OFFICIAL HTC WWE ÉCLAIR 2.1 (RUU)
***ONLY FOR GSM HERO***
This ROM is just another ROM like most others out there... Yes, I'm late in the game and it does not have much more than most ROMs but that was not the intention either. It's also not this ROM's intention to compete with any other ROMs. This is just something I did for myself (that's why you can find some unusual features) which I decided to share cause some people might like my simple and basic changes.
My work is based in two other ROMs, MoDaCo from Paul O'Brien and VillainROM from TeamVillain. I respect their work and thank them for their hard work. Some things were literally copied from their ROMs to mine, but I give credit where credit is due; if you find something that you think it was copied, that's because it probably was, but I'm not doing this to take credit for their work.
- Based on Official HTC WWE Éclair 2.1 Update (RUU)
- Rooted with Superuser 126.96.36.199 by ChainsDD
- Missing locales from the official HTC update
- en_PT, en_FI, fr_BE, fr_CH, pt_PT, nb_FI, da_FI, sv_FI
- Fully deodexed for theming, hacking and extra space
- Added Click'n'Drag to rearrange screens in Rosie/Sense
- Long and comprehensive list of updated APNs
- Added Dropbear support (SSH Server)
- Added support for dalvik2cache script
- Tweaked low memory management
- Disabled boot animation sound
- Included Linux tools:
- BusyBox v1.15.3
- SQLite v3.5.9
- Bash v4.1
- Nano v2.0.9
- Included applications:
- 3D Gallery v1.1.30682 (Froyo port)
- Removed applications:
- HTC Footprints
- HTC Stocks
How to install:
- Wipe everything:
- Battery Stats
- Rotate Settings
- Flash ROM via recovery mode.
- Flash Radio via recovery mode (the phone will reboot twice, do not interrupt the process at any moment).
- Reboot the system once after the initial boot.
- It's somewhat impossible to thank every single person that contributes to the Android ROM development community. Kudos to everyone that does an amazing work and decides to share it with us.
- Credits to Paul O'Brien for the missing locales (from Chunghwa 2.1 ROM), Nano and Click'n'Drag Rosie/Sense UI mod.
- Credits to TeamVillain for the huge APNs list, Bash, low memory management tweak and dalvik2cache script.
- That's all I can remember at the moment, sorry if I forgot something or someone important.
- I will not be held responsible for any damage to the phone and it's your responsibility to make the necessary backups before flashing this ROM.