[Official] Augen Gentouch78 Rooting and Development [Working Android Market!]

7,836 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,044

By -viperboy-, Inactive Recognized Developer on 30th July 2010, 03:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd October 2010, 10:28 AM |#1481  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys. I have installed Augen's v3 update, clockwork recovery and Linckrakers clockwork update.

I'm still having problems with using market: I can open it, browse for apps and choose to download, then any items just sit on 'starting download' and nothing happens. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.
22nd October 2010, 02:02 PM |#1482  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
there is an option in the settings for ADW (I think its system persistent but I dont have it in front of me) that stops the screen rotation. Check that and also make sure that the orientation is set to auto and not portrait or landscape.
22nd October 2010, 06:50 PM |#1483  
Flag Parsippany

More
You still have to do the simple market fix after you do Linckraker's update. The link is noted earlier in the thread.

Since you tried market without the fix you'll to start with a fresh install to clear the cache to affect the fix.
22nd October 2010, 10:55 PM |#1484  
Flag Lexington, SC
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Haven't given up yet...
but my Gentouch appears to have died. When plugged in the battery life shows healthy, and charged to 100%, but it shuts down the instant I unplug from the charger. Anyone else having a similar issue??

Thanks!
Peter
28th October 2010, 12:06 AM |#1485  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclemaker

Hi guys. I have installed Augen's v3 update, clockwork recovery and Linckrakers clockwork update.

I'm still having problems with using market: I can open it, browse for apps and choose to download, then any items just sit on 'starting download' and nothing happens. Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks.

hello Try the PandoraDroid - Tab by: JesterDroid it work awesome just i uninstall the ADW home and install by myself helix launcher work super fast market perfect just have to remember to "Wipe Dalvik Cache" at the recovery in advance then market will work fine
http://forum.androidspin.com/showthr...6756#post16756
28th October 2010, 04:35 AM |#1486  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
hate to even bring this up, but what ever happened to CM6 on this "tablet"?
28th October 2010, 06:53 AM |#1487  

More
Smile
hello have any body had a problem with the gentouch78 not reading or i think not detecting the MICROSD i have pandora tab augen patch 3 i bought it on ebay and i received like that i'm not sure if it was working before. the strange is that in the clockwork recovery work fine it detect the SDCARD is just when i am in android away say SDCARD removed i inserted many time but never work also i install in android a app called auto automount and connect the augent to the pc via usb both appears in the pc the internal and the micro SD i eject but androin never say or mount the sd alwasy say sdcard removed STRANGE RIGHT !!!! please help any app that could make androind maybe mount the sdcard i have format,wipe partitions etc non work any idea will be appreciated
28th October 2010, 11:42 AM |#1488  

More
extremely slow booting
Hi all,

I would like to share an issue on my gt78 with you all, also would like to know if anyone could help.

I recently updated to gentouch78patchv3-Lincs.zip (md5 a0d333efc9f63683190d8597ba8b993b) and after all steps are done, did a reboot. but the booting time is extremely slow (4mins+ before droid image), 10mins+ in total to reach the home screen.

I thought it might be some problem with the patch I download so I try with gentouch78patchv3.zip (md5 d141d266edb8a6b0aa0b4bde52f6d3a5), but same result, as well as gentouch78patchv2.zip (md5 bb02ece4b0a7e443c3995e6da894743f).

If I use Lincs patch and goes into recovery mode, it will be stucked at this screen, all buttons does not trigger anything. The menu cannot be navigate.
img101.imageshack.us/img101/6928/clockworkmod.png

With patchv3 I get this when go into recovery mode,
img146.imageshack.us/img146/7218/gt78error.png

This is where it stucked for few minutes,
img547.imageshack.us/img547/8269/boot.png

Besides Normal, Fastboot and Recover mode, I saw FWDN mode too, anyone have any idea?

Now it seems that I couldn't restore it to the original firmware.
28th October 2010, 10:27 PM |#1489  
Flag Johannesburg

More
Augen Genbook 108 Root
I've been following this thread with great interest. I have recently received a Augen Genbook 108 from the manufacturer and and very keen to root it as the Gentouch78 has been so successfully. I am looking for some help to achieve this.

As far as I can tell, the Genbook is basically the same as the Gentouch, but with a hard keyboard and a 1024x600 display. I'm very tempted to try install the custom roms for the Gentouch but am concerned that I'll brick the machine.

The biggest problem I have is that I can't connect the Genbook to my computer to get adb up and running. There are 3 normal USB ports but no mini USB and connecting any of the 3 normal USB ports to my computer has no effect at all (i.e. neither the Genbook or the computer pick up a new device and try to install drivers). I've even opened it up and haven't found a miniUSB anywhere in the hope that it would allow host access.

So I'm at a bit of a loss now and would appreciate any help. I'm very keen to contribute to this forum as much as I can.
29th October 2010, 11:21 AM |#1490  
Flag Johannesburg

More
OK, so some feedback on trying to get Clockwork running on the Genbook108 and the rooting it.

First step was to get into the bootloader menu. This is done by powering off using the power button, then turning on with a quick press of the power button, waiting for the Genbook108 splash screen to apprear, and then holding down the power button until the bootloader menu comes up which shows [Normal boot|Fastboot mode|FWDN mode|Recovery mode]. Pressing the power button repeatedly selects between the options and long holding the power button selects an option (weird - should be arrow keys and enter).

Recovery mode goes to a basic recovery menu to flash from update.zip, erase cache, or erase all user data. First step was to try to replace this recovery.

I used the Fastboot mode to flash the Clockwork recovery.img following the instructions at gentouch78_reset_instructions.pdf (on AugenUS website) splash screen and I can't get into the Recovery mode again.

I'm waiting for the original recovery.img from the manufacturer. No luck on ADB access yet...

(PS: I am posting this here because it is the only thread I can find which has Telechip knowledge and the Genbook108 seems very similar to the Gentouch. Please advise if I should start a new thread)
29th October 2010, 09:31 PM |#1491  

More
palladium

that sounds pretty cool. now is that the $99 netbook that has been listed at kmart?

j
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)