I've modified Brut.all's Maps to better suit my taste and with Brut.all's permission I'd like to share the *.apk with you.
- All icons with "BRUT" watermark reverted to stock
- The [brut] suffix removed from the application name
- Package name reverted back to com.google.android.apps.maps, so everything works correctly, including Car Panel and Chrometophone.
- Map caching enabled by default
I am in no way responsible for damage done to your phone or to you, reindeers run over, alien abductions or global warming Everything you do, you're doing at your own responsibility. The one and only author of this great mod is Brut.all, so all cash and women are to be sent to him.
DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION:
1) Always do a nandroid backup.
2) Download the zip file below, put it to your SD card root and flash via recovery or ROM Manager.
squrl_maps-brut16.zip, md5sum e958982666a36ed2a7df1924ae49e7c6
- Some users are reporting that they don't see Maps, Navigation, etc. in the app drawer after they install the update.zip.
If you are experiencing this issue, read post #80, it contains an explanation and a fix as well. It may be a bit drastic, but it's the price you have to pay if you want to use this mod.
Special thanks to Brut.all for his work and friendly approach & to ivarson_swe for the help with package name reversion, and for the tip with enabling the map caching feature by default.
PS: If you like what I do and want to show some appreciation, you can register your Dropbox account through my referral link. You'll get 250MB for free, I'll get 250MB for free and we'll be both happy