FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Visual Voicemail Problems

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By GeneralSpecific, Senior Member on 8th July 2010, 05:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all!

This is my 1st Evo post (maybe 1st post period) and Im having trouble with my visual voicemail. I am on the latest firmware, the phone is brand new (got it 2 days ago).

When I open the visual voicemail app, I press menu and click undelivered messages. Sitting in this folder is "activate@vvm.sprint.com". Ive tried resending it, no luck. I cant delete it either. I get an error message stating "there is a delay in setting up your voicemail. Your message will be sent as soon as this step is complete." Also, when I hold the 1 key down, it doesnt take me to VM, it just rings and I get an error message. I have to dial my own number to get to my voice messages. What am I doing wrong?

Problem 1: No visual voicemail
Problem 2: Holding 1 key doesnt take me to VM

Thanks in advance for anyones help, it is surely appreciated!

Chris

8th July 2010, 05:30 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
I forgot to mention, I have full service strength and I can use the internet and get email over the 3g/4g connection.
8th July 2010, 07:39 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
I called customer service, and they told me to call back on a different line. Wish I had one........
8th July 2010, 08:15 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
It sounds like there is an issue regarding your profile. You could try updating your profile.

Settings - System Updates - Update Profile

Also update the PRL while you're there.

If that doesn't work and you don't have another phone to call Sprint with, then take it into a store and use their phones to call support, or maybe they can help you there.

Also a suggestion, don't post replies to your topic just edit your existing one. I almost skipped the post because I saw 3 replies, assuming the question was answered.
8th July 2010, 09:12 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirchuk

It sounds like there is an issue regarding your profile. You could try updating your profile.

Settings - System Updates - Update Profile

Also update the PRL while you're there.

If that doesn't work and you don't have another phone to call Sprint with, then take it into a store and use their phones to call support, or maybe they can help you there.

Also a suggestion, don't post replies to your topic just edit your existing one. I almost skipped the post because I saw 3 replies, assuming the question was answered.

Will do, headed to a sprint store now.

Thanks for the forum ettiquite info too
16th July 2010, 10:07 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
here is how your fix this problem...
I just had this and nothing I did or looked up help. got off of the line with Sprint and apparently there is sometimes a "Ghost" number set up on your phone during initiation and if your ported # does not get embedded in the software properly, you are hosed.

here is how you fix it:

- from dialer, dial ##643750#
- a menu will pop up, hit edit mode
- there will be 2 options -- can't remember the names. the top one will be what should be your phone # and the bottom one is a general access # that is *not* your phone #
- on the top entry, click edit and replace the # with your own phone #
- click the menu button on the phone and initiate the change

After I did this, my many test voicemails arrived after about 10 seconds.

Hope this helps --- I was not a member of this forum but registered just to log this fix as it is very frustrating. I hope this saves someone some time and frustration!
16th July 2010, 10:14 PM |#7  
Flag Costa Mesa, CA
Thanks Meter: 210

More
1. Sign up for google voice,
2. setup conditional call forwarding on your voicemail
3. enjoy transcribed text and better recording quality
16th July 2010, 11:51 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donatom3

1. Sign up for google voice,
2. setup conditional call forwarding on your voicemail
3. enjoy transcribed text and better recording quality

I was trying to figure this out.. What's the easy to set up forwarding to google voice?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
17th July 2010, 12:14 AM |#9  
Flag Costa Mesa, CA
Thanks Meter: 210

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr19

I was trying to figure this out.. What's the easy to set up forwarding to google voice?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Go to settings in google voice then voice settings you should see your mobile number and a link to enable google voicemail on this phone.

Basically you're going to dial *28XXXXXXXXXX which is your phone number.
17th July 2010, 06:21 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 366

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peakay

I just had this and nothing I did or looked up help. got off of the line with Sprint and apparently there is sometimes a "Ghost" number set up on your phone during initiation and if your ported # does not get embedded in the software properly, you are hosed.

here is how you fix it:

- from dialer, dial ##643750#
- a menu will pop up, hit edit mode
- there will be 2 options -- can't remember the names. the top one will be what should be your phone # and the bottom one is a general access # that is *not* your phone #
- on the top entry, click edit and replace the # with your own phone #
- click the menu button on the phone and initiate the change

After I did this, my many test voicemails arrived after about 10 seconds.

Hope this helps --- I was not a member of this forum but registered just to log this fix as it is very frustrating. I hope this saves someone some time apd frustration!

I had this exact problem when I ported my old number to my Evo. I went to a Sprint store and they called CS, and I watched the keystrokes the rep did so I'd know what he did. I think the code for this is different for everybody. I just realized today that when CS did this for me, the rep dialed ##xxxxxx# where xxxxxx was actually my MSL code (just looked it up today and it looked familiar, now I know why).

So enter your own MSL and you should get what you need.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)