(sorry, my account is too new to properly link the bug thread)
This is fixed in the latest CM6 nightly builds, but I don't think it's possible to get the .ko from that build to work on stock FRF91.
I backported the fix from git (android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/system/wlan/broadcom.git;a=commitdiff;h=5a838529e6197475cbe8f5 a4557fbd31f90586a6) to the earlier version of the driver.
I've been testing this for the last 30 minutes and haven't been kicked off wi-fi once after the screen went to sleep.
How to install:
- Make sure you're on FRF91 and have rooted yourself
- adb shell and get root via 'su'
- Copy your old driver to /data/local: cat /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko > /data/local/bcm4329.ko.old
- Check that the MD5 of the unzipped .ko is 959dda656228b4191f8e97b920482ae2
- From your system, adb push the attached bcm4329.ko (unzip it first) to /data/local/bcm4329.ko.new
- adb shell and get root via 'su' again
- Copy the driver over top of the old one: cat /data/local/bcm4329.ko.new > /system/lib/modules/bcm4329.ko
You'll probably screw up future OTA updates if you manually patch this, but it's easy enough to undo (just flash the stock FRF91 or replace the old driver). Also, it worked fine for me, but you'll be doing this at your own risk, etc, etc etc.