HTC Aria

Search This thread

Taknarosh

Aug 6, 2009
Montreal
The Aria looks more like an HTC Legend without the UBA Case.
The Wildfire is QVGA while the Legend and Aria are HVGA.

Last edited:

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
I think the Aria is just the AT&T version of the Wildfire; if you compare the MDA Compact V with the Diamond2, both devices will look completely different, but they are mean't to be the same.

Taknarosh

Aug 6, 2009
Montreal
I think the Aria is just the AT&T version of the Wildfire; if you compare the MDA Compact V with the Diamond2, both devices will look completely different, but they are mean't to be the same.

No again, look at the specs. Wildfire QVGA display vs Aria HVGA display.
HTC Aria = HTC Legend minus Unibody Aluminum Case

gimteoh

Dec 30, 2006
i not getting this one. i will wait until they release device that have a similar spec as nexus

networkdood

Aug 2, 2008
Somewhere, lost in time....
I was going to wait and unless the phone is a huge disappointment in person, I will buy it. I am sure it will be upgradeable to 2.2. What bugs me is that it is only 600 mhz for the processor. A lot of stuff on the other ANDROID, like the INCREDIBLE, I really do not need. It is a good beginner ANDROID phone. I just am looking forward to learning how to root the darn thing and it seems that every model is different in terms of the process.

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
Aria = Liberty

There is shipped ROM for ATT Liberty aka Aria aka Intruder.

http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Lib...37.35.09_7.08.35.06_release_128691_signed.exe

Code:
Under the battery cover, it clearly says HTC Intruder. When you sign into the Android Market, it says "Setting up your HTC Liberty."

So, Aria == Intruder == Liberty

interesting. I'd be happy with just root and no custom rom or recovery.

It is sounding more and more like a re-skinned Legend.

attachment.php

Spec Sheet from AT&T

Attachments

• HTC_Aria_fact_sheet-6.jpg
    HTC_Aria_fact_sheet-6.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 859
Last edited:

saint168

Aug 11, 2006
No, sorry it does not - it is not rooted yet.

It may not take long though, depending on how similar firmware is to the Legend, which has been rooted. We'll have to wait and see.

I'm trying to decide if I should buy the Aria. I understand every Android phone can be rooted eventually, I just hope this one won't take long.

attn1

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 18, 2010
So this is for at&t? Doesn't sound good to me. I don't know for sure but I was wondering if at&t android phones allow you to install 3rd party apps?

You can do it with ADB on the backflip. Once rooted, you can install anything.

Looks like a nice little phone. I don't go for big bricks in my pocket, and the Nexus One is pushing it. I like the size - it's the same size (3.2") screen as the magic/mytouch/sprint hero/legend/gsm hero, and it has almost identical specs as the Legend.

No, it's not a superphone, but I really like it. It looks like it would do the job just fine.

modest_mandroid

May 23, 2010
Apparently no 3rd party app sideloading and no live wallpapers for some reason. I was under the impression that all Android 2.1 builds supported live wallpapers. Is it because of Sense UI, or is it just something AT&T decided to do away with?

sunshine1982

Aug 6, 2009
Bakersfield, CA
My question is will the HTC Aria get its own section here, and not just be a thread under the HTC Wildfire. It will officially be out and for sale at AT&T in 3 days, which is sooner than some new phones that have their own sections. I'm thinking of getting this phone as an upgrade from my Fuze, but I would definitely want development support for it. AT&T's stock android sucks with their lockdown crap, so it would be nice to be able to root it and actually be able to fully utilize android.

discord2k

Jun 26, 2009
Going from Fuze to Aria

I'm really liking this phone as well. I currently have a fuze but have been wanting an Android phone for a while. I just am not big on the huge phones that are coming out now.

I have faith in the XDA crew and have no doubt that in no time we'll be installing 3rd party apps.

I would not worry about the speed though. Search google for htc aria benchmark and androidcentral has a very surprising test...