FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

CyanogenMod 6 Kaiser [RLS5.2] - RC2 based, odex:ed build [6.8.2010]

306 posts
Thanks Meter: 55

By milanche, Senior Member on 22nd July 2010, 12:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
CyanogenMod 6 Kaiser [RLS5.2] - RC2 based, odex:ed build [6.8.2010]

This release is based on CyanogenMod 6 RC2, modified to be Kaiser & Polaris friendly (and hopefully Vogue too). Parts of other releases, mostly dzo's Fresh Froyo are also used.

What's new:

RLS5.1:
- Completely re-done release, based on CyanogenMod 6 RC2 FRF91
- System completely odex:ed (thanks kallt_kaffe for all your help with this)
- Google Apps FRF91 MDPI
- Wifi tethering - courtesy of urban69 and kallt_kaffe.
- Removed most of the "bonus" apps except Astro File Manager, due to /system size limit. To get YR Weather Widget, Brut Maps, Linpack or Nexusrevamped Live Walpaper dowload the AppPack.zip here, unzip the files to your SD card and install via Astro..
- Experimental libhtcgeneric-ril.so to enable 2G/3G switching (again all credits to kallt_kaffe) included. The enable/disable "2G mode only" switch in settings now works!!

For best performance enable compcache in Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Performance. If you want to squeeze even more out of it disable dithering, also in Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Performance.

Download RLS5.1: Mediafire, FileFactory or Megaupload!

Update RLS5.2
-New version of experimental libhtcgeneric-ril.so to enable 2G/3G switching (again all credits to kallt_kaffe) included

RLS5 and RLS5.1 can be updated to RLS5.2 via update attached below: rls5_rls5-2_update.zip.

What works:
Everything should be working as in other Froyo builds. But I may have missed someting - if so, please report!
- Phone: calls, SMS, standard stuff..
- Camera
- BT & BT audio
- Wifi
- Email
- MMS
- Exchange sync, Google sync
- Market
- GPS & Wireless (WiFi or Data) location
- JIT
- Compacache
- et cetera..

Installation:
Put the androidinstall.tar to /andboot folder and install to SD / NAND. SD users will find complete SD HaRET distro attached below, with zImage-froyo-26-07-10 (HaRET.zip). Edit default.txt according to your needs and wishes, but it should be o.k. for most Kaiser users (except panel and battery parameters - fix those). Polaris users should edit default-polaris.txt for Polaris. Vogue users need to use their standard default.txt.

I've tested RC5 on SD (ext2/ext2) install, so I really don't know how it will work on NAND.

If you have problems with Wifi connections, you can try other power levels using script made by kallt_kaffe:
Code:
$ sudo
# wifi_level.sh low|medium|high
To switch between Froyo | Eclair | Paid Market, use a script market.sh, made by kallt_kaffe:
Code:
$ su
# market.sh eclair|froyo|paid
There is a small DeskClock.apk issue in RLS5.X. To get back DeskClock.apk from RLS4, which is o.k. for our resolution, apply attached DeskClock_fix.zip.

Screenshots:
Check them out at CyanogenMod 6 screens page.

Credits go to:
- mssmision for porting CyanogenMod 6 for our devices and all the other work his done
- dzo for his kernels and Froyo releases - without you man there would be no Vogue/Kaiser Android community
- kallt_kaffe for many many contributions he made to Android Vogue/Kaiser community
- Incubus26Jc also for his fine builds and many contributions made to Android Vogue/Kaiser community
- Brut.all for his Maps mod
- DmK75 for the default.txt for Polaris and all the other contributions his done in testing and delivering fixes for this build. Thx man!
- Complete Vogue/Kaiser community

Thank you guys for your great work and sorry for stealing your ideas and soultions, but they're just to tempting not to be used and abused.

I'd be glad to get as much of your feedback as possible. Enjoy!

================================================== ==========

History

RLS4:
- Fixed bootanimation to comply with 240x320 res, also slimmed down bootanimation.zip by 1 Mb
- Replaced all Google Apps with the FRF91-mdpi version
- Updated ADW Launcher to latest version 1.0.1-mdpi
- Removed LinPack
- Included updates from RLS3 in the main build
- Other smaller modifications and optimizations

RLS3:
- Replaced old Vending.apk with a new one from FRF91 source to fix constant FC'ing
- Replaced some other system resources with FRF91 source
- Updated ADW Launcher to latest version 1.0.1
- PNG'optimized and zippaligned all apk's - shaved ~ 10-15% off in average
- Optimized all OGG files - shaved 20-30% off in average (you shouldn't, but if you notice any drop in ringtones quality, please inform me)
- Included Brut Maps, Astro, NexusRevamped LiveWalpaper and LinPack in the release, on the account of newly freed space
- New kernel zImage-froyo-26-07-10 added to HaRET.zip
- Included Wifi tethering fixes made by kallt_kaffe (thx man, great work). No more post installations scripts needed to make it work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HaRET.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.69 MB, 1879 views)
File Type: zip rls5_rls5-2_update.zip - [Click for QR Code] (29.0 KB, 1899 views)
File Type: zip DeskClock_fix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (177.0 KB, 698 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milanche For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift milanche Ad-Free

22nd July 2010, 10:36 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nice work! Sometime I will try this build.
22nd July 2010, 12:19 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Just about the best i've tried yet.
This is by far the most responsive version i've tried yet and i've spent about two days trying all the versions mentioned in the
"Android Build Index - Look here before asking" -I can't post the link-

I'm trying this on NAND. I can't get Wifi to work on my kaiser but i'm going to keep playing around with this one.

Love the speed.

Oh, what is the name of the female football picture/wallpaper?
22nd July 2010, 12:31 PM |#4  
Flag Eger
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,

I will try it on my Pola.

This build is useful for using bluetooth speakerphone in car?
22nd July 2010, 12:34 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
Chick wallpaper.

http://bit.ly/acABBj
22nd July 2010, 01:10 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
wifi won't start. It just states "error"
22nd July 2010, 01:59 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bled

More
@nemuro are you a Kaiser or Polaris user and did you apply my update?
22nd July 2010, 02:07 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Best yet!!
I'm not sure how, but Wifi is now working. It may have something to do with fixing permisions between a re-install. This version is quick and snappy. My favourite so far!!!
22nd July 2010, 02:45 PM |#9  
Flag St. Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milanche

If you find any problems, please report..

Where i install update, i seen message "tar: short read"
Is error?
22nd July 2010, 05:24 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bled

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmK75

Where i install update, i seen message "tar: short read"
Is error?

No. It installed fine, don't worry! I get that error too, it has something to do with the way 7Zip I use makes tarballs, but it has no effect on install.
22nd July 2010, 05:42 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by milanche

@nemuro are you a Kaiser or Polaris user and did you apply my update?

Yes, I applied the update. I am using kaiser, and haret + latest z-image. Is it the problem that I am using a wrong version of default.txt? Do you want me to post that file?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)