This is a custom recovery based on Cyanogen's recovery source with a lot of things added by me. The purpose of this recovery is to avoid using adb by accessing all features directly from the menu.
[ Features ]
Detailed description of every menu item
[ Known Issues ]
v2.3.3 has some screen tearing/color weirdness going on. This is just a graphical bug in the recovery kernel, nothing to worry about. I'll try to fix it in a next version.
[ Download ] - ALWAYS check the md5sum to make sure the file isn't corrupted!
recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3.img - MD5Sum: c00243750cc79e4a1dd4888db175b19f
PC36IMG.zip - MD5SUM: 6dbb98f9cfa35033982c3803d2520466
Mirror to all my recoveries (Click a few adds to keep it up and running - Thanks DrMacinyasha ^^)
[ Install ] - There are several ways to install a custom recovery, feel free to pick the one that suits you best :
- the Bootloader way - - Thanks Tiffany84 ^^
- Place PC36IMG.zip on the root of your sd card.
- Boot the phone into the bootloader by powering the phone down, then press the power and the volume down buttons at the same time.
- Once the phone boots into the bootloader the phone will automatically recognize the zip file. It will ask if you would like to update, select yes and let it do it's thing and you will be good to go
- via Rom Manager - - STILL NEEDS TO UPDATED TO v2.3!!
- Download "Rom Manager" from the Android market
- Start "Rom Manager"
- Select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery" and wait for it to finish
- Select "Flash Alternate Recovery" and wait for it to finish -> this will install the latest version of RA recovery.
- via terminal app or adb - (Make sure your rom contains flash_image!!)
- Copy recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3.img to the root of your sdcard
- start the terminal app or launch adb
- su(press enter)
- flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-RA-supersonic-v2.3.img(press enter)
- reboot recovery(press enter)
[ Important notes ]
- Don't restore wimax nandroids between different phones! If you still plan to do it make sure to remove the wimax image from the nandroid backup before restoring!!
- I'll only answer to posts with a real problem description and a pastebin log. All other "issues" will be skipped/ignored.
- Make sure have enough free space available on your sdcard when making a nandroid backup!!
- Always check recovery.log before posting your issues!
You can do this by doing :
- "cat /tmp/recovery.log" OR "cat /cache/recovery/log" right after you had the issue.
- Use the "move log to sd" option in the "others" menu right after you had the issue. This will move the log to /sdcard/recovery.log so you can easily open it with a text editor.
[ Special Thanks ]
- http://www.androidspin.com for hosting ^^
- Tiffany84 for the PC36IMG's ^^
- DrMacinyasha for the mirror ^^
- jhansche for the initial port of the evo recovery and his menu navigation and verification code.
- joncfoo for the menu loop code.
- toastcfh for testing and all his awesome work on the Evo (root, unlocked nand, ..) Thanks ^^ Buy him a coffee!!
- flipzmode for testing, screenshots and feedback, Thanks ^^
- packetlss for all the hours of support and awesome coding skills, THANKS man ^^, donate to Haiti
- Koushik Dutta for his awesome work on recoveries and ROM manager ^^
- Cyanogen for his dedicated work! , buy him a beer!
- Chris Soyars for the new Apps2SD method ^^
- JesusFreke for his awesome JFv1.43's recovery , donate
- pensive for adding awesome features to Nandroid
- 51dusty for his sdparted script!
- k4str0 for his fix_permissions v2.03 update.
- rikupw for the ideas and toggle_ums script.