I've put a lot of time and effort in getting this release ready, so it should be the last major update the ChocolateEclair project will get. I really hope you enjoy it.
ChocolateEclair 2.0 changelog:
- Dalvik-Cache to /cache
- new bunch of kernels(only default and freekernel for today, the rest will come tomorrow)
- added some very nice wallpapers(HTC wallpapers -> the last 7 of them please tell me if you like them)
- changed boot sound - i like it more this way
- desire lockscreen - there is no big difference, it just fits better with Sense IMHO
- updated Astro and Launcher PRO
- added ipfilter owner module to all kernels(requested)
- data roaming enabled by default(requested)
- speed improvements
What has been done to the official ROM:
- added root
- added busybox
- changed kernel
- a whole set of changes and optimizations
Note: The recommended radio version is 63.18.55.06PU_184.108.40.206.
Note: Please perform a full wipe if you're coming from a previous relese. It is not mandatory, but it's much safer to do so!
- stable and fast kernel, pre-overclocked @ 691MHz / 176MHz
- tweaked internal task killer, scheduler and battery life management
- all hardware working
- A2SD - enabled by default if you have an EXT partition on your SDCard
- Launcher PRO
- very fast boot process(50s)
- USB tethering
- excellent battery life
- you can change music volume while the device is on sleep mode
- wireless tethering, Astro file manager
First boot will take a few minutes, don't panic.
I have also included LauncherPRO in case you're not a Sense fan. To enable it, go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > HTC Sense > Clear defaults. Then press the home button and choose Launcher Pro from the list.
How do I enable Apps2SD?
Apps2SD is enabled automatically if you have an EXT2/3 partition on your SDCard.
Can I use SetCPU or OverclockingWidget?
Yes, you can, but only with the Freekernel.