FORUMS

[APP Request] DivX over WiFi/LAN

430 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By stshannon, Senior Member on 27th July 2010, 05:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Looking for something similar to Rock Payer, or DemoPlayer (another DivX player).

Ive found two Apps that will play DivX, and I've found an app that allows me to explore my Desktop via WiFi from my phone (ES Explorer), and play (compatable) video, but DivX is not compatible.

What I'm looking for is a way to play my DivX movies i have on my desktop, over wifi, to my phone, directly. Without using something like ORB.

What would be ideal would be something like RockPlayer, with a LAN/WiFi explorer built in. Anyone know of such an app?

Both demoPlayer, and Rockplayer, play my DivX stored on my phone GREAT, screen stretch works flawlessly, it plays very good quality etc... But id like to be able to not have to keep the DivX's ON my phone. I have hundreds of movies etc on my computer, and would like to just browse to what i want to watch, and play.

And yes, just over local Lan/WiFi. I don't care about 3G etc... I'm strictly looking for an app that will do this over my local home network. If it in addition to that has 3G or cel streaming fine, but then i think we get into that "Orb" category.
27th July 2010, 12:21 PM |#2  
Flag Ústí nad Orlicí
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Look here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=733490
28th July 2010, 01:07 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Woodland, Wa
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d750

Look here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=733490

THANK YOU!

That was exactly what i was looking for!

And flowing those directions (and simply copy/pasting the example code) worked flawlessly and simply (i already had samba share setup on the PC to stream to my Wii)... Was pretty simple...

THANK YOU.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)