This release is based on CyanogenMod 6 RC2, modified to be Kaiser & Polaris friendly (and hopefully Vogue too). Parts of other releases, mostly dzo's Fresh Froyo are also used.
- Completely re-done release, based on CyanogenMod 6 RC2 FRF91
- System completely odex:ed (thanks kallt_kaffe for all your help with this)
- Google Apps FRF91 MDPI
- Wifi tethering - courtesy of urban69 and kallt_kaffe.
- Removed most of the "bonus" apps except Astro File Manager, due to /system size limit. To get YR Weather Widget, Brut Maps, Linpack or Nexusrevamped Live Walpaper dowload the AppPack.zip here, unzip the files to your SD card and install via Astro..
- Experimental libhtcgeneric-ril.so to enable 2G/3G switching (again all credits to kallt_kaffe) included. The enable/disable "2G mode only" switch in settings now works!!
For best performance enable compcache in Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Performance. If you want to squeeze even more out of it disable dithering, also in Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Performance.
Download RLS5.1: Mediafire, FileFactory or Megaupload!
-New version of experimental libhtcgeneric-ril.so to enable 2G/3G switching (again all credits to kallt_kaffe) included
RLS5 and RLS5.1 can be updated to RLS5.2 via update attached below: rls5_rls5-2_update.zip.
Everything should be working as in other Froyo builds. But I may have missed someting - if so, please report!
- Phone: calls, SMS, standard stuff..
- BT & BT audio
- Exchange sync, Google sync
- GPS & Wireless (WiFi or Data) location
- et cetera..
Put the androidinstall.tar to /andboot folder and install to SD / NAND. SD users will find complete SD HaRET distro attached below, with zImage-froyo-26-07-10 (HaRET.zip). Edit default.txt according to your needs and wishes, but it should be o.k. for most Kaiser users (except panel and battery parameters - fix those). Polaris users should edit default-polaris.txt for Polaris. Vogue users need to use their standard default.txt.
I've tested RC5 on SD (ext2/ext2) install, so I really don't know how it will work on NAND.
If you have problems with Wifi connections, you can try other power levels using script made by kallt_kaffe:
$ sudo # wifi_level.sh low|medium|high
$ su # market.sh eclair|froyo|paid
Check them out at CyanogenMod 6 screens page.
Credits go to:
- mssmision for porting CyanogenMod 6 for our devices and all the other work his done
- dzo for his kernels and Froyo releases - without you man there would be no Vogue/Kaiser Android community
- kallt_kaffe for many many contributions he made to Android Vogue/Kaiser community
- Incubus26Jc also for his fine builds and many contributions made to Android Vogue/Kaiser community
- Brut.all for his Maps mod
- DmK75 for the default.txt for Polaris and all the other contributions his done in testing and delivering fixes for this build. Thx man!
- Complete Vogue/Kaiser community
Thank you guys for your great work and sorry for stealing your ideas and soultions, but they're just to tempting not to be used and abused.
I'd be glad to get as much of your feedback as possible. Enjoy!
- Fixed bootanimation to comply with 240x320 res, also slimmed down bootanimation.zip by 1 Mb
- Replaced all Google Apps with the FRF91-mdpi version
- Updated ADW Launcher to latest version 1.0.1-mdpi
- Removed LinPack
- Included updates from RLS3 in the main build
- Other smaller modifications and optimizations
- Replaced old Vending.apk with a new one from FRF91 source to fix constant FC'ing
- Replaced some other system resources with FRF91 source
- Updated ADW Launcher to latest version 1.0.1
- PNG'optimized and zippaligned all apk's - shaved ~ 10-15% off in average
- Optimized all OGG files - shaved 20-30% off in average (you shouldn't, but if you notice any drop in ringtones quality, please inform me)
- Included Brut Maps, Astro, NexusRevamped LiveWalpaper and LinPack in the release, on the account of newly freed space
- New kernel zImage-froyo-26-07-10 added to HaRET.zip
- Included Wifi tethering fixes made by kallt_kaffe (thx man, great work). No more post installations scripts needed to make it work.