FORUMS

Nexus One vs. Samsung Captivate side by side *videos-pics*

1,600 posts
Thanks Meter: 175

Post Reply Email Thread
I just picked up a captivate, haven't even unboxed it yet.

I'm going to hang onto my N1, so if anyone wants to see any side by side comparisons, please ask away.

My Nexus is unlocked/rooted running CM6-RC1.

Let me know guys. This is the kind of thing I wanted to see before buying one, but no one had done it, so I just want to help others out in the name of science.

----------------------------------------------------
Here is a video of some side by side speed tests...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6T5I9hmVIU
----------------------------------------------------

OK, here is a batch of pics I just shot. One of my homescreen (both phones setup the same with ADW launcher) Both phones are set to 50% screen brightness.
Several shots of each phone playing one of the 720p vids that came with the Galaxy S
One shot of a hi res photo taken with my camera

http://www.boostedvr4.com/pics/n1/ All of the photos were resized with Photoshop.
---------------------------------------
OK, here is a vid I shot outside with the Captivate. Youtube kinda killed it.
1280x720
29fps
11898kbps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1dyf97jHs
----------------------------------------
Here are some photos taken with each phone. Everything is set to auto, and largest size/best quality on each phone. The flash on the N1 is OFF. Again, resized with photoshop.
Nexus

Captivate

Nexus

Captivate

Nexus

Captivate
18th July 2010, 11:19 PM |#2  
Flag Washington DC
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I would like to see a side by side comparison of the screens close up on the same picture. Engadget did this for the N1 and iPhone4 to show the difference in being able to see pixels on the screen. Just curious how good a super AMOLED screen looks up close compared to an AMOLED screen. Also, it would be nice to see the difference in the camera quality in pictures taken by the N1 vs. the Captivate.
18th July 2010, 11:29 PM |#3  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 0

More
A comparison would be great.

I'm too fed up with my Samsung Jack and couldnt wait for WP7 so I can compare it myself against Android (I really like having Outlook on my phone which is the main reason I didnt get an Android device till now).

I just ordered the Captivate. Been messing around with a friend's N1 running Froyo and its pretty damn good, so I guess i'd like to see how the two stack up, especially given that Captivate still runs 2.1 and ATT sucks at upgrading in a timely manner.
19th July 2010, 04:07 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I would like too see a screen comparison, camera and build quaility. Thanks..
19th July 2010, 04:13 AM |#5  
Flag Arima
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I would love to see some side by side shots etc. Especially the performance of the camera against the Nexus one's.

More importantly I would like to see the OP updated instead of having to scroll through the thread .

Thanks in advance!
19th July 2010, 04:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 303

More
What's with the misleading thread title...either you have the photos and did a side by side, or this is all just a big waste of a thread...phail.
19th July 2010, 04:27 AM |#7  
California
Thanks Meter: 515

More
:Every time I come to this thread, before there is an actual comparison with pictures/video, I'm going to pissed
19th July 2010, 05:10 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hagerstown, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik

What's with the misleading thread title...either you have the photos and did a side by side, or this is all just a big waste of a thread...phail.

I'm not just gonna do some huge review based on my opinion that no one would give a crap about, that's stupid. The purpose of this thread was to see if there was anything specific that someone would want to see.

I'm not gonna get into any opinion based stuff, like build quality. Pictures and video make it easy for people to make their own decisions.

Tomorrow I'll take some shots with each phone and put them up, then put a couple hi res photos on each and take a pic side by side.
19th July 2010, 06:38 AM |#9  
Flag Torrance. California
Thanks Meter: 177

Donate to Me
More
Ummm.... where?
19th July 2010, 06:38 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
i would love if u did this
19th July 2010, 01:16 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 230

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedSR20

I'm not just gonna do some huge review based on my opinion that no one would give a crap about, that's stupid. The purpose of this thread was to see if there was anything specific that someone would want to see.

I'm not gonna get into any opinion based stuff, like build quality. Pictures and video make it easy for people to make their own decisions.

Tomorrow I'll take some shots with each phone and put them up, then put a couple hi res photos on each and take a pic side by side.

actually its nearly impossible to comment about built quality from pictures.......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)