"Port" a device rom to another device

Search This thread

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Sorry for my ignorance :) but I wonder how one would procede to recompile a dumped rom of a particular device for another device *without* making to much changes.

In my case I want to "port" the OBOE debug rom to the HD2. And I want to do it by leaving all the EXT, OEM and SYS files *unchanged* (resolution of the oboe is the same as the leo). How should I go on?

(fyi, I would say that my cooking skills are just below intermediate)

EDIT: the rationale behind this is that I want to create a base wm 6.5.x rom from a HTC factory rom and work from there, instead of working from a customized 6.5.x HD2 rom and gradually replace packages from new leaked roms of other devices.

Last edited:

+ Que PPC

Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
keep the OEM main folders of your LEO and switch all the ext and addons OEM folder from OBOE.... it should work.. and remember to use your OEMXIPKERNEL payload and bla bla bal of your LEO too.

Pisca

Feb 23, 2008
Please note that Oboe Debug ROm, it's a Chinese ROM, requires a lot of tweaking to make it work with another language, not a straight copy of Ext packs and cook, have a look at HD2 Rom dev about that, also it's a ROm made for CDMA devices which creats another problem to port

appelflap

Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
Please note that Oboe Debug ROm, it's a Chinese ROM, requires a lot of tweaking to make it work with another language, not a straight copy of Ext packs and cook, have a look at HD2 Rom dev about that, also it's a ROm made for CDMA devices which creats another problem to port

Alright thanks. Better wait for a 6.5.x WWE factory rom with the 800x480 resolution then. Didn't know btw that the Oboe was a CDMA device. Thanks for noticing that.

Well, the good thing is that I now know how to procede when a new rom comes out for another device. Thanks +Que PPC

Pisca

Feb 23, 2008
Also nother tip, I forgot to mention, Oboe Rom it's for Dual Sim device