<?php /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */ ?>
What is included:
- Everything that goes with Eclair
- All hardware working(GPS, A-GPS, lights, camera, A2DP etc.)
- Launcher PRO as the default launcher
- Google Apps
- 2.6.29 kernel with my own set of tweaks
- Facebook sync(you need to install Facebook app from Market)
- Built-in USB tethering(check post #2 for more info)
- Built-in Spare Parts(under Settings/System)
- FLAC audio support
- large APN list
- camera doesn't timestamp pictures anymore
- GPS fixes
- notification bar doesn't have round corners
- busybox, root &co
- music app can respond to long-press and short-press on the volume buttons
- new Apps2SD method that can be enabled from the settings
- better organized settings
Please perform a FULL WIPE before flashing this. I won't provide support if you got errors and you didn't wipe for some reason. A clean install is always better!!!
Latest version: VanillaEclair 5.0 20/07/2010
Download: VanillaEclair 5.0 NAS @ 691/176MHz
Download: VanillaEclair 5.0 LoKernel @576/176
Download: VanillaEclair 5.0 Freekernel @576/176 (OC Widget to set any frequencies you want)
Download: VanillaEclair 5.0 ExtremeKernel @768/176 + JIT
Download: JIT Pack (see post #2)
A few known issues:
- You may get stuck on boot sometimes, right after A2SD is enabled. Perform an "adb reboot" and everything will be fine.
- Not all apps in Market are available.
- Multitouch does not work in some apps.
PS: See post #2 for more info and screenshots, and post #3 for reported bugs.
Meet the developer