Search This thread

generalExpert

Aug 11, 2010
Burbank
generalexpert.blogspot.com
Im loosing touch to focus, some option cm setting, gps and some other, also im not found if cm7 gingerbread as base have a better perfomance. Froyo cm6 more stable for me. No issue after 2 weeks use it.
Thanks cm!!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium App

Yeah, touch to focus is one of my main wants for CM7. They will soon work in all the little things... CM6 does rock though.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

generalExpert

Aug 11, 2010
Burbank
generalexpert.blogspot.com
Why would I switch? GB is based on a buggy kernel base,lacks mouse pointers, has a buggy GPS, etc. GB blows and there's no GOOD reason to use it.

Dude, I'm feelin ya too. Have you gott'n 4g to work? I miss CM6 it was so perfect but I wanted 4g! So far I've been getting really good battery life and 4g... I can't stand not having all the CM6 camera features... But in time they'll come I guess.

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
Could always use one of the WiMax builds of CM6 ...

Enviado desde mi PC36100 utilizando XDA Premium de la aplicación

dodgerbluehero

Mar 28, 2010
I wanna rock this again...it looks clean but does anyone know how I can get the new market? I remwber before there were zips but none ever worked for me if anyone can point me to the gapps for cm6 that has the new market ill love you....

S

sirmx

I wanna rock this again...it looks clean but does anyone know how I can get the new market? I remwber before there were zips but none ever worked for me if anyone can point me to the gapps for cm6 that has the new market ill love you....

Not sure what you mean by 'new'. The market app does automatically update itself once you run it once or twice. It happens without many users even knowing it.

Hazelfoot

Mar 5, 2011
St. Louis
Tried pretty much every ROM out there for Evo, but not this.

Guess I will now since people are STILL saying good things about it after all this time.

dodgerbluehero

Mar 28, 2010
I'm glad to see this isn't dead. I get gingerbread is the newest version and all but why did it have to be green? Froyo just looks a lot cleaner and has less bugs IMO
:)

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
I'm glad to see this isn't dead. I get gingerbread is the newest version and all but why did it have to be green? Froyo just looks a lot cleaner and has less bugs IMO
:)

I agree with everything you said but you gotta remember that gingerbread isn't even out yet officially for the evo. When that happens, the bugs will get squashed.

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
I have been jumping between this and the CM7 builds for a while. Love em both, but CM6 still has some features I keep coming back for. Each have their positives. But, indeed, CM6 still holds a special place in the heart. :)

FL0OD

Jul 27, 2010
I have been jumping between this and the CM7 builds for a while. Love em both, but CM6 still has some features I keep coming back for. Each have their positives. But, indeed, CM6 still holds a special place in the heart. :)

me to, running SNAP turbo on top.

mmegalodon

Aug 14, 2010
That and the original Sculpted theme ... 2.0 is great, too ... but sometimes you feel like going back to the 'old days.'

ViViDboarder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Is multiquote still broken in XDA? Not working for me and I'm lazy so I'm not going to bother.

CM 6 is Dead, as far as development is concerned. That means any issues and you're SOL. Any security vulnerabilities? SOL. Any incompatible apps? SOL.

There have been a lot of changes between Froyo and Gingerbread. Just because you can't name them doesn't mean they are there. Look at the commits between on an AOSP branch.

There are still a few things I miss from CM6 (Camera App FTW!), but really CM7 is incredibly stable for me. I have been running it as a daily driver since February and, while it was bumpy at first, it's been great since the final release. As for pointer support, is it still really not in? I know there was a proposed patch on Gerrit a while ago.

I understand if there are features you like in CM6, but to call CM7 buggy and pointless is pretty off base.

And as far as colors go, CM7 theme manager is pretty nice. You have a lot of options. Right now I'm using Cyanobread, but I change between that and Sculpted 2.0.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 2.2 (Froyo) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

THIS IS NOT HTC SENSE AND NEVER WILL BE. DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD. THANK YOU.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is an AOSP-based build with extra contributions from many people which you can use without any type of Google applications. I found a link from some other project that can be used to restore the Google parts, which can be found below or elsewhere in the thread. I've still included the various hardware-specific code, which seems to be slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Visit the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes and features!

