Also, please post a suggested codename for VE5.0 here too, along with your feedback. Thanks.
Note(for previous builds users): A dalvik-cache wipe is mandatory, and a data wipe is recommended because otherwise contacts might not be shown correctly. Also, if you have Facebook installed, remove it prior to flashing this build.
News: This is the final testing release. The next one will be the final one
Build8 to RC(build10) changelog:
- fixed Facebook sync
- removed camera timestamp and fixed camera icon
- fixed some code errors
- another attempt to fix the boot issues -> if you cannot get past the Hero screen post your logcat here; I've added some debug logs
- improved GPS reception - it's the first time I could get a fix from inside my home
- fix multitouch in Google Maps
- other goodies that are not bug fixes
- VanillaEclair optimized kernel @691/176
- all hardware working
- USB tether(more info below)
- LauncherPRO as the default launcher*
- speed and functionality improvements
- no timestamp on photos
- auto-brightness, button lights, trackball lights
- rooted, A2SD, busybox &co
- facebook sync
- ... many more
* I chose LauncherPRO because I really can't stand the ADW Launcher that Cyanogen has chosen as the default launcher for his ROMs.
More info on Wired Tethering:
I've managed to fix it with kosmiq's help. So, you can enable wired tethering from the menu(settings -> wireless and networks). But, when you disable it, you won't have ADB access. To regain ADB access, you either reboot or turn off then turn back on USB Debugging. That's all.
Note: You will probably notice some changes in the settings menu. Feel free to explore.