offer a consolidated place for update notifications and such for alternative kernels. I will try to keep the most recent versions in this post but you should always check the end of the thread just to make sure.

Consider these experimental, use at your own risk, no ones responsible for anything, blah blah blah.

For best results, always use cyanogenmod roms

Most recent kernels:

pershoots Kernel 2.6.34-OC-UV-FP – Dream/sapphire(32B/A)
http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=538

dumfuqs OC -Dream/Sapphire(32B) (requires setting scaling_max_freq in order to boot)
oc825-cm-2.6.34-8t3-signed.zip

with oc825-cm-2.6.34-8t3 im not getting full multitasking, im able to multitask 3-4 apps but the kernel isnt utilizing all the swap before killing processes
9th June 2010, 09:57 PM |#7  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 14

More
I think it's rather nice to have an OC kernel that doesn't require swap though.
10th June 2010, 05:13 PM |#8  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 43

More
just updated with changes from cm-5.0.8-t4
10th June 2010, 07:42 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 680

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defconoi

with oc825-cm-2.6.34-8t3 im not getting full multitasking, im able to multitask 3-4 apps but the kernel isnt utilizing all the swap before killing processes

They make it use all the swap, and people complain, they tone it down, and people complain.

Seriously though, adjust swappiness and perhaps use AutoKiller to set the settings LOWER than default. That should keep more apps around. Note that doing that may cause extreme slowness, so if it breaks, you get to keep both parts.

When I fool with those types of settings, I like to disable "set on boot" type options so that a reboot clears them if I screw something up. Then I can tune away till I get what I want, then set them on boot. Of course, just as I figure out how I like it, a new release comes out. owell, I do so love flashing my phone. I feel like I need a .sh file with "adb shell "reboot recovery"" in there on my computer's dock.
11th June 2010, 01:52 AM |#10  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,354

More
new dream/sapphire kernel images posted - http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=546
11th June 2010, 03:30 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 219

Donate to Me
More
Any chance on someone uploading the oc xtra v4 with lower frequencies please.. I don't know how to change the userinit or resign =P thank you. Last time with test2 cyanogen, it booted up fine leaving the frequencies on my old settings but now test4 it just won't boot because frequencies got over written this time and set825 which I know why but I don't know how to resign and stuff..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)