FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[prj][Android 2.2 Froyo][CyanogenMod-6 Ports][26-10-2010][NEW INSTALLER]

497 posts
Thanks Meter: 90

By neopeek, Senior Member on 26th July 2010, 06:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
@Admins / Moderators: Why there is no Android section for HTc Diamond??? Can you create it accordingly and move my Android threads into it?? Maybe some users also should suggest this to the admins / moderators...

EDIT 26-10-2010: CyanogenMod 6.0 Final and CyanogenMod 5.0.8 Final available now!!

The following CyanogenMod-Ports are available now (stable is marked as FINAL):
  • VaniljEclair CM5 (Eclair / FINAL V1.3 updated on 26-10-2010 )
  • "Official" CM6 (Froyo / FINAL V1.0 updated on 25-10-2010])
  • FroyoRedux CM6
  • SuperF-Port
  • many more...

Quick-Installation-Guide:
Read this installation instructions by chase21

Thanks go to:

Balsat, XDANDROID-TEAM, Cyanogen + Team and everyone else whom I forgot.

Used kernel + modules: htc-msm-linux by glemson and balsat
Used rootfs: XDAndroid modified to run on EXT2-Partition
Mixed-Up and ported by: Neopeek
Source: CyanogenMod 6, CyanogenMod 5

Download latest release
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neopeek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neopeek Ad-Free

26th July 2010, 06:15 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
reserverd for my mama & papa
Updates...
The Following User Says Thank You to neopeek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neopeek Ad-Free
26th July 2010, 07:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
so this rom is for the touch diamond? does it work for the verizon one?
thanks
26th July 2010, 08:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cool work man, looking forward to the final release!
26th July 2010, 09:07 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric303

so this rom is for the touch diamond? does it work for the verizon one?
thanks

It's not a full ROM. You have to carefully read the instructions on my site. But this release is cross-compatible with a lot of devices. Not only Diamond. Also Raphael, Blackstone, Tilt2 etc.

You will have to create an EXT2-Partition on your internal memory. I have updated the first post with 2 videos on how to achieve this. If you are unexperienced in doing this or are a windows user then don't hesitate to ask...
26th July 2010, 09:28 PM |#6  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,975

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatoloco

It's not a full ROM. You have to carefully read the instructions on my site. But this release is cross-compatible with a lot of devices. Not only Diamond. Also Raphael, Blackstone, Tilt2 etc.

You will have to create an EXT2-Partition on your internal memory. I have updated the first post with 2 videos on how to achieve this. If you are unexperienced in doing this or are a windows user then don't hesitate to ask...

I want to know if instead of creating a new ext2 partition i can edit the ext2 partition of xdandroid froyo bulid
27th July 2010, 04:43 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Fisrt post updated
27th July 2010, 06:33 PM |#8  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatoloco

Fisrt post updated

hi Neopeek,

is superF the next generation of the supereclair series? it was very stable and fast, i liked it and played a lot with it. but suddenly you discontinued the developing because of froyo... but if there is a chance to get a similar froyo, i'm glad to wait for it.

but the actual state of superF not really good. it is really fast, but a lot of things doesn't work. see my post in your site

cheers!
27th July 2010, 09:26 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Hi batabe,

as stated on my site I did a mistake with superF. I will provide a new build tomorrow. You mentioned it right: The reason why I stopped SuperE and SuperEclair was the Hype of Froyo. I am still searching for some guys who want to support me with porting ROMS. Now at the moment I am again in a release marathon throwing out several new Froyo and Donut ports. Of course, I will continue with Eclair, too - but I am no magician and also my wife's sitting in my neck cause I am spending too much time with my computer instead with her But I am happy that users like you give me feedback on my work. That's very important for me...

EDIT: The superF-Port also looks very promising for me. It's still in latest Test-Phase and Ben Buchacher promised to throw out stable one, soon. So I will pay extra attention on this...
28th July 2010, 03:15 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi vatoloco, thanks for your effort and keep it up! I like android and unfortunately it is still not stable enough for everyday use, expecially the battery drainage problem. I am following up your every few days to hope for your improvement.
Thanks.
28th July 2010, 05:16 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Have a Diamond DIAM100 running custom firmware WinMo 6.5

I made a backup of my internal memory, then gparted the drive, leaving about 500 mb for ext2. Did not made swap drive as there was nothing about it on your tutorial.

Installed Android 2.2. Kernel 2.6.27.46.01129-g5f4085a
Mod version CyanogenMod-6.0.0-DS-RC2

Used Diamond startup.txt (No overclocking)

Unit starts. First two boots on android did not have signals, but after messing around on settings wireless and networks, Mobile networks, it found the local net and even autoconnected to internet without the need of any configuration.

Nevertheless the unit is quite slow on response.

Dialing a phone number (no contacts yet) is really slow, and there is no audio out of the external speaker (so no ringing yet).

Camera don´t work.

System reboots from time to time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)