This One-Click Root process will copy over the rooted-update.zip or unroot-update.zip file then reboot your phone. Follow the instructions in the CMD prompt that launches.
LeshaK at Samdroid: for the original rooted-update.zip.This has been tested on stock Android 2.1 Eclair only. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to unroot as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox.
gunnarhafdal : for creating the Mac GUI for my app.
For the following models:
GT-I9000Rooting adds the following to your system and unrooting removes them:
Epic SPH-D700 (Untested but should work like other phones. Post with your results. This is harmless it will either work or it wont. It copies over 3 files to your existing build.)
/system/xbin/busybox (version 1.17.1)More will follow as they are released. PM me to add your Galaxy S Model.
/system/app/Superuser.apk (version 2.3.1)
and links /system/bin/su to /system/xbin/su
Warning: I am not responsible for bricked phones, rooting can void your warranty....
Download the app: here, mirror.
Watch the video for the full procedure on The Unlockr.
Video/Procedure Link Click Here
Requirements: Install Link: Dot Net Framework version 4
1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )Mac Instructions:
2. For Windows x86 and x64 systems make sure that the Samsung Drivers are installed. You can get them here.
3. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_Vibrant_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.
4. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable and launch the file "T-Mobile Vibrant One-Click Root.exe" file.
5. Click the "One-Click Root" button. This will launch a command shell follow the instructions in the CMD window.
Download the app: here, mirror.
- It requires Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.
1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )================================================== ===================
2. Connect the phone to your computer.
3. Click one of the buttons depending on what you want to do.
4. After the phone has rebooted into recovery select "apply sdcard:update.zip" for I9000 and I9000M and choose "Reinstall Packages" for the US models using the volume keys and then press the home button for I9000 and I9000M and the power button on the right top side for US models to start the process.
Done! You are rooted.
To Un-Root follow the same instructions except click on the Un-root button. If you rooted using another process you can use this process to un-root as long as you didnt load a rom that created links to busybox. I would suggest to restore you phone back to stock ROM before even needing to unroot and if you are on stock un-root all you want otherwise what is the point of un-rooting.
Getting Started with Android After Rooting:
Flash Clockwork Custom Recovery On your phone:
Follow this URL to find fill information on ROM Manager:
- Install ROM Manager from Market.
- Launch ROM Manager and click on Backup ROM and save you android O/S stock rooted making getting back to stock un-rooted much easier..