FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Rom] Fast-Light-Rom v1 (02.31) - v2, v2a (02.38) Milestone (EU)

1,222 posts
Thanks Meter: 141

By HTCDevil, Senior Member on 10th July 2010, 11:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

Here you are my nandroid backup of EU 2.1-update1 (SHOLS_U2_02.31.0) TS's which has the following features:

-Overclock 800 Mhz - vsel 56max (standard @ stock) with script cpufreq_conservative.ko set @ boot
- Obviously rooted
- Full market
- Baseband RTHS.
- Keyboard Euro_querty (£ and €)
- APN self-configurables for the most European carriers
- Launcher 2.1 from 1 to 9 screens, live wallpapers works at touch.
- Gallery 3D Nexus One (by default) works 100%; removed mediagallery.apk
- Motonav, motoCAL, motoGAL,GreekIME, CertInstaller, AlarmClock, GMaps removed.
- Installed Alarm and Dock of Nexus One (works like a charm), Facebook Client, Voice commands installed, Voice Search e Voice Dialer, Sound Recorder, Car dock, Wireless Tether (BT/WI-FI), app/widget Quickboot (reboot/bootloader/recovery), GenieWidget.
- OTA disabled.
- Live Wallpapers 2.1: Grass, Water, Galaxy, Nexus e Polar Clock
- Droid X bootanimation
- Dalvik cache - much free memory in /data.
- SDK v7 in build.prop
- script mountrw and mountro in /system/xbin
- YouTube set by default on high quality, in 3G too.
- busybox and its symlink installed in /system/xbin
- Milestone USB tether (modified by TheSolutor, phone must be in "Portal and tools" mode, you have to set manually lan-usb on your PC as following: IP= 192.168.16.1, DNS and GW=192.168.16.2

It's a very fast and light rom with much free memory for apps

It's a nandroid backup, use ADBRecovery, OpenRecovery, or Got OpenRecovery for installation as a nandroid restore after a wipe

Link v1 (EU 02.31): >>>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<<<

Changelog v2:
- Same specs of v1 (fast and light), just the following differences:
- CertInstaller and Gmaps left, Helpcenter removed, update all apps to a newer version
- memhack
- FLAC support

Link v2 (IT 02.38): >>>>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<<<<

For those who want to have Froyo's JIT on my rom, download GOT OpenRecovery ready for script HERE. Once you are in the recovery choose Miscellaneous--->Run Script--->JIT.sh and reboot. That's all. I recommend to apply that on v2 (02.38) where i've tested it.

New Version Fast-Light-Rom "v2a" (18/07/2010)

Changelog (same specs of v2 but..):
- Overclocked 1000Mhz - vsel56max (stock) - conservative governor at boot (but you can change it on setcpu)
- Froyo's JIT included
- New superuser.apk version
- Galaxy S Theme (no Launcher) completely working

Link v2a: >>>>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<<<<
Overclock @ 1000Mhz and vsel56 doesn't work properly on all milestones, so who have problem of loop in motorola logo, please...load v2 not v2a and make by yourselves jit, superuser.apk and test your vsel with got openrecovery. Thank you all!
If you want original theme click HERE

I hope you like my work

10th July 2010, 01:06 PM |#2  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Downloading

One question: why the rom is based on old version - 2.31? Maybe will it better base rom on newest, 2.36...
10th July 2010, 02:14 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Caserta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beju69

Downloading

One question: why the rom is based on old version - 2.31? Maybe will it better base rom on newest, 2.36...

I've tried 02.38 ITALY and 02.36 DACH before that, dalvik doesn't work as it should and so other mods. That rom is (in my experience of use) much more fast and has a lot of free memory. Alarm and other stuff are changed in my backup so i don't need a newer rom that changes things i've already corrected.
If you'll try it, let me know your opinions about it.

Cheers.

p.s. if you like TS v2b rom, you'll appreciate it
10th July 2010, 02:51 PM |#4  
Flag Warsaw

More
hmmm this rom is quite good for people that want balance between stock-looking android gui ready for modding by changing launchers etc. and powerfull underhood tweaks.

Fast scrolling, fast moving in menu. Up to 193 MBs free memory for apps, preconfigured operators apns (it set apn for me - orange pl). Rom is very nice, at first look everything work ok. I give You feedback after short tests.

As for me - in this ROM should be included one more small app - APNdroid or Toggle data and it will be almost perfect

Good work and keep going
10th July 2010, 04:24 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Caserta

More
Thanks for your advises, you are always welcome

Yes, my backup is simple and let everyone to choose its personal look and favourite apps but there's a lot of substance inside it

I'll prepare a rom based on the new greece released by motorola
10th July 2010, 10:37 PM |#6  
Flag Warsaw

More
hmmm music on speaker don't work - system sounds like new sms work ok. I try system player, meridian and rockplayer... where is a problem? // Solved - just plug normal headphones, play music and unplug. Work.

second problem i have with pairing my BT stereo headphones - stone see them, but don't identify - there only is mac adres. After i choose "Pair & connect" i recive "sorry, can't to pair" (or something like that about pairing, it appear in polish language and i can't translate correctly) // Solved - it looks like motorola can't pair with any devices when she runs as wireless modem in WiFi tether. After turning off tethering, it paired without any problems... my fault :P

You have same problems?
10th July 2010, 11:40 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Caserta

More
The first one doesn't exist for me, i use default player without bugs.

Your "second issue" as you described then isn't a real problem just turn off tethering (it's normal)
11th July 2010, 02:00 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sounds great, will wait for you to update to the new Motorola Greece update as older versions restart my phone often
11th July 2010, 08:39 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Caserta

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesiroth

Sounds great, will wait for you to update to the new Motorola Greece update as older versions restart my phone often

Hmmm, it's very strange...i've never had reboot issue...you could (after a wipe data/cache/battery) re-try to load my backup
11th July 2010, 02:03 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Caserta

More
Released 02.38 (final motorola release) with same specs of 02.31. Enjoy!
3D's title modified.
11th July 2010, 02:10 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Can't wait!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)