DOCUMENTATION : http://charlie-soft.com/Software/Manila_SDK/html/
This SDK is designed for speed: .NET applications are usually very slow to load and not fluid. I use some tricks to improve speed, like drawing only area having changes, scrolling without backbuffer or creating textures for text (GDI text drawing was slower…).
What’s in the box:
- PNG resources for VGA/WVGA. They can be easily modified. SDK will resize automatically the resources if your device has a smaller (or higher) resolution!
- Design your app for VGA, the SDK will adjust the layout for other resolutions!
- Full Finger Control.
- Source files (.cpp and .h) of library.
- Source files of example.
- MyEditControl: Edit box with different width. Easy get and set text. SIP detection: scroll Edit area.
- MyItem: Button (3 types), checkboxes and switch (TripleState!). Event on click, visibility and state can be changed/get easily.
- MyPanel : This element is not visible but is used to bring together elements. This element can have a title and dotted separator between each element.
- ChildSection : Contains a subsection which is displayed with a sliding effect.
- MyLabel: Print text with different font and color.
- MyPictureBox: To print image (png, jpg, bmp, gif…)
- MySelector: Like the HTML select. Scroll screen if list is out of screen (see video below).
- Section: A section is a panel which can be scrolled up/down. It contains the different elements.
- MessageBoxSense: Four type of messagebox: info, Ok/Cancel, Abort/Retry and Yes/No.
- MySlider: A simple slider of any size... The min and max values can be changed easily, as the cursor position.
Added the possibility of multilines in edit control
Added possibility to add picture to slider of ChildSection...[bug solved]
Explorer bug solved
Added an event when user click on screen...
Memory usage improved
Loading of image is now safe (use video memory by default but if problems use device memory)
Speed and memory improvement
just add possibility to change color of text for hover and selected...
Minor bug changes:
- items out of screen no longer try to redraw
- text of items recompute their size when changing
- background color is correctly changed
- The SDK is now multi thread safe!
- Add the possibility to right clicks (long press)
- Add the possibility to hook windows message (WM_ACTIVATE for example)
- Add the possibility to have a bottom bar.
- Add the possibility to have a background image (landscape and portrait).
- If the app is allready started, close the new instance and show the previous one.
- MySelector can be scrolled if the list is too long.
- Text is now printed with alpha transparency.
- Compatible with any character (hebrew, vietnamese...).
- MyPictureBox can now be stretched.
- Memory usage reduced.
- Minor bugs fixed
- Add the possibility to show MessageBox without a main application.
- Background can be transparent ! (see this app for demo)
- Native drawing (DirectDraw was too slow in landscape)
- Slider can have a force feedback (see this app for demo)
- MySlider added
- drawing process rewrited: less redraw->less computation->less CPU utilization -> battery consumption reduced
- Loading optimisation
- The layout is now independent of screen resolution!
- top taskbar is occassionally cleared [fixed]
- White screen, touching the panel brings it back [fixed]
- landscape items position incorrect [fixed]
- landscape compatible
- Abort/Retry added to MessageBoxSense
- TripleState Checkboxes and OnOffItems added
- is QVGA resolution supported?
Yes, SDK will find the correct resolution and select the appropriate resource resolution. The SDK will delete the other resources...
- have you planned to extend MessageBox types to Abort/Retry?
Yes, to create one:
MessageBoxSense::show(L"Hello",L"Try again ?", MESSAGE_ABORTRETRY);
- is this landscape compatible?
Yes but having refresh rate issue. Seems to be a DirectDraw problem (S2U2 was subject to the same issue...)
If someone know how to solve this problem, send me a message !
- Back button too slow.
You can change the speed anim using this function: changeSpeed(double nbMilisecond)
- why aren't you including some TripleState Checkboxes and OnOffItems ?
Both are now included:
new MyItem(1,5,15,ITEM_IS_CHECKBOX,ITEM_THIRD_STATE,L"My third checkbox (Third state)");
Wake on Wan is a new app which use this SDK. Sources are available!
Quick shutdown is a software which use this SDK too. It can turn off, restart or set the phone in sleep mode. Sources are also available!