All source code is available at the CyanogenMod Github!

If you'd like to to contribute to CyanogenMod, checkout our Gerrit instance.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 6 to your Evo (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager or Amon_RA's recovery image (You MUST be NAND unlocked!)
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Update your radio if necessary
    4. WIPE
    5. Install the ROM
    5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM6?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

HOW TO REPORT BUGS OR PROBLEMS?
    - Was it a hard reboot? Get me the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    - Was it a soft reboot or a "boot loop"? Run "adb logcat" and get me the full output.
    - Pastebin links preferred
    - Please use the issue tracker whenever possible!

Please visit the CyanogenMod Wiki for step-by-step installation walkthroughs and tons of other useful information.

The preferred method of installation is via ROM Manager, or you can head over to the CM Forums for manual downloads.

Known Issues:
    * No 4G or HDMI yet.

Thank you to EVERYONE involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging and documenting! Enjoy!
    Anyone know if they moved the nightlies to another host? TeamDouche was last updated on the 17th. Or have they just not released any since then?

There haven't really been any updates since we've been working on CM7. We'll be starting the nightly builds for the new version soon :)
    I like the "almost inspiring" part. Like the world may initially be enough to inspire, but that's temporary.

the "almost" bit is due to my recent experiences with certain people i've come across in the android world. it's a slight bias. take that out of the equation and my trust in humanity goes up quite a bit.

Hmm ... two stalwarts questioning faith in mankind has inspired me to form a new years resolution, and perhaps others will join me in this voyage.

No one appreciates flaming, beration, derision, or otherwise malicious acts cast upon them when they display ignorance in forum protocol. While their action is not excusable persay, when met with repugnance it only festers into defensive anger, and when the noob becomes the veteran, they carry this faulty tradition to the next noob, creating a vicious cycle of ambivalent malevolence. I myself am guilty of propogating this cycle, but no longer.

Henceforth, I vow to be nothing but positive and helpful when responding to questions. Failure in following established protocols (such as reading back and searching) will of course be pointed out, but rather than villify I will educate, rather than strike down I will raise up. No longer shall I further five-page flameathons dedicated to chest-beating and grunting. No longer shall I respond with spite and disregard to a simple question that could more easily be answered with a simple answer. I ask that others join me on this quest to improve this and other threads, to make XDA the community of help and support it was founded to be, and to assist in recruiting future members that can lead this community further into the future.

XDA brothers and sisters, join me.
    6.1.2 is up with the new hardware support :cool:
    You know, as much as everyone likes to flame this person, I can actually say that I had a similar situation (except for the fact that I never blamed CyanogenMod ). My old Evo used to have problems with random rebooting that seemed related to overheating. I recognized that everything ran more smoothly on CM, but unfortunately it was like turbocharging a ****ty car. Despite wiping my phone every way possible, it would crash and reboot like nothing else.

Now I turned in my old phone for this new one and can sing the praises of Cyanogen! I rooted my phone, installed Cyanogen once and haven't needed to reboot since.

That is actually the exact reason for the flaming ... you didn't lash out, you troubleshooted. In your case it was the phone itself, and as you say everything is running smoothly now. On that note ... /begin soapbox

In America today, there is a rampant epidemic, and that is the lack of self-awareness and the inability to doubt oneself. In times past, the ideas of honor and integrity meant that when faced with a difficulty you work as best you can to overcome it, and if you made a mistake along the way, you accept it and own up to it. Now, we don't even get to the point we recognize possible mistakes we made ... all that occurs is blame. Something is not working on my phone, in my car, in my life ... it must be someone or something ELSE's fault. There is no self-awareness anymore, so there is no need to work to resolve your own problems (as complaining about it is much easier). This comment is a microcosm, a personification of that lack of honor, that lack of integrity, that plagues the masses. That is why CM is so vigorously defended by its users, and why the flaming commences, because it too is a microcosm ... but for the restoration of that integrity, the willingness to put in the hard work necessary to reach the goal you seek instead of complain when others don't reach it for you. I personally fight for these ideals, these principles, and while this rom is "just another rom" to others ... to me, it is a very small realization of what I believe to be important, a small truth of humanity that is rarely recognized in the modern world.

/end soapbox