FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

[APPMOD][UPDATED] Google Maps [brut] 4.4.0 stockified PROPER

133 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By squrl, Senior Member on 27th July 2010, 09:26 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
If your country has official Google nav support, this isn't for you.

Hey guys,

I've modified Brut.all's Maps to better suit my taste and with Brut.all's permission I'd like to share the *.apk with you.

What's changed:
  • All icons with "BRUT" watermark reverted to stock
  • The [brut] suffix removed from the application name
  • Package name reverted back to com.google.android.apps.maps, so everything works correctly, including Car Panel and Chrometophone.

Bonus:
  • Zipaligned
  • Map caching enabled by default

DISCLAIMER

I am in no way responsible for damage done to your phone or to you, reindeers run over, alien abductions or global warming Everything you do, you're doing at your own responsibility. The one and only author of this great mod is Brut.all, so all cash and women are to be sent to him.

DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION:

1) Always do a nandroid backup.
2) Download the zip file below, put it to your SD card root and flash via recovery or ROM Manager.

squrl_maps-brut16.zip, md5sum e958982666a36ed2a7df1924ae49e7c6

FEATURING IN

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • Some users are reporting that they don't see Maps, Navigation, etc. in the app drawer after they install the update.zip.
    If you are experiencing this issue, read post #80, it contains an explanation and a fix as well. It may be a bit drastic, but it's the price you have to pay if you want to use this mod.

Enjoy

Special thanks to Brut.all for his work and friendly approach & to ivarson_swe for the help with package name reversion, and for the tip with enabling the map caching feature by default.

PS: If you like what I do and want to show some appreciation, you can register your Dropbox account through my referral link. You'll get 250MB for free, I'll get 250MB for free and we'll be both happy
The Following User Says Thank You to squrl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift squrl Ad-Free

28th July 2010, 03:00 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking works Great!
Works great! thanks for the Mod squrl! the only thing not working is voice search though
28th July 2010, 03:36 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tanks!
28th July 2010, 06:50 AM |#4  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Great work, but i wonder is that possible to change package name to "com.google.android.apps.maps" instead of "brut.googlemaps" ???
reason to change: brut.googlemaps doesn't work in chrometophone :P
28th July 2010, 08:14 AM |#5  
Flag Zutphen
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjohn57

Great work, but i wonder is that possible to change package name to "com.google.android.apps.maps" instead of "brut.googlemaps" ???

chrometophone asks what application you want to use when you send it something from google maps to your phone.

So no problem here.

Maybe you selected to allways use the normal google maps?
28th July 2010, 08:29 AM |#6  
Flag Kuala Lumpur

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trion

chrometophone asks what application you want to use when you send it something from google maps to your phone.

So no problem here.

Maybe you selected to allways use the normal google maps?

no, the chrometophone is having bug on this. it default to com.google.android.apps.maps. you can check the bug filed as below.

http://code.google.com/p/chrometopho...tail?id=129#c0
28th July 2010, 08:44 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakevenom

Works great! thanks for the Mod squrl! the only thing not working is voice search though

Does it work in stock 4.3 Maps?

Quote:

Have that planned for 4.4
The Following User Says Thank You to squrl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift squrl Ad-Free
28th July 2010, 08:55 AM |#8  
Flag Kuala Lumpur

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by squrl

Have that planned for 4.4

Hi, I had help you do the mod. i replaced the AndroidManifest.xml with the original GM . Tested, work greatly.

Download link
28th July 2010, 02:37 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:

Hi, I had help you do the mod. i replaced the AndroidManifest.xml with the original GM . Tested, work greatly.

Download link

This worked like a charm with Google Car Home. Thanks!
28th July 2010, 03:55 PM |#10  
Flag Zutphen
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

no, the chrometophone is having bug on this. it default to com.google.android.apps.maps. you can check the bug filed as below.

http://code.google.com/p/chrometopho...tail?id=129#c0

Strange, i use brut version, because can't install the normal, flashed a rom without google maps over a rom witch had google maps and now can't install the normal version.

But when i send some route with chrome2phone it asks if i want to open it with my browser or googlemaps brut. and it works normaly.
28th July 2010, 05:48 PM |#11  
Flag Unknown
Thanks Meter: 38

More
i first flashed this one and then i had to install maps.brut...i wouldnt work if i didnt..and then navipanel separately..and now it works flawlessly
thanx m8
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread