FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to set custom Notification Ringtone?

771 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

By ultra spikey, Senior Member on 26th July 2010, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I used to use an app called Rings Extended on my G1 to set my own Notification Ringtone(or incoming text). Doesnt seem to work on the Vibrant. Is there another way?

26th July 2010, 08:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I use tone picker it's in the market. Works fine on mine.
26th July 2010, 09:07 PM |#3  
Flag Lost Angeles
Thanks Meter: 32

More
You can also create custom folders which android will recognize for custom sounds. Create a folder called "Media". In that, create a folder called "Audio". In the Audio folder create folders called "Ringtones", "Notifications", "Alarms". If you put custom sounds in those folders, you will be able to select them in your settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to XfooYen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XfooYen Ad-Free
26th July 2010, 09:08 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra spikey

I used to use an app called Rings Extended on my G1 to set my own Notification Ringtone(or incoming text). Doesnt seem to work on the Vibrant. Is there another way?

You can only set custom ringtones for entries stored on the Phone (not GMail like it should be). Easiest way is to create a 2nd contact with the same exact name and set the ringtone there. The phone will automatically link them together. You just need to enter the name and set the ringtone, don't need to re-enter their phone number, etc.
26th July 2010, 09:28 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XfooYen

You can also create custom folders which android will recognize for custom sounds. Create a folder called "Media". In that, create a folder called "Audio". In the Audio folder create folders called "Ringtones", "Notifications", "Alarms". If you put custom sounds in those folders, you will be able to select them in your settings.

Cool thanks...that worked.
26th July 2010, 09:42 PM |#6  
Flag ??, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 26

More
FYI, Rings Extended works for me. I had it on my G1 also, and I loved it so it was one of the first things I installed on my Vibrant. Is it just force closing on you? Won't finish installing?
7th August 2010, 05:58 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

Great solution. No extra app needed.
7th August 2010, 06:15 PM |#8  
Flag Qu├ębec city
Thanks Meter: 160

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Noob question but... where do you create the original "Media" forlder?
9th August 2010, 01:05 AM |#9  

More
I believe you can put it in your sd card folder.
21st September 2010, 04:13 AM |#10  

More
Thumbs up worked perfect
Quote:

Wow,...have been searching on how to add custom ringtones for an hour now...such a simple thing to make it work...Thanks a lot OP...worked perfectly.
21st September 2010, 06:26 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manticore1977

You can only set custom ringtones for entries stored on the Phone (not GMail like it should be). Easiest way is to create a 2nd contact with the same exact name and set the ringtone there. The phone will automatically link them together. You just need to enter the name and set the ringtone, don't need to re-enter their phone number, etc.

ya but then when you go to text message there are two of the same person with identical numbers...hence my prob that i cant figure out
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)