Launcher Pro vs Sense?

Search This thread

ballr4lyf

May 7, 2010
What has been your experience with these? How does one compare to the other in terms of memory usage, battery life, and user experience? Which do you prefer and why?

-------------------------------------
Sent from my Evo 4g via the XDA Tapatalk App

Fball02468

Jun 18, 2010
Launcher Pro wins....just no sense widgets while using

Launcher Pro used less memory by about 0.5MB, I get a little bit better battery out of it with heavy usage (extra hour), the homescreen and app drawer will turn and adjust in landscape, also you can set programs up like the action buttons from froyo since it is included with the launcher. Just remember though the sense widgets will not work while using the launcher so you will have to download third party ones such as beautiful widget if you really still want the weather/clock widget. If know were to look you can find older versions for free so your not paying for something you already have stock with sense. Also follow the link threads and get the 4G widget from rdude (remember to donate since it is useful) so you can still have this toggle on your homescreen like you would be able to in sense.

realgt

May 24, 2010
I switched to Launcher Pro and am not looking back. Battery life is way better but i suspect its because i am not loading any of those heavy Sense widgets like email, friendstream, etc.

Try Fancy Widget instead of Beautiful Widgets. Fancy widget is free and looks *just* like the sense digital clock.

Beside battery life, Launcher Pro is more customizable especially with latest updates (scrolling dock bar, moveable App Drawer button, etc)

ballr4lyf

May 7, 2010
Launcher Pro used less memory by about 0.5MB, I get a little bit better battery out of it with heavy usage (extra hour), the homescreen and app drawer will turn and adjust in landscape, also you can set programs up like the action buttons from froyo since it is included with the launcher. Just remember though the sense widgets will not work while using the launcher so you will have to download third party ones such as beautiful widget if you really still want the weather/clock widget. If know were to look you can find older versions for free so your not paying for something you already have stock with sense. Also follow the link threads and get the 4G widget from rdude (remember to donate since it is useful) so you can still have this toggle on your homescreen like you would be able to in sense.

The only sense widget I seem to be missing from sense is the contact widget. Any idea where to get one of those? :confused:

tokuzumi

Nov 25, 2008
I've been using LauncherPro almost since the first version was released, when I was using a Sprint Hero. It just keeps getting better and better with every upgrade. I haven't looked at the Sense UI on my phone in at least a week. And that was just because I was comparing the flip clock/weather widget from Fancy Widgets with the HTC flip clock/weather widget, to see the differences. They are almost identical, pixel for pixel.

Also, to get more of a sense ui feel out of the launcher, you can set up 7 home screens, and download smooth calendar from the market. It looks very similar to the 1 x 4 calendar widget from HTC.

One of my favorite features of the launcherpro is the 3d app drawer. Also, the row of icons at the bottom, that you can configure however you want.

And it's nice with the huge screen, to have 5 rows of icons on the home pages. I turned off auto-orientation, as 5 rows of icons looks like crap in landscape.

TheBiles

Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
www.flickr.com
home.png

So nice.

-------------
Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk Pro.

AcIdC0R3

Feb 2, 2009
Portland, TX
Does anybody have issues with the wallpaper not changing after changing it inside of Launcher Pro? I have to go into Sense UI change it there, then go back into Launcher Pro and change it there. For some reason it wants to default to the HTC default wallpaper. The one with the out of focus different colored circles. Has anybody had this issue? If so how did you fix it?

effluent

Jun 17, 2010
West Tejas
I prefer ADW.Launcher. More customizable than Launcher Pro. You can set the screens as up to 8x8, choose widget sizes, etc.

BTW is there a link to that 'warp speed' star wallpaper?

Lostx

Jun 20, 2010
Does anyone have a link to dl fancy widget? Is not on the market and can't find on google

Sent from my EVO using XDA app

Greenfieldan

Jun 14, 2010
Mason
Does anyone have a link to dl fancy widget? Is not on the market and can't find on google

Sent from my EVO using XDA app

I can't seem to find the link I used anymore...I'll keep looking.

The ONLY thing I really miss about sense is the weather animations (i don't know why...). Otherwise, LP has been a perfect replacement for me

SixReasons

Jul 5, 2010
NC
www.YaBoyMartell.com
the ONLY reason im not using Launcher PRo is..

i cant control my my 4G and Mobile (3G) internet via a toggle switch and i need that to save my battery. i couldn't find a app or anything similar to the power bar that lets me control that part of my phone with out going into my setting's all the time..

AcIdC0R3

Feb 2, 2009
Portland, TX
i cant control my my 4G and Mobile (3G) internet via a toggle switch and i need that to save my battery. i couldn't find a app or anything similar to the power bar that lets me control that part of my phone with out going into my setting's all the time..

SwitchPro Widget now has 4g toggle. The only thing it lacks now is a toggle for hotspot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a evo 3d with sense and put launcher pro on it. For the most part it is the best of both worlds, however the one thing i miss from the default sense is the facebook for htc sense app. Its much better than the facebook that is on the market, and allows you to switch to facebook pages on mobile.

Is there anyway to use it with launcher pro? Once I swiched to lp facebook no longer shows up in my apps.

Not sure if it's only available in the Plus version (paid), but LP has a facebook widget, which is almost identical to the HTC Sense app. Look under LP widgets when you try to add a widget to your home screens.