Search This thread

DuchWarczacy

Apr 30, 2010
Szczecin
Im looking for it 2 - htc magic 32a. Unlock device for norway telenor
11. Wait for the program to finish and then reboot into HBoot to see if S=Off. Also, check your bootloader version. If it says s=off and has bootloader version 0.86.0000 it worked.

But dont whant brick phone. gFree is safe to use on HTC Magic 32A?

Napalm_PT

May 20, 2009
BCL
Im looking for it 2 - htc magic 32a. Unlock device for norway telenor

But dont whant brick phone. gFree is safe to use on HTC Magic 32A?

I accidently tried it ( didn't noticed it was for 4g) the command "gfree -f", it didn't unlock and didn't brick but since then I notice a weird thing: everytime the device goes into sleep it does not wake. only taking out battery.
Better reflash the rom...

jesusotero

Aug 7, 2009
jesusoterogomez.com
The gfree method doesn't brick the phone, but it doesn't unlock it either, as the process fails every single time, i tried with gfree 0.2, gfree 0.4, and 0.7.

If you guys want to give it a try, i can post those zips and instructions, if anyone can find other versions. post them here and i'll try without fear , hehe.

All of them fail at "Attempting to power cycle eMMC... Failed."
So any information for that specifically would help also. But all i've found is that on some phones, not all versions of gfree are supported. I also read somewhere it has to do with the radio. so if anyone has the old radio in a 32A. i'd appreciate if you could try, i'm using 6.35 radio.

kiuvi583

Sep 15, 2011
Box

There is a tool box can network unlock your my touch 3G/4G after the unlock process you can flash install room all of this with out flashing the radio....:)

anoopch

Mar 21, 2011
Trivandrum, Kerala, India
HTC Magic 32a [Airtel India]

Hi,
I was having a Bharthi Airtel HTC Magic, locked to Airtel. I unlocked it simply by flashing a compatible WWE radio and Engineering SPL. I also installed a custom ROM for the HTC Magic.

I followed this wonderful guide.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=605239

I used The Cronos ROM, Android 2.3.4, Smoother and snappier
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=953112

I also used a Overclocked Kernel. (See the list in the above thread link)

The radio listed in the thread is 6.x, and is a WWE radio. I had no issues in using a new SIM card.

zelith

Jun 19, 2011
Singapore
Hi I recently bought a HTC Magic 32A from Brazil. I bought a code online and unable to unlock it, incorrect code. My question is, I don't know from which telco in Brazil was this phone originally from, also is there a way to sim unlock this phone using methods like Gfree or anything else? I'm really stumped here. Any help would be appreciated thanks

VOL- , Back and Power , I got this :

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A SHIP S-ON H
HBOOT-1.76.0010 (SAPP60000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-6.35.16.19
Jan 14 2010, 00:14:58

Last edited:

anoopch

Mar 21, 2011
Trivandrum, Kerala, India
Hi,
I'm not sure if this works for you.. First flash your device with a 32a RUU.. WWE..

Then soff the device by changing to engineering bootloader.. Now try inserting the sim of the operation..

This is what I did.. But this haven't worked for my friend's 32B magic..

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

zelith

Jun 19, 2011
Singapore
hi, I did as what you have said, flashed a 32A RUU , a WWE one and then S-OFF and this is what I get on my hboot

SAPPHIRE PVT 32A ENG S-OFF H
HBOOT-1.33.2010 (SAPP60000)
CPLD-12
RADIO-3.22.20.17
Jun 2 2009, 17:27:03

Tried my own sim, it is still locked :(

Is there any other things that I need to do for the sim unlock?

alanthemanofchicago

Dec 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hold your volume down button and power button to enter fastboot mode.. You can see sim lock option there..

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

That's not how the HBOOT version I have works, fastboot (easier accessed by back + power) leads to the screen:
SAPPHIRE PVT 32B ENG S-OFF H
HBOOT-1.33.2005 (SAPP30000)
CPLD-10
RADIO-2.22.19.261
April 20, 2009 15:30:43

FASTBOOT

<Vol Down> HBoot Mode
<Send> Reset Device
<Action> Restart to HBoot
<Menu> Power Down

and HBOOT only gives you two options
Update (only if file on SD)
<Back> Fastboot Mode.

--
the hboot on these devices is not like those on newer HTCs (but, for some reason, my Evo Shift has the simlock option, even though it's a CDMA only device...)

Last edited:

Victor Droogh

Jan 1, 2013
Santpoort noord
Can anybody help me with my data connection on the HTC DROID DNA.

I bought the phone in America at Verizon, but without a plan because I live in the Netherlands.
Now back in the netherlands i entered a Vodafone (Dutch provider) SIMcard, but I cannot use the data connection.
I entered the APN settings for the provider, but that does not work.
I can call with the phone though and the phone should be global and unlocked.

Does anybody has a suggestion to get my data connection to work on my DNA on the Dutch (Vodafone) network?

Please help